1st Trimester

BFP HPT, but Dr's office is closed!

I took an HPT last night, which was BFP. I was shaking and almost threw up! I'm still kind of freaking out. It was our first try and weren't expecting it to happen so quickly, but we're thrilled (ok, and scared!).

My Dr.'s office is closed all week due to the holiday and then I am away on vacation the first week of Jan. I'm about 4 weeks (took test 14 dpo). Can I wait until I get back, or should I go to the walk-in free clinic?

I'm feeling ok, and I really like/trust my Dr.

Thanks!

BFP #1: 12/26/11, EDD 09/05/12; m/c discovered: 02/22/12 @ 12w u/s,
D&C: 03/08/12 Waited for AF for 146 long days!
Hysteroscopy/D&C on July 10th to fix blocked cervix (DX: Cervical Stenosis)
BFP #2 12/8/12, EDD 08/21/13 Our rainbow arrived 08/24/13!
imageimageimage

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: BFP HPT, but Dr's office is closed!

• Your doctor won't need to see you until you are 6-8 wks... At this point it is just a waiting game anyway. There is nothing they could do or tell you that you do not already know at this point. I'd just wait until they re open, no need to go to walk-in as it is not an emergency and they'd probably only have you pee in a cup anyway.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Unless you have a history of m/c or are high risk, most OB's don't want to see you till 8-12 weeks.  You should be fine waiting.  Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • You can wait if you're only 4 weeks. I found out when I was 4 weeks but couldn't get in to see my doctor because I had to go out of state for my granddad's funeral. I was gone for a week, so I didn't get in to see my doctor until I was 6 weeks and got the positive from them. My OB doesn't see anyone anyway until you're about 8 weeks, so if you wait 2 weeks, it wouldn't be a problem. Just start taking some prenatal vitamins. And even if you don't do that, you'll be fine. I didn't start taking prenatals until I was at least 8-10 weeks or so.
  • If you have no past history of loss and are not experiencing bad pain or heavy red bleeding, you can wait. It's ok. If you're not yet, start taking prenatal vitamins and drink lots of water. Congrats on your BFP!!
  • Why did you post this twice?
  • I agree with the others.  With my first pregnancy they did not want me in until 8 weeks since there were no immediate concerns.  The only reason I was seen the day of my BFP this time was due to bleeding.  Otherwise they would have waited this time also.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • And congratulations!!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congratulations! Like PP's said you do not need to see a doctor until about 8-10 weeks. But if it will make you feel better, you can get a blood test done at most urgent care centers to confirm the HPT.

• Most offices won't see you before 8-12wks so I think you're okay to wait until after the holiday!  Congrats!

imageimage

• Just wait, there's nothing for them to see or do right now anyway.  My office doesn't schedule first appointments until 10-12 weeks.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    My BFP Chart

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"