2nd Trimester

Ontario 2+ moms - what are the costs?

I've heard there are some costs with things like name registration / birth certificate  and I'm concerned that I won't have put aside enough for some of these incidentals. 

Also, I'm having a boy and plan to have him circumsized, I hear this isn't covered by OHIP, anyone know how much this will run me? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Ontario 2+ moms - what are the costs?

• All of the information and prices about the documentation can be found here: https://www.ontario.ca/en/life_events/baby/004436.html

As for circumcision it can range from about $250-450. Talk to your OB/midwife and they'll give you some names so you can call around and get information. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always,
    As long as I'm living my baby you'll be.
    - Robert Munsch
  • As PP said the circumcision costs will cary by doctor and/or hospital. A call to the hospital you will be delviering at should clear that up for you.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My SIL just got her little boy circumcised in Ontario (the oakville area) and it cost around $300, Hope that helps give you an idea!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am getting my boy circumcised too and I called my hospital. They do it for $250 as an outpatient procedure. 
  • The registration is free, getting a birth certificate costs. you can get the long form (which you need to get a passport) or the small wallet sized one that can be used for everything else. I believe they are each around $25. Circumcision depends on your practitioner but is anywhere from $150 to $300. Other than that, the only cost you will encurr is the extra cost of a semi or private hospital room if you choose one and do not have benefits. OHIP only pays for a group room (max of 4 women and babies).
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"