Babies: 0 - 3 Months

exclusively pumping mamas...when to stop???

when are you stopping pumping??? if i stopped pumping after two months i would have enough stored to feed her breastmilk until she is 3 months. When will you stop pumping and how long will your stored milk last???
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: exclusively pumping mamas...when to stop???

• Right now I'm pumping 3x a day (I've stopped pumping overnight since she is sleeping longer stretches) and getting 10-13oz per session. I freeze 5-10 oz a day, and I have 225 oz in my freezer right now. I go back to work in 2 weeks and am hoping to keep my 3x a day for a little bit, because it won't be too inconvenient to pump once at work. DD will get formula (which we are starting to introduce now to make sure she does ok on it) and bm once I go back so that I can build a bigger stash so that when I do stop pumping, she will get bm longer, even if it isn't exclusively bm.

I haven't decided when I'm going to stop yet.

Snuggle.

BFP#1 2/10/11 EDD 10/21/11, Cora born 10/31/11

BFP #2 10/23/13 EDD 7/1/14, MC 11/18/13

BFP#3 4/14/14 EDD 12/26/14

• imagesherbieface:

Right now I'm pumping 3x a day (I've stopped pumping overnight since she is sleeping longer stretches) and getting 10-13oz per session. I freeze 5-10 oz a day, and I have 225 oz in my freezer right now. I go back to work in 2 weeks and am hoping to keep my 3x a day for a little bit, because it won't be too inconvenient to pump once at work. DD will get formula (which we are starting to introduce now to make sure she does ok on it) and bm once I go back so that I can build a bigger stash so that when I do stop pumping, she will get bm longer, even if it isn't exclusively bm.

I haven't decided when I'm going to stop yet.

JEALOUS I pump 5-6 times a day and get a TOTAL of about 15-18 oz. Hence, we do supplement with for,u;a. I told DH I'm done pumping at 4 months...we already used most of my "stash" since my supply started dropping and with work I'm just not going to do a "nursing staycation" to get it back.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • oooh, i'm jealous, too!  just can't seem to get more than 3-4 ozs per pump session!!!!!
  • My DD is 6.5 months and I have been exclusively pumping since she was 4 days old. I work full time and my daughter is in daycare during the day. I pump 4 times a day and get 7-10 oz each time. I freeze the morning session which is usually about 10 oz. I have about 600 oz of milk frozen (there's pretty much NOTHING else in my freezer but the milk). I didn't plan on even going this long but I'm in such a groove now so I don't know when I'll step. My goal was 6 months and now that I'm past that, I'll try for 9 months which will take us til my spring break..
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Kandt when did you drop pumps or have you always pumped that many times a day?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My big goal is to stop when LO is 6 months old. I pump 4 times a day now, each time I get around 8-10 oz. I switched to the freestyle pump which makes pumping a lot more bearable but I still very much dislike doing it. I am planning on slowly cutting down when LO is 5 months old. Am doing my am pumping session as I type :)
  • MrsClark81, don't feel bad I pump about the same as you.  My daughter is 5 1/2 months old and I have to also give her some formula bottles. 
  • My Daughter is 5 1/2 months old I went back to work when she was 3 months old and I was not able to build up a stash the time I was home for different resasons.  Anyways currently I pump a total of about 16 ounces a day so she gets about 4 bottles of BM and 3 bottles of FM.  My goal is to pump until she is a year old, but we shall see how it all turns out.
  • I have made the decision today to stop pumping, my daughter is two months and one week old. I am feeling very sad and guilty about this but i just cannot do it, i have been struggling with this decision for a while now. She was born 6 weeks early and was only given bottles in the NICU because of poor weight gain and she woudnt keep anything down, i was pumping 8-16 times a day, sometimes every hour for 25 min trying to get my supply up, but i have never got more than 4 oz from both breasts in a session and this is only after a 4hour no pump stretch. I now have been pumping only three times a day and getting maybe enough for her to have two feeds a day, i cannot take care of her, myself, my husband and our home and have time to pump for 30 minuites every 3 hours and then spend 30 minuites every 3 hours feeding her that is 8 hours a day just pumping alone. I have been very stressed about it, ive taken fenugreek but it didnt seem to work after the first couple days. I am not at peace with my decision, however i hope that i will be
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"