Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Cord falling off: is this normal?

We did the alcohol on the q-tip thing as our doctor told us to do... and within a two weeks the cord fell off.  The 1" of cord extending from our daughter's belly button fell off but not to part inside her belly button... so it's like there is this cord plug in her belly button. 

Is that normal?

When will that come out?

Jessie Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Cord falling off: is this normal?

• Options
    It's not supposed to come out. Just leave it alone and the belly button will close up.
  • Options
    Thanks!  I know it probably sounds silly but I was expecting it to look like a belly button when the cord fell off so I was surprised when there was still this "plug" left over. Thanks again!
    Jessie Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That happened to us, too. The inner part (like a huge scab) fell off a week or so later.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

The inner scab fell off 2 days later for us.  But it definately should come out, it's just a scab. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Yep, ours came out like the next day mostly and a little more over time...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageCarrie3102:

The inner scab fell off 2 days later for us.  But it definately should come out, it's just a scab. 

I don't think she was talking about a scab, but the moist looking plug of tissue left over inside once the scab falls off. I thought it looked weird too like it needed to come out, but it didn't. Within a day, her belly button sealed up. 

• Options
    DD's did this too. The pedi said it should come out within a few days- it didn't so I called and they said it can take up to a month for it to come out and as long as it isn't showing signs of infection not to worry and just to make sure to keep it dry during baths.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"