1st Trimester

Did you have a blood test to confirm your HPT?

[poll]
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Did you have a blood test to confirm your HPT?

• We had our first appointment at 7 weeks and 3 days (4 weeks after we got the positive HPT). Our doctor did a pee test, as well as an ultrasound. They did order some blood work, but that was for genetic screening, checking various levels, and checking for certain STDs.
    Mama's Clone - 07/18/12

• I didnt, which I thought it was the norm to have blood test done, but I guess its not. Mine was only a urine sample at 4 weeks at the doctor and now I dont go back in until 10 weeks. Seems SO long.
    Teagan Rae 8-21-12 born on due date/ 9 lbs 4 oz 22 in
  • Loading the player...
  • They just did an ultrasound. They thought I was closer to 10 weeks at the time though. I was really closer to 6 and I knew that.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yeah, my appointment is not until the end of January. Ugh.
  • For this one I did b/c of bleeding.  But they just used a urine test for the 1st pregnancy.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not to my knowledge.  The only question asked was what day did you get a BFP.  A dating ultrasound was done.  
  • I called my dr after I got the +.  Im not sure which blood test they did tho.  I just got a yes, you are pregnant.
  • I did, because my dr's office requires it to make the 1st appt.
    Mrs. 5/03*DD 2/07*DS1 5/09*DS2 7/12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had a quantitative blood test done.

• I thought after taking ten pregnancy tests, my doctor would immediately have me come in for a blood test! However, they just scheduled me for Jan. 18th and told me to start taking prenatal vitiamins and folic acid because they don't start seeing patients til they are 8-10 weeks pregnant!

Is that even  normal?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sounds very normal to me.
  • I had betas done but they were ordered by friend (shame) here at the hospital where I work.  I'm military so while pregnant we are exempt from weight standards and physical fittness tests but we have to have proof of pregnancy.  I called my regular doc to tell them that I got my +HPT so they had me come in for a urine test with the nurse.  I was super early so I knew good and well that anything other than FMU may be negative, which it was.  So my buddy ordered a beta for me because the nurse wasn't going to.
  • I was supposed to, here you have to go to the womens clinic on the base (we're military) after you get a positive HPT to then obtain an obstetric referral (takes 7-10 days) before you can even call to make an appointment!

They usually give a urine test, and if that is positive they do a blood test. I was nearly 7 weeks before I even got a positive HPT so when I went on base I guess the urine test showed up really positive really fast because they didn't make me do a blood test.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"