Success after IF

i got mugged on the way to the doctor's

i seriously can't believe the day i had. i'm sorry, i'm going to be lazy and cut and paste from an e-mail, i need to go crash but i wanted to update you ladies. here's what happened:

I left work today because I was in severe pain and had a high fever and I knew I probably had a bad case of mastitis, so I left to get to the doctor's as fast as possible to see if I needed to be hospitalized for intraveneous antibiotics. I had to park a few blocks from the doctor's and I was in so much pain walking that I tried to call my mom to talk me through it. Then I passed two men who saw my cell phone and mugged me. They took my phone and keys and wallet, but fortunately not my laptop that has my research on it, and I wasn't hurt at all. 

Anyway, the doctor thinks that I have an aggressive antibiotic-resistant mastitis and is trying oral antibiotics overnight; if things are still worsening in the morning I'll be admitted to the hospital for intraveneous antibiotics. 

Anyway, bottom line: I'm safe, everybody's safe, locks have been changed on our apartment, things are fine.  I'll be a lot happier once I get this infection (probably MRSA) cleared, but we're treating it so early hopefully we can get it under control without lasting harm to the duct. Until then . . . yay for Codeine.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: i got mugged on the way to the doctor's

• What a crappy day for you!  Hope your night is better and that you can get some rest!  Hugs.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • oh wow, that is awful and so scary!  I'm glad that you are safe but I hope your infection clears up quickly without needing hospitalization.  

Take it easy! 

• Loading the player...
  • What a craptastic day!  Hugs... now drink up the codeine and get a good night sleep.
    Me: PCOs DH: Perfect!
    4 Fresh IVF cycles + 1 FET where embies didn't survive the thaw = 2 perfect little men!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    sFET 11/9/11 - Beta 11/18 BFP!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • RUFKM?  Oh my GOD what a day!  I am so sorry!  ugh, I hope you are better soon and I hope the azzholes who mugged you catch crabs.

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
  • Good grief!  This may go down as the craptastic-y-est day of all time.

That just sucks.  I destest a thief. 

(((Hugs)))

• Mean people suck.
    IVF #3 10/09 BFP! 12dp3dt Beta #1 = 319 14dp3dt Beta #2 = 565 21dp3dt Beta #3 = 10,475! u/s showed twins!! IVF 12/12 BFP! image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • OMG!  I am so glad you're ok!  How scary -- that is one awful day!  I hope the antibiotics work and you don't end up in the hospital!
    My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
  • Seriously?  This is too much for one person to deal with...much less all in one day.  I am so sorry and I hope you feel better soon!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • What an awful day! Hope you feel better soon and get everything from the robbery straightened out.
  • Oh man! When it rains it poors! I hope you feel better soon and that they catch the guys that mugged you!
    Henry and Papa at the farm
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm sure that was scary. So glad you're safe.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

For DD - IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP / For DS - dIUI #1 - BFP Dx:severe MFI-Y Chromosome Microdeletion Isabel born 10-15-08! / Baby Boy EDD July 2013 imageLily  pie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I can't believe that!  I am so sorry sweetie and hoping that you are already sleeping off this terrible day.  So glad you weren't hurt and hope you feel better tomorrow.
    Dx with PCOS and IR June 2009
    After two losses, third time was a charm.
    pm me for blog link
  • Wow that is one awful day!! So glad you are safe and I hope you feel better soon! Mastitis is terrible and I just had the run of the mill kind.
  • How scary.  I am so sorry that happened to you.

I got mastitis 8 months pp and I got rid of it but now I am having all of these issues related to the old infection.  I have to get a biopsy and everything because the infection left all of this debris in my duct.  I actually have to go tomorrow.  So ridiculous.  

Awful.  Feel better.  Hope they get to the bottom of the mastitis and I am glad your safe. 

DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • OMG!!  I'm glad you're ok...I hope the antibiotics start working overnight too.  Feel better!
  • Holy moly! That is awful! I'm glad you are ok and hope the antibiotics kick on quick as well. What a day!
  • glad you are ok and safe....hope you get some rest and are feeling better soon.

Dx: PCOS, Anovulation, RPL
    Born via emergency c/s February 9, 2008 - 9lbs, 3 oz!!!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

TTC# 2 since February 2010 - BFP #1 Sept 2010-(5mg Femara, 1500mg Met, Ovridel) Missed M/C at 10w2d, discovered at 13w2d, D&C at 14w

BFP # 2 - February 2011-(1500mg Met, HCG Injection) Missed M/C at 10w1d, discovered at 10w3d, D&C at 11w...RPL testing came back all normal.

Trying again. June 2011 - Clomid/1500 mg Met / Baby Aspirin - BFFN!

July 2011 Femara/1500mg Met/ Baby Aspirin - c/p

August 2011 - Femara/1500mg Met/ Baby Aspirin - c/p

September 2011 - Puregon/ 1500mg Met/ Baby Aspirin - BFFN!!!!

