Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Whats the most you can pump?

My son is 13 wks old and right now he's taking 4-5oz of milk with each feeding.  Im able to pump between 4-6 oz depending on the time of day so im able to get two feedings per pump....will my supply keep increasing or will I have to start combining pumped bottles to match one feeding?

Re: Whats the most you can pump?

• i'm jealous. i get 1-2.5 MAX.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • At my best pump of the day, I get a combined 4.5oz
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm a milk factory - 12 oz 3 times a day. Moo!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • i pump once a day in the morning and i get 7-8oz in under 10 minutes but this is my 2nd LO, i only ever pumped 2oz at a time with DD.
    photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • I get 4-5 ounces in 10 minutes with my manual pump. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

February 2011- M/C
    March 2011- BFP resulting in... 12/2011 bouncing baby boy! 
    October 2013- BFP- M/C
  • varies for me, but my best pump of the day which is first thing in the morning I get 6 ozs on one side and 3 on the other.

• I pump about the same but you can take fenugreek supplements to produce more or drink mothers milk tea. You're milk supply will increase on babys demand if your LO wants to nurse more often usually around their growth spirts this will increase youre milk supply.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My LO only nurses once overnight and usually only one side, so I pump the other side when I wake up in the morning for about 10 minutes and get 4-5 ozs, I stop before I am empty, so I would have to guess I could probably get around 6ish?  If I was to pump both sides in the am I get about 8-9 oz in about 10 minutes.  If I pump both sides later in the day, a couple hours after a feeding, I get about 5 oz combined. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • 6oz per side so 12oz total if I do it in the morning. 4.5-5.0 ounces any other time. I never pump both though as I am trying to tone down my oversupply. I use a Medela hand pump.
    imageimageimage
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Breastfeeding and pregnant!
  • I get about 8 oz each side with a manual pump. It doesn't matter what time of day - I'm pretty much always over-full, even right after she eats. 

I'm trying hard not to pump so that my supply will regulate, but it's SO painful if I don't! She's only 9 days old, and I have about 90oz in the freezer 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • OMGosh! I wish i could pump like that...I work all day and it's hard to pump! If i could only pump once here, that would be nice...did you take anything to make that much? Or are you just blessed...? lol
  • Not sure. I can get 10-12 oz in the AM in one session, but I have a bit of an over supply. He only eats 2-5 oz at a time at this point.
  • I pump exclusively and do so 4 times a day and get 8-10 oz each time. More than my baby needs so I am able to put milk in the freezer every day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"