Success after IF
Options

Thanks ladies. Brief update on today's u/s

Three babies. Three heartbeats. One was smaller (slightly) and because of position my nurse couldn't measure a heartbeat so they aren't sure about that one but the other two are on track and growing appropriately. RE was out today recuperating from his own surgery and called me this afternoon to "graduate" me. He'd like me to see an MFM ASAP. So. That's it. I had a real breakdown on the parking lot, called DH, ate lunch and just started getting ready for Disney.  I'm going to spend the next week trying to enjoy Christmas and my daughter's first trip to Disney and then get back to worrying next week ;) 

I don't mean to be an as$ about this. I'm more excited today than last week but well, this was so not our plan. I officially take back everything I've ever said about PCOS ladies not necessarily needing to worry on injectibles. I think triplets will end up costing us more than OOP IVF.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Thanks ladies. Brief update on today's u/s

• Options
    A million hugs to you - you will figure this out!!  Also - you have a PM from me (in a minute.)
    Wheee!

"When it comes to sleeping, whatever your baby does is normal. If one thing has damaged parents enjoyment of their babies, it's rigid expectations about how and when the baby should sleep." ~ James McKenna, Ph.D., Mother Baby Behavioral Sleep Center, University of Notre Dame

• Options

(((HUGS))) Sweetie, and you are not being an a$$ at all, everything you're feeling is so normal and ok. I'm here if you need anything.

Most importantly - Congrats on growing babes and have a wonderful time at Disney!!!

*** It's funny because I'm fat ***
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am glad things went well today and think your plan on worrying after your vacation is a good one. For now you are pg and that is a wonderful thing. ((((HUGS))))

• Options
    I don't think you're being an a$$ at all -- I can imagine the shock you must be feeling.  So many emotions at once.  I'm glad everything looks good.  Have a GREAT time at Disney!
    My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
  • Options

Oh honey...I know this wasn't your plan, but you will make it work...somehow, someway.

We're here to listen and commiserate...and congratulate you when you get ready for that...and you will!

We love you and we hope, you have a wonderful trip to Disney with your sweet girl!!

• Options

not that being "normal" matters in this case, but I think your reaction is "normal."

Give things time to soak in, see where everything goes, and just know you're not alone in this. Congrats regardless! I keep thinking about Reem's "mantra" about how they never promised it'd be easy, just that it'd be worth it.  ;-)

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • Options
    I can imagine how stressful this must be.  I don't think you are being an a$$.  Infertility has put all of us in this really crappy predicament where we have all had to weigh risk versus benefit and, well....sometimes the results aren't really what we were hoping for.  I will keep you in my prayers for best possible outcome for your family.
  • Options
    (((Hugs)))  Enjoy your trip to Disney.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    (((hugs))) enjoy your trip with LO!
  • Options

Oh, Gypsy!  I'm so glad the babies look good.  

I don't think triplets could be met with any different response!  I now you are thankful for them and you are not an a$$.  At all.

I am praying for you and your family during this time!

And hey - CONGRATULATIONS on graduating!! : ) 

DX: PCOS * Success with IVF

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    (((hugs))) You're not being an ass. I would be crapping my pants if I were in your shoes. Enjoy your time at Disney!!
    TTC for 19 months. Dx: PCOS. 3 IUI's with Clomid= BFN 1st IUI with injectables= BFP imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I think it is totally normal to feel so overwhelmed!

Enjoy your vacation!

• Options
    You are not being an a$$, you just need to time to take it all in. Just try to relax and enjoy disney with Andrea!
  • Options
    (((HUGS))) I can't think of a more normal reaction than that. Congrats on seeing those beautiful heartbeats.
  • Options

HUGE ((hugs)) mama!!!

Hope you have an amazing, fabulous time in Disney with your beautiful little girl. 

Deep breaths :)

• Options
    Hugs momma!  I hope you have a great vacation.
    TTC #2 with PCOS since September 2009
    BFP, Femara 7.5mg, Ovidrel, IUI. Beta #1 17dpIUI -495 Beta #2 19dpIUI-1031
    Lovebugs2012
    My Blog
  • Options
    please don't worry about us thinking that you're being an a$$. you must be experiencing such a stressful mix of emotions right now and nobody here will judge you for a second. sending tons of hugs. 
  • Options
    You are most certainly not an ass! Everything will work itself out somehow. Have fun at Disney!
    TTC since 8/07 DX - Severe MFI/azoospermia & MTHFR/ TESEs found sperm - 7/08 & 6/09/ 12/08 - IVF#1 - BFN/ 6/09 - IVF #2 - cancelled due to OHSS risk (had retrieval)/ 7/09 - FET #1 - BFN/ 9/09 - FET #2 - BFN/ 11/09 - IVF #3 with new RE cancelled twice - 10/09 & 11/09/ 1/10 - IVF #3 take 3 - BFN/ 4/10 - IVF #4 - first ever BFP on 5/13/10!!! 108 @ 10dp3dt/ 2nd beta 311!/ sono on 5/28/10 said TWINS!!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yay!  I know you are freaking out, I would be as well.  Enjoy Disney! I can't wait to hear about it and see pictures.  Take care of yourself mama!  (((hugs))). To the six of you.  
    Years of trying and treatment, IVF#1 brought us our darling C!
  • Options
    I think your emotions are totally normal.  Glad the babies looked good and enjoy Disney!
  • Options
    Congrats on your babies! Trust me, I'd feel the same way too. Just take it one day at a time, breathe and realize that you will be able to handle this.
    TTC#1=Feb 2009: 50 mg Clomid+Ovidrel shot+Metformin+Dexamethasone+TI=BFP!

