2nd Trimester

Ladies with Sonoline B

I just got mine in the mail yesterday and was super excited to try it so DH and I spent a good 20 minutes trying to find a HB and we don't really know if we did or not.  Where are you finding it?  I've only heard the HB once with the monitor at my OB's and there was a big difference between mine and the babies but I don't know if I can tell the difference with the Sonoline.  Any techniques to make the sounds come out clearer or to able to distinguish between your hb and LOs?

Thanks!

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                     BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
      BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                               BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

Re: Ladies with Sonoline B

• Make sure you use the gel. ALOT. Otherwise it's not as clear and very staticky. Around 15 weeks baby is still very low, probably right at/near your pubic bone. It will sound like a galloping horse, or my DH describes it as washing machine wooshing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DS - 7.2006 - C-Section b/c Breech
    DS2 - 4.2008 - Successful Vbac
    DD - 5.2012 - Successful Vbac
  • I around the same as you. I have been able to find it below my belly button sometimes being an inch or two below. I would go super slow use alot of gel. If you run out of gel which I have, I have been using belly oil and that does the trick. You will know when you find it because it is pretty fast. Sometimes I feel as if the baby is moving because even though the doppler is in the same spot the heart rate comes and goes so I figure its the baby changing positions.

I always seem to get a good quick find in the morning. GL. Hope this helps!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • As the previous posters said, go low. I'm 18 weeks and I still find hers really low.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm only about week further along than you. And, I had to search a bit to find him. I think it helps to know what you're listening for. The baby's hb sounds NOTHING like yours. If you haven't heard it yet at your OB, check youtube for sounds.

You can't really use where to find the hb, because every woman and every baby is different. But, at 15w, you should be about 4" below your belly button. Mine is riding low, and just above my hair line.

It sounds like a whooshing noise or sometimes a horses galloping. It's also REALLY fast whooshwhooshwhooshwhoosh or babumpbabumpbabumpbabump.  Yours will be significantly slower whoosh...whoosh...whoosh...whoosh... You also might hear a thump or a sound like a record scratch. That's baby kicking the doppler. Just as reassuring as the HB. They also tend to take off when the doppler pushes against them.

Also, I've noticed the Sonoline has a hard time stabilizing. It will show 120bpm then increase when you find Baby's heartbeart.  It DECREASES when it finds yours.

Good luck!

• There are tons of great YouTube videos that I found very helpful when I first started using mine. It helped me tell the difference between what baby sounds like and what all those other sounds are. 

PS..I am same as previous poster. I got a very small amount of u/s gel with mine so I bought a huge bottle of aloe vera to use instead. It works fine.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Look on youtube for videos of other women using it.  It will give you an audio example of what you're looking for.  Your HB will be slower (mine's around 120 in my abdomen), the baby's HB will be much faster sounding like galloping or a washing machine.  It will sound like what you heard at your doctor's office.  Use lots of gel and move the probe all over your lower abdomen.  Mine's usually around the hairline or a little above.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 1 | EDD 4.1.11 | MMC D&C 10.27.10 | 14 weeks
    BFP 2 | EDD 9.29.11 | MC 1.25.11 | 6 weeks
    BFP 3 | EDD 3.4.12 | MC 9.5.11 | 10 weeks
    BFP 4 | Twins EDD 6.7.12 | MC James 10.31.11 Kellen 1.12.12 | 8 weeks/19 weeks

BFP 5 | EDD 12.24.12 | Rainbow Baby in the Making!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    **Formerly known as Nikki04vb**
    ? PGAL/PAL Welcome ?
  • For me, I generally  have to go on the left side about three inches below my belly button.  I agree with a PP that the Sonoline has a hard time stabilizing.

After 4 years, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs our surprise miracle is here!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog

TTC # 2 BFP 03/02/13 = CP, BFP 05/14/13 = CP, BFP 08/09/13 = CP

RPL testing = normal

TI Cycle #1, 50 clomid days 3-7, 150 iu Follistim days 8-11 = BFP! EDD May 22, 2014

Betas: 13 DPO = 79, 15 DPO = 149, 19 DPO = 788, 22 DPO = 2031

• The whoosing sound is not the HB, that is the placenta and the embilical cord, the actual HB is the galloping horse sound, once you find the whoosing move just off of that and the HB will come in.  I found the baby had a lot of room around 15 weeks so it was all over the place, it does get easier!!
  • Thanks for all the advice!  I'm hoping we'll find it (and know we found it!) tonight Smile

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• I am a couple weeks behind you, but I always find it pretty low.  It usually takes me about 2-3 minutes to find.  You will definitely know the difference when you hear baby's HB because it's very fast.  I will say this morning I found the HB within about 10 seconds when I had a very full bladder, so that may have helped. 
  • We have found it everytime by putting a good amount of pressure on it and looking under the belly button, right above the pubic area. Baby is moving in there too, so let it sit in the same place for a minute. Sometimes when I am not sure if I have found baby's, I listen to mine..which is a lot slower than babies and then when I find babies I know for sure that I have it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"