Trying to Get Pregnant

Start testing?

How many DPO is reasonable to start taking pregnancy test once you know that you ovulated? I got a positive ovulation test on Monday (12/12). And I am on CD 19.

Re: Start testing?

• 12 DPO.

ETA: Just because you got a +OPK does not mean you've ovulated. You need to temp to confirm.

Mrs. 5/03*DD 2/07*DS1 5/09*DS2 7/12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • How do you know when you ovulated? Do you temp? Sometimes you can get ready to O, by getting a positive OPK, but actually dont.  Also if you did O on 12/12, you would be 3DPO.  Implantation doesnt occur until 7-10DPO and then it takes a couple days for hormones to build up enough to turn a HPT positive.  Some people dont test until they are actually past their LP.  I like to pee on things, so I start at 10DPO.  HTH!. 
    CafeMom Tickers
     Anniversary
    TTC since July 2011
    BFP #1: 2/15/12-Ectopic/Mtx at 6 wks

BFP #2: 10/12/12-m/c at 5 wks. 
    BFP #3: 8/27/13
    Me: MTHFR, Low AMH (1.1), High NK cells and Antiphospholipid Antibodies.
    DH:MFI-Low morph (1%), DNA fragmentation: Excellent!
    5 rounds of clomid, 3 IUIs, and multiple non-medicated cycles- BFFN                                                      
    IVF with ICSI in August 2013 brought us our babies.  ER-9R, 7M, 4F w/ICSI  ET of 2-Grade 2 blasts. 
    + HPT at 6dp5dt. #1 (8dp5dt)- 105    #2 (13dp5dt)- 510  #3 (15dp5dt)- 960  #4 (17dp5dt)- 1889
    Dx shortened cervix, PTL, and preeclampsia during pregnancy.  Lots of medications and 13 weeks of bedrest, babies were born healthy at 34w4d!

imagehttp://oi44.tinypic.com/10dwifm.jpg
  • .. Your comments aren't necessary. Thanks, though.

I would respond but it is pretty much this.

Fuuck TTC - I'm moving on.
    imageimageimageimage
    "It's a child, not a cheeto" Thanks mmariluh!
    "Ew. I've read all of two posts from you, and you stink like rotting garbage."
  • imageGhostMonkey:

When did your doctor tell you that you were about to O since you aren't doing a trigger shot?

Oh that's right, you aren't being monitored.

I obviously missed something... 

CafeMom Tickers
     Anniversary
    TTC since July 2011

IVF with ICSI in August 2013 brought us our babies.  ER-9R, 7M, 4F w/ICSI  ET of 2-Grade 2 blasts. 
    + HPT at 6dp5dt. #1 (8dp5dt)- 105    #2 (13dp5dt)- 510  #3 (15dp5dt)- 960  #4 (17dp5dt)- 1889
    Dx shortened cervix, PTL, and preeclampsia during pregnancy.  Lots of medications and 13 weeks of bedrest, babies were born healthy at 34w4d!

• imagemonichole09:
    .. Your comments aren't necessary. Thanks, though.

That is where you are wrong.

They are very necessary but you are too stubborn and god damned stupid to realize it. 

imageimageimageimage
  • Seriously? If you are going to act stupid and talk like that, then just do everyone a favor and don't even say anything. 
  • imageGhostMonkey:

When did your doctor tell you that you were about to O since you aren't doing a trigger shot?

Let me guess...unmonitored Clomid? And with an obgyn?  

Little Slick
    Born 6.26.10
    Forever a Family 11.26.12
  • imageMrs.Slick:
    imageGhostMonkey:

Yep, I just went back and read the "gems". 

CafeMom Tickers
     Anniversary
    TTC since July 2011

• imageMrs.Slick:
    imageGhostMonkey:

Pretty much.

And is completely clueless as to what she is doing. Has had numerous questions about every single basic thing involving her cycle and the clomid.

Is very young, irregular cycles/bleeding, and instead of finding out why has opted to blindly follow a dr. into meds.

But don't worry- a friend of hers got pregnant on clomid so all is right with the world. 

imageimageimageimage
  • imageMandyBrownNoser:
    imageMrs.Slick:
    imageGhostMonkey:

Pretty much.

And is completely clueless as to what she is doing. Has had numerous questions about every single basic thing involving her cycle and the clomid.

Is very young, irregular cycles/bleeding, and instead of finding out why has opted to blindly follow a dr. into meds.

But don't worry- a friend of hers got pregnant on clomid so all is right with the world. 

Awesome. Hope you don't get a huge cyst like I did! had I not been monitored it likely would have ruptured and I could have lost an ovary and/or tube...or you know, my life. No biggie.

OP, if you're interested in some info about monitoring (even though I'm sure it's already been explained to you or offered to be explained) here you go:

https://mrs-slick.blogspot.com/p/infertility-basics.html 

Little Slick
    Born 6.26.10
  • Thank you all for all the smart alec remarks. It really helped.
  • And BTW; I'm pretty sure none of you went into this completely sure on what you were doing. 
  • imagemonichole09:
    Thank you all for all the smart alec remarks. It really helped.
    At this point why would we even bother giving actual advice?

You. Do. Not. Listen. 

imageimageimageimage
  • Then STOP REPLYING TO ANY OF MY POSTS AT ALL. Simple stuff. 
  • imagemonichole09:
    And BTW; I'm pretty sure none of you went into this completely sure on what you were doing. 

Incorrect.

By the time I had reached the clomid stage, I had learned everything I could about what was going on. I had been charting for years so I knew my body and had a general idea as to what to expect each cycle.

You don't know shiit and when we try to give you advice you ignore it, preferring to live in your fantasy world. 

imageimageimageimage
  • imagemonichole09:
    Thank you all for all the smart alec remarks. It really helped.

My smart alec remark was coupled with good advice. It can help if you choose to do the research. I really hope things work out for you and going unmonitored doesn't bite you in the butt (I really do mean that in the sincerest way possible). 

Edited b/c I'm a typing fail. 

Little Slick
    Born 6.26.10
  • Whatever. Just because I'm asking questions doesn't mean I don't know what I'm doing. You don't know the entirety of my situation. I got on here to ask questions about things that I'm going through, not to get bashed for not knowing everything just yet. 
  • OP - I've read a handful of your last posts. 

1. These ladies are giving you very good advice. 

2. You need a new doctor. You  also need to be a better advocate for YOURSELF and your future LO.  What's going to happen if LO has any sort of issue? Are you going to immediately take the advice of your pediatrician? There are going to be times when you need to do research and figure out what's best for your family and your LO. Not just blindly follow "doctors orders" 

3. To be a mother you need to STOP BEING SELFISH NOW.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • What you fail to realize is that you are asking the most basic of questions. 

Things that you should have known or at least asked your dr. about BEFORE taking the meds.

We aren't talking advanced reproduction science here.  Just the basics. 

imageimageimageimage
  • I'm done with all of this. 
  • imageGhostMonkey:

imagemonichole09:
    Whatever. Just because I'm asking questions doesn't mean I don't know what I'm doing. You don't know the entirety of my situation. I got on here to ask questions about things that I'm going through, not to get bashed for not knowing everything just yet. 

Your questions are proof you have zero clue.

you don't know her lyfe!!
    July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• imagemonichole09:
    And BTW; I'm pretty sure none of you went into this completely sure on what you were doing. 
    I'm pretty sure you know nothing about what you're doing. There's a difference.
    July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"