Success after IF

Help can a 5 mos old have benadryl?

I took DS to the Sat clinic yesterday with our pedi practice because he had a rash that appeared to be spreading.  The doc we saw was not ours and he kind of poo poo'd me and my concerns and said not to worry about the rash it was just viral and would go away as soon as his cold had cleared up completely.  That didn't seem to make sense since he's had the cold for 2 1/2 weeks and it's started to go away except for a lingering cough and the rash started a couple days ago and has been progressively getting worse.  DS seemed ok though yesterday, just a tad cranky so I decided the pedi must be right.  Well today DS got up and the rash is so much worse, it is covering most of his body now and he is scratching at his skin like crazy.  I gave him an Aveeno baby oatmeal bath, slathered him with aquaphor and rocked him until he passed out from crying.  I am going to email our actual pedi because I know he won't blow me off, but in the mean time can a 5 mos old have children's benadryl?  He's scratching his skin raw so I know he's itchy.  I put him in a long sleeve cotton footed sleeper to cover as much of his skin as possible so he couldn't scratch, but I don't know what else to do.
TTC since 8/2004
Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Help can a 5 mos old have benadryl?

• DD1 had benadryl when she was 6 months old...but I had to get the dose from the Pedi....I think it was the same as infant Tylenol? GL, Hope your LO is better soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLuckySunshineBaby:
    DD1 had benadryl when she was 6 months old...but I had to get the dose from the Pedi....I think it was the same as infant Tylenol? GL, Hope your LO is better soon!

Shoot that is kind of what I figured. I sent him an email and sometimes he responds on weekends so I guess I will hope that he does.

TTC since 8/2004
  • Loading the player...
  • They arent supposed to have it before 6 months, sorry. That sounds awful! Feel better Max!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It is weight dependant more than anything, so  This is a good starting point

https://www.askdrsears.com/topics/childhood-illnesses/medicine-cabinet/benadryl

• I love our pedi.  I emailed and he called and said since DS is the weight of a 6-7 mos old that he can have benadryl and gave us the dosage to give him.  DH is out getting him calamine lotion and benadryl now.  Thanks ladies!
    TTC since 8/2004
  • Poor little guy! Hope he gets so e relief! The dr sears dosing website or our pedis homepage are great resources!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since Dec '04 Severe MFI-diagnosed 12/06 3 failed Fresh IVFs FET #1 - BFP!! 2 blasts tx on day 6. Beta #1 8dp6dt = 56, Beta #2 = 600, Beta #3 = 5600 My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"