TTC#2=July 2011: Surprise BFP: Chemical Pregnancy
  • Options
    imagedana316:

Oh honey...I know this wasn't your plan, but you will make it work...somehow, someway.

We're here to listen and commiserate...and congratulate you when you get ready for that...and you will!

We love you and we hope, you have a wonderful trip to Disney with your sweet girl!!

This, exactly! (((hugs))) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since Dec '04 Severe MFI-diagnosed 12/06 3 failed Fresh IVFs FET #1 - BFP!! 2 blasts tx on day 6. Beta #1 8dp6dt = 56, Beta #2 = 600, Beta #3 = 5600 My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Glad the babies are doing well and I think your emotions at this point are normal. Tons of good vibes coming your way!!
  • Options

I don't think you are being an a$$ at all - I think the feelings you have a realistic and normal.  Triplets are a blessing but with that comes a lot of concerns - financial being one of them.  

Take it one day at a time and enjoy your trip! 

• Options

I cant imagine how big of a shock this is but you can do it.  I'm sure the other triplet moms will tell you that they too were scared so you are not alone. 

Thinking of you and those babies!

-----Lisa-----
  • Options
    I think what you're feeling is normal.  Your plan sounds like a good one.  Enjoy your trip to Disney -- it's going to be so much fun seeing the excitement in your LO.  (((hugs))) to you and prayers to you.
  • Options
    You are NOT being an a$$!  Pretty sure every single person here would feel the same crazy mix of emotions that you are!  I hope that you are truly able to put aside your worries as much as possible and enjoy your trip to disney!!  I hope its just what the doctor ordered ;)  ((((HUGS))))
  • Options
    ((HUGS))  Just take things one day at a time.  Thinking of you.
    PCOS, lupus anticoagulant, MTHFR (A1298C, one copy) 2 IUIs & 1 IVF = BFN FET#1 = It's a girl! Born 7.1.10 FET#2 = c/p FET#3 = Twin girls! Born on 3.16.12 at 33w2d due to severe pre-E. After 4 weeks in the NICU they are home! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    OMG, I don't know what to say...on the one hand, I want to say congrats to you, but on the other hand I want to say I'm sorry that you now have this huge life-changing situation on your hands now. I'm sure you will eventually come to grips with it & you will find a way to make it work. Sending lots of major ((hugs)) your way - hope you enjoy Disney & Christmas. :)
  • Options
    I can't imagine the rollercoaster of emotions you must be feeling.  You will be fine!  Enjoy your holidays and your trip.  I hope you can get some time to relax a little.
  • Options

((hugs)) I know this must be completely overwhelming, but try to take it one step at a time. You will figure this out and you have lots of time to do so. We are all here for you to talk out whatever you need to through the process.

Enjoy your holidays! more ((hugs)))

• Options
    Holy crap, I missed this!  Big news!  I can understand your feelings, but I hope you'll come to be happy about it, in time.  Hugs.
    Childhood cancer (DH) + chemo + radiation = 0 sperm.
    LO #1 - 1 unmedicated/self-monitored IUI w/ donor sperm.
    LO #2 - 1 m/c, 2 BFNs, 4th IUI worked (unmedicated/self-monitored with new donor sperm).
    Life is beautiful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Holy moly!!  How did I miss your original post.  Wow!  Congratulations to you.  I think all the emotions you are feeling are 100% normal and expected.  Time will help ease some of that. 

Enjoy your holidays at Disney!!  

• Options
    (((HUGS)))  You are not being an as$ at all.  This is exactly how I would react - and I'm sure others would do the same.  It knocks the wind out of you a bit.  You need time to wrap your mind around everything.  Hang in there.  Deep breaths.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

it's normal to be freaked the out when you are pg with multiples- don't worry!

my cousin just had triplets when TTC #2... her older son was 5.... they make it work- we all do.

come on over to the multiples board - there are lots of trip moms that can help you out with everything!

congrats- and have a great disney trip!

I used to be Goldie_locks_5 but the new nest is so screwed up that I was forced to start over.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Hugs...I know the feeling. I would have been quite content with 1 baby this pregnancy and multiples in a few years (thy run in my family plus IF). I remember being very scared and felt terribly guilty, I didn't know if I should hope for the third to not make it or not, then felt terrible about that. Enjoy your Christmas and Disney....what will be will be. Feel free to pm or email me.
    Wife. MoM {1G + BBG triplets}. DIY'er. Quilter. 

• Options
    Sending lots of huge and calming vibes your way.
  • Options
    what everyone else said - ((hugs)), deep breaths, you will figure this out, please ask other triplet moms for advice!
  • Options

Congrats!  enjoy your vacation and take it easy.

I love pics on FB of your little girl - she is sooo adorable.  have fun in disney!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"