Babies: 3 - 6 Months

itching for another?

DH and I are planning on having our children close together. The original plan was 18-24 mos apart, but now I already find myself wanting another! (DD is only 3.5 mos) I didn't think it would happen so soon!

If ya'll are planning on more, what sort of timeframe are you thinking? I know some of you are preggers again already; how exciting!

nataliepic350 photo nataliepic350.jpg photo 099_zps0c6fc5c8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: itching for another?

• I go back and forth.  We'll definitely have another by 2014. 

I LOVE the headband on your LO in your sig pic.  Where did you get it??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think now is a little soon for us, but if it happened, well, we'd be happy. We are definitely planning to start trying next summer.... hopefully I will get my normal cycle back in time for that!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I am also itching for another... .especially after watching One Born Every Minute. I loved the newborn cuddling stage... you know before he was strong enough to look around and push away from me... where his only option was to snuggle. Our's will be 2 years apart if everything goes as planned. I work at a school and my 2nd job is during the school year as well, so we want to have children during the summer.

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• We will start trying next summer :)
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejlsimon56:

I go back and forth.  We'll definitely have another by 2014. 

I LOVE the headband on your LO in your sig pic.  Where did you get it??

I got it as a gift, so not sure. I thought it was Carter's brand but I checked their website and I don't see it there. Sorry!

nataliepic350 photo nataliepic350.jpg photo 099_zps0c6fc5c8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagebundymommy:

DH and I are planning on having our children close together. The original plan was 18-24 mos apart, but now I already find myself wanting another! (DD is only 3.5 mos) I didn't think it would happen so soon!

If ya'll are planning on more, what sort of timeframe are you thinking? I know some of you are preggers again already; how exciting!

I could have written this.  DH and I feel the same way.  The funny thing is I HATED being pregnant and was beginning to think I wasn't going to want another.  Within 3 weeks of delivering I was already joking w/ DH that I was ready for another one ASAP.  We're thinking about trying late next year.

• I would like to start trying next Fall. We will see, it depends on finances, if I find a Dental Hygiene job.. :/
  • Planning on going off birth control probably around DD's 1st birthday, if everything else in our life is still conducive to having a 2nd child then.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • LOL We've been trying since our 6 week check-up. Wink I'm not breastfeeding & have had 4 AFs since LO was born. Still not prego...Sad LOL, I know, some people think I'm crazy, but we would LOVE for our kids to be close in age. My sister & I were only 10 months 3 weeks apart in age, and well, DH has a twin, so we both liked having a sibiling so close. GL with whatever you decide! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Umm, no. Not anytime soon. I had a pretty difficult recovery and I would like to wait a few years! We've actually thought about waiting until our LO is 3 or 4 before we start trying again.
  • Going off BCP in February :-)

• I am one of the ones that is already preggo again! We were not trying, but we weren't doing anything to prevent it either. We wanted them close together, but didn't think it would happen this fast. I actually think we got pregnant on the same day (wedding night and then 1st anniversary). I was really excited at first and of course I still am, but the nerves are starting to set in with certain situation thoughts! 

Honestly I think I rather chase around an almost 1 year told than a 2 year old while pregnant. 

YAY! For Irish twins!  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I wanted one right away after my first child and we were lucky enough to get pregnant much faster then the first.  I have 2u2 now and love it, but I don't want to try for 3 under 3.  Mine are 18 months and 5 months and I really love it!  If I have more kids I want to wait a couple of years and then have 2u2 again.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I love the age difference with DS1 and DS2. They're about 21 months apart and it seems to work out good. I can't imagine being pregnant again this soon. If we try for a third we'll probably aim for the same age difference again.
    Logan - 11/09, Lander 08/11, Baby #3 ~It's a girl!!~ EDD: 04/10/14

• Yes, but I'm convinced it's hormones.  When my first was this age I was super baby crazy as well, and then it toned down once he got mobile and I was a bit removed from the immediate post-partum craziness.  When he was around a year I actually started thinking I would be nuts to have another so soon, but obviously we got over that and now we have two.  I am right back at wanting another nownownow so I think it has to be hormonal.  We will most likely try for another when my husband gets home from deployment next year.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • we plan to wait until dd is 4 years old...i was 16 months older than my sister and we HATED eachother until we were both in college.
  • Haha  I dont know when we will have another but I do know that about 1/2 hour after giving birth to my 1st now 4 months old, I was cuddling with her and looked up at DH and said Ill do that agian! We nee a boy :) Its more worth it than anything eles Iv ever done before  
  • DH wants to wait til DS is closer to 2 before we try again...I keep using the excuse that I dont have much time left and need to have another before I'm 35 and automatically considered high risk. This would mean only waiting til DS is closer to 1 than 2. We're using condoms right now to prevent, however, we dont "start" with them, if you know what I mean. I'm secretly hoping that the minor leakage that men get at the beginning will end up knocking me up sooner.
    Anniversary
    RTT badgeDSCN1111  Isla
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • DD has the same one and I thought it came from Target, but not a %100.
  • imagemrslandon:
    Yes, but I'm convinced it's hormones.  When my first was this age I was super baby crazy as well, and then it toned down once he got mobile and I was a bit removed from the immediate post-partum craziness.  When he was around a year I actually started thinking I would be nuts to have another so soon, but obviously we got over that and now we have two.  I am right back at wanting another nownownow so I think it has to be hormonal.  We will most likely try for another when my husband gets home from deployment next year.

Haha, good to know! So if I want them close in age, I need to get preggers before she's approx 9 months. Otherwise I'll talk myself out of it! Wink

Also a special thank you to you and your husband for your service. Smile

• I would love to be prego again already but I cannot perform my job while prego and it really puts stress on my boss to be down a person....so I am going to try my best and wait til DS is around a year old to start trying again....so maybe next august/september?

imageimage

• We definitely want one more maybe two. My brothers are 20 months apart and they are the best of friends. So I have always wanted my kids to be close in age. Originally the plan was to start ttc again the beginning of the summer. DH always jokes that since DS is getting bigger by the hour it seems like I am going to want another one sooner. LOL.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers ANGELS ARE GIVEN WINGS AND TAKEN BACK TOO SOON --- We love and miss you soo much Kacie Rae --- 9/11/10 --- born sleeping at 29wks2d
  • Already pregnant! DD was born almost 9 months to the day after our wedding and we found out the day before our 1st anniversary that we are expecting again! We were a bit surprised, but not really because we weren't using birth control. We never expected to be this fertile! We were going to try again whe she was about 6 months old, but it happened sooner. They kids will be about 11 months apart, which is great for them in terms of having a sibling close in age and there are tons of positives that we keep telling ourselves, but the be honest I am a bit nervous about it now. Basically everyone we know lives in other coutries so we have literally no help and DH sometimes has to travel for business. I'm sure it will work out fine, but it will be a little overwhelming at first. I'm just thrilled that it's not twins! I know someone that happened to and now they have 3 under the age of 19 months. I would have made my mom quit her job and move countries to come live with us!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"