March 2012 Moms

"I bet you're having a Christmas baby!"

No, random guy at the grocery store.  I am due mid March.  But, thanks for being the three-millionth person to comment on my size!

Or lady in the gas station yesterday who felt it necessary to tell me that I am going to have a 10 pound baby because, "look at you!"  

Or guy in Steak and Shake today who comes up to my table and tells me it looks like I'm carrying twins.

I get it!  I my belly is on the bigger side.  I am measuring 4 weeks ahead, and I have been this whole pregnancy.

Geesh, folks.  Just because you think it, doesn't mean you have to say it. 

Re: "I bet you're having a Christmas baby!"

• I had that happen the first time I was pregnant. So annoying and depressing! I'm sorry that is happening to you! Stupid people!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I have been getting that a lot lately.  Until I tell them I have 10 more weeks and its twins.  Then suddenly I'm so small....  Confused

People are stupid.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • People are such azzholes. Think before you speak people!!! ROAR! I'm sure you look amazing, eff dem!

PS: GO BLUE! I love your video in your siggy; we're are big Michigan family.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My husbands loud mouth aunt hasn't seen me since pre-pregnancy and she had the nerve to make these obnoxious comments, 1)"OMG You're huge, what are you having, TWINS?!" 2) her-"Did you take the test for gestational diabetes" me-"yes, I passed" her-"YOU PASSED?!?" 3)Stop eating! 4)Eat Vegetables!

Now let me tell you all of this was LITERALLY within 2 minutes, maybe less.  I haven't gained a lot of weight this pregnancy, I have just really popped and am carrying on the larger side.  I wanted to rip her lips off and kiss my ass with them!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Weird, I never get any comments from strangers.
  • I'm just going to start telling strangers that I'm due in a few weeks, that way they'll be like, "oh, you look great!" vs what they say now which is, "oh, poor thang, you've got a while to go..." thanks, like I didn't realize that!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm feeling pretty b!tchy today, so here goes my little rant.

I HATE weight comments... there was this one (17 week pregnant) woman from my work that asked me how much I've gained (who asks that?!), I didn't want to tell her exact numbers but said that I was unsure - somewhere over 20. And her reply was "oooo.... you know you're only supposed to gain 20-25 for the whole pregnancy right?" REALLY? People, come on. And that's not even true, my doc said 25-35 - STOP TRYING TO BE MY DOCTOR. And to top it off she said, "well in a way I envy you, I've only gained one pound and can't seem to gain any more." Aww... poor you, thanks for making me feel awful.

We live in a world where PEOPLE SUCK... I've gotten the "You must be having a 10 pound baby", I've gotten the "you must be having twins", people at work commenting on my Waddle. I just wish these people would leave us in peace and let us enjoy this pregnancy without criticism. Blah. Rant over.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageshineineaiken:
    I'm just going to start telling strangers that I'm due in a few weeks, that way they'll be like, "oh, you look great!" vs what they say now which is, "oh, poor thang, you've got a while to go..." thanks, like I didn't realize that!!!

Genius idea.

Pregnancy Ticker

• I get the opposite because I am not that big. People think they are being nice by saying how they can't even tell I'm pregnant, but it makes me feel like I'm malnourishing the child or something. Or worse, that I always looked this fat. I've gained almost 20 pounds so the fact that people can't tell boggles my mind.

I was telling my doctor and she laughed. She said one day she is going to write a book about all the stupid sh!t people say to pregnant women. I'd just shrug off the comments - esp if they are from men. Men have no clue about what a woman should look like at each stage of pregnancy.

"Go Phils"
    Norah Elizabeth - 3.19.12
  • People are idiots. After one too many beers, My mother informed me that I am "as big as a house." I'm sure you look fantastic.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageGiambs9807:

My husbands loud mouth aunt hasn't seen me since pre-pregnancy and she had the nerve to make these obnoxious comments, 1)"OMG You're huge, what are you having, TWINS?!" 2) her-"Did you take the test for gestational diabetes" me-"yes, I passed" her-"YOU PASSED?!?" 3)Stop eating! 4)Eat Vegetables!

Now let me tell you all of this was LITERALLY within 2 minutes, maybe less.  I haven't gained a lot of weight this pregnancy, I have just really popped and am carrying on the larger side.  I wanted to rip her lips off and kiss my ass with them!

Someone needs a good punch in the vagina....and maybe a kick for good measure.  What an asshat. 

Keegan Patrick - Bilateral Clubfeet found at Anatomy Scan. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker www.facebook.com/portraitave

• I got my first comments from strangers today- not one but two!  I wear scrubs at work so its hard to tell....but two patients asked when I was due!  Kinda fun that I don't just look fat anymore!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just today a comment from a male coworker:  "What are you having?" "A boy." "Two or one?"

Uhhh.......

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"