2nd Trimester

Baby name dilema

My husband and I finally agreed on two baby names -- one for boy and one for girl -- and then this weekend we found out our neighbors that we are starting to get closer with named their new baby one of the names we chose. Does that mean we have to change? Do you think it will offend them if we don't?

Re: Baby name dilema

• Use the name you want for your baby and don't worry about it. At some point in time, your kid will meet someone with the same name somewhere. Go with your heart for what you want to name your baby.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMelissaMiso:
    Use the name you want for your baby and don't worry about it. At some point in time, your kid will meet someone with the same name somewhere. Go with your heart for what you want to name your baby.

this sounds all good to me..but i would probably find a new name.

Audrey is going to be a big sister!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMelissaMiso:
    Use the name you want for your baby and don't worry about it. At some point in time, your kid will meet someone with the same name somewhere. Go with your heart for what you want to name your baby.

Ditto.... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would still use it. We aren't telling people our names, but they have been picked out for awhile. If it's a boy he will have the same name as a friends baby. Just happened neither of us were giving out names beforehand.
  • imagevenussapphire:

imageMelissaMiso:

this sounds all good to me..but i would probably find a new name.

this...

Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Name your kid what you want. If you have a problem with your child having the same name as your neighbor's child then you should change it.  If not, I don't see an issue!

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• You aren't even related, name your child whatever you want.
  • I think it depends on the name... what is the name?
    Married in 2008 - DD born in 2010 - EDD 6.15.2012!
  • I would not use the name myself. I have always lived the name Natalie for a girl and had planned to use it when we had another child. Well, my neighbor had a girl first and named her Natalie. She didn't know I liked it but now that we found out that it's a girl, I wouldn't dream of using that name. Just my opinion. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • If your heart's set on the name, use it. If I were them, I wouldn't be offended at all. I'm not one who believes you can actually steal names, anyway. Unless a parent chooses something so completely outlandish or otherwise unheard of, everyone's child will come across another individual who shares the same name as them.
  • The only issue I would see is when you're calling you kid in for dinner and you yell their name at the frontdoor.  Who will show up? Wink

Do people still do that, or did I just date myself??

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think I would find a new name. That doesn't mean you have to, but I wouldn't want my kid to have the same name as the neighbor kid (especially tha close in age). But if you're set on it, I don't think it's WRONG to still use it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I totally get where you are coming from, but if I really loved a name, I wouldn't worry so much about the neighbor's kid. They could move away in a year . . . .
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageKristinKWashington:

The only issue I would see is when you're calling you kid in for dinner and you yell their name at the frontdoor.  Who will show up? Wink

Do people still do that, or did I just date myself??

Yes

IMO...go ahead and name your child whatever you want.

This happened to my cousin and I 2 years ago. I was due in March, she was Due in May. We had both picked out the name Gavin for a Boy. Neither of us knew what we were having. She said to me "your having your baby first. If it's a boy and you like Gavin, then name him Gavin. My husband and I will just pick a different name." Well, I had a girl. They had the boy, and they got Gavin. It is what it is....but I thought it was very classy of her to say that to me.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"