2nd Trimester
Options

Im in need of opinons on a name,please?

It is between Kaiya Reign Browning

And

Kaiya Harmony Browning.

What do you all think? Im open to a different middle name if I really like it but these were the only two i've came up with. 

Re: Im in need of opinons on a name,please?

• Options
    No to both. Just nms.

DS#1- 7/2002

DS#2- 6/2004

DS#3- 9/2007

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageHuskerBabyB:
    No to both. Just nms.
    same here
    Audrey is going to be a big sister!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagevenussapphire:
    imageHuskerBabyB:
    No to both. Just nms.
    same here

And same here 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I don't like either of them because it's such a mish mash of styles. Kaiya is Japanese traditionally and Harmony and Reign just sound hippie-ish.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    Neither!!! Indifferent

• Options

I like the first name but maybe spelled differently (I am biased).

I like the middle names too, but maybe Rain not Reign?

• Options
    No. Just no.
  • Options
    Sorry, "no to both" ...what about the name Keira, have you looked at the social security popular names list?
  • Options
    imageMrandMrsHull:

imagevenussapphire:
    imageHuskerBabyB:
    No to both. Just nms.
    same here

And same here 

This.

My little pumpkin was born at 34weeks, weighing 3lbs, due to severe IUGR & Unexplained Placental Insufficiency. He spent 49 days in the NICU. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I don't care for Kaiya.  While I wouldn't use your  middle names, I think they're fine.  The middle name is a place to have a little more fun.  Stick out tongue
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I like Kaiya Reign.

Also, im a fan of "non-traditional" names... 

• Options
    I actually don't terribly mind Kaiya if you have an ethnic attachment to to the name (it's Japanese).  I think if you want to use it, you should pair it with a traditional and classic middle name to balance it, and also to give your daughter a choice later in life.  Examples would be Kaiya Rose, Kaiya Michelle, Kaiya Grace.
    Married in 2008 - DD born in 2010 - EDD 6.15.2012!
  • Options
    I came into this not knowing Kaiya was Japanese, and I think it's pretty.  Not a fan of Reign, though.  Try to find another name with a "royal" meaning instead, maybe?
  • Options

When I think of middle names, I like to find ones that flow with the entirety of the name. So when I say them, I say the entire name out loud (as if, when, and you know it will happen, you need to call out that full name because you mean BUSINESS to your little Kaiya ;) )

Kaiya Jade sounds nice to me.

Kaiya means forgiveness.

Jade, is of English origin, and the meaning of Jade is "precious stone". Jewel name: the green stone which was believed to have the magical power of providing protection against disorders of the intestines.

I also like:

• Kaiya Ren?e
    • Kaiya Shae
    • Kaiya Belle

and for a more unique name:

• Kaiya Quest
    ----------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Visit The Nest!
    ----------
    "Everything happens for a reason"
    ----------
  • Options
    I don't mind Kaiya, but I don't like either middle name... Not a fan of word names in general though...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageHuskerBabyB:
    No to both. Just nms.

Agreed, and I usually like weird names.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Tough crowd!  I think Kaiya Harmony is cute.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry I don't like either of these combos. :-( I wouldn't be sure of the pronounciation of Kaiya. I assume its pronounced Kay-Ya? Or is it more like Ki-Ya?
     I generally only like names that are obvious in pronounciation, as I wouldn't want people constantly mispronouncing my name.
        I like Harmony okay. Dislike Reign.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    I love Kaiya (I have a cousin who spells it Kaija) but I think it needs a simpler middle name to balance the uniqueness.  I liked the suggestion of Kaiya Rose.  But names are a funny thing, you have to go with what you like :). Good luck!

• Options

imageSGreen0985:
    Sorry I don't like either of these combos. :-( I wouldn't be sure of the pronounciation of Kaiya. I assume its pronounced Kay-Ya? Or is it more like Ki-Ya?
     I generally only like names that are obvious in pronounciation, as I wouldn't want people constantly mispronouncing my name.
        I like Harmony okay. Dislike Reign.

Yes i dont like either name. sorry.. and as a person with a relatively easy name to read and yet it has been mipronounced all my life, its quite annoying!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Of the two I would choose Kaiya Harmony. Harmony appeals to my inner hippie :) 
  • Options

OMG!

The name Kaiya is NOT Japanese, and anything you read on babynames.com is wrong, mainly b/c the vast majority of the names on there are user submitted.

Kaiya is a varient of Kaia or Kaja, which is an Eastern European name meaning "Pure" and can also be used as a petname for Karolina or Katerina.

KYA is the Japanese spelling of this name and would be pronounced K-yuh, similiar to the Japanese unisex name Kyo, which can translate to "Apricot", depending on the kanji used when written. 

https://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/meaning_of_Kaiya.html

TTCAL PitaPata Cat tickers PitaPata Cat tickers
  • Options
    I'm only commenting on this because I'm a teacher and therefore I see/hear alllllll kinds of names with alllllll kinds of spellings. I can see that it is often frustrating for the kids when they have to spell out or help pronounce their name. I'm sure it gets embarrassing year after year, each time they have a new teacher. So my only suggestion would be to really think about the spelling and pronunciation of the first name in order to avoid this struggle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"