Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite CS opinions??

I am still on the hunt for a new seat and came across this convertible one and it seems amazing....Does anyone have this one or have you heard anything from other parents? I think this one might be the winner of my exhausting research journey!! TIA :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite CS opinions??

• Options
    We have this seat and I LOVE it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My mom bought it but has yet to use it.  But I just wanted to tell you that if you or anyone you know is a Sam's Club member, they sell it on their website for $100. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Is it the 40lb harness version? No way. The 50lb harness version? Its ok. Either way you should know that it makes a terrible booster seat, and is on the Top 10 List of Worst Boosters that is put out every year by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.

The 40lb harness is outgrown way too early.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    We also have it and love it.
  • Options
    imageSuperCuteBenz:

Is it the 40lb harness version? No way. The 50lb harness version? Its ok. Either way you should know that it makes a terrible booster seat, and is on the Top 10 List of Worst Boosters that is put out every year by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.

The 40lb harness is outgrown way too early.

This. It is outgrown way too quickly not only by weight but from what I've heard, the harness slots also. I got this seat before I knew anything about car seats and I hated it. I was so glad when I got rear ended and the insurance company gave me money for a new seat so I could get something different. It is horrible to install RF and it is big and bulky. I do not rec this seat to anyone.

• Options
    It really should not be used as a booster like PPs have said.  I wouldn't buy it for that reason, so keep looking.  Here is link with an overview of some of the best convertible car seats.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    My BFP Chart

• Options

Thanks Katcarls for the link!!

And thank you everyone else for all the input, it did look really huge in the pics and I read the reviews on Amazon and some people said they couldnt even get in their car door or had to push the front seats all the way to the dash for rf. I guess I dont know what seat im gonna get....I need a great convertible!! :(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Maybe the Evenflo Symphony 65e. I think Amazon.com had it on sale last week. It is forward facing, rear-facing and a booster. It is actually a decently rated booster as well. It has an 8 year expiration, so it should last a while, unless of course you have an abnormally huge kid.

It is highly recommended by www.carseatblog.com too.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    What is your budget?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"