Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Did anyone measure the circumference of their pregnant belly?

I know this is a stupid question, and I