• Oh my god you poor thing!! I'm just so sorry! I wish I could hug you and bring you soup and brownies. :(
  • OMG, that is so freakin' scary!  I'm so glad you're OK!
    Lisa
    Not a newbie, but, had to create a new account - formerly LBR_NJ

My Blog - "Helping Make Sense"
  • OMG I am so sorry that you were mugged.  Bad enough to be dealing with the infection but to be kicked while feeling down - just awful.

I hope the infection is cleared up soon! 

• imagechaucer:

oh wow, that is awful and so scary!  I'm glad that you are safe but I hope your infection clears up quickly without needing hospitalization.  

Take it easy! 

Took the words right out of my mouth.   

• How scary!  Glad you are safe.
  • Oh no! I'm sorry you've had such a horrible day. Luckily tomorrow is a new day.
    TTC#1=Feb 2009: 50 mg Clomid+Ovidrel shot+Metformin+Dexamethasone+TI=BFP!

TTC#2=July 2011: Surprise BFP: Chemical Pregnancy
  • Jeez lady you had one craptacular day! I hope you feel better quickly and I'm so glad you're safe! Get well soon
  • Wow.  So glad you are safe.  Hope you are feeling better soon-- um, are you still bf'ing?  How does that work with MRSA?
  • How scary!!! I'm glad you weren't hurt from the mugging, but it sucks that someone would do that to you. I hope that the antibiotics quickly kick in, and that you feel better soon.
    TTC for 19 months. Dx: PCOS. 3 IUI's with Clomid= BFN 1st IUI with injectables= BFP imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Im so sorry! How scary. I am so glad that you are ok and I hope that you get rid of the mastitis quickly!
  • That is horrible! I am so sorry. I'm glad you're OK and I hope the meds do the trick.
  • imagedesabean:
    Wow.  So glad you are safe.  Hope you are feeling better soon-- um, are you still bf'ing?  How does that work with MRSA?

still BFing--i talked to the pedi and they said it's fine for my son to drink MRSA. isn't that weird? but i guess that the stomach acid just kills everything. 

• OMG!  That is awful! I am so sorry!! I hope the antibiotics kick in ASAP!!!
    DX: PCOS * Success with IVF

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Dear heavens. I'm glad you are safe, but what a fricken ordeal.

I hope the meds work and you can avoid a hospital stay. Thinking of you!
  • WTF?

get well soon, lady!

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • OMG I am so sorry! I am so glad you are okay. Did you call the police?
    TTC since 8/07 DX - Severe MFI/azoospermia & MTHFR/ TESEs found sperm - 7/08 & 6/09/ 12/08 - IVF#1 - BFN/ 6/09 - IVF #2 - cancelled due to OHSS risk (had retrieval)/ 7/09 - FET #1 - BFN/ 9/09 - FET #2 - BFN/ 11/09 - IVF #3 with new RE cancelled twice - 10/09 & 11/09/ 1/10 - IVF #3 take 3 - BFN/ 4/10 - IVF #4 - first ever BFP on 5/13/10!!! 108 @ 10dp3dt/ 2nd beta 311!/ sono on 5/28/10 said TWINS!!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagenewsbaby:
    OMG I am so sorry! I am so glad you are okay. Did you call the police?

yes, we dealt with the university police all day today and we'll file a report with the city police tomorrow. there are a ton of police patrolling our street right now. what is scary (and the cops said this is unusual) is that the mugger repeatedly asked for my house keys--and he knows where we live because our address is on my driver's license. so even though we changed the locks, we are terrified. 

• Mastitis AND mugged?!  That is HORRIBLE!  I am so sorry that happened to you. Sad
    Wheee!

"When it comes to sleeping, whatever your baby does is normal. If one thing has damaged parents enjoyment of their babies, it's rigid expectations about how and when the baby should sleep." ~ James McKenna, Ph.D., Mother Baby Behavioral Sleep Center, University of Notre Dame

• I am SO sorry!!! I'm glad you weren't hurt.
  • imageepphd:
    RUFKM?  Oh my GOD what a day!  I am so sorry!  ugh, I hope you are better soon and I hope the azzholes who mugged you catch crabs.

This made me LOL so I a. Going to say ditto & throw in some extra hugs & get well wishes! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since Dec '04 Severe MFI-diagnosed 12/06 3 failed Fresh IVFs FET #1 - BFP!! 2 blasts tx on day 6. Beta #1 8dp6dt = 56, Beta #2 = 600, Beta #3 = 5600 My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageepphd:
    RUFKM?  Oh my GOD what a day!  I am so sorry!  ugh, I hope you are better soon and I hope the azzholes who mugged you catch crabs.

This made me LOL so I a. Going to say ditto & throw in some extra hugs & get well wishes! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since Dec '04 Severe MFI-diagnosed 12/06 3 failed Fresh IVFs FET #1 - BFP!! 2 blasts tx on day 6. Beta #1 8dp6dt = 56, Beta #2 = 600, Beta #3 = 5600 My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageepphd:

• I am so glad you are okay.  We had our apartment and car broken into.  I felt very violated.  I hope you are dealing with everything okay and feel better soon!

What a terrible day!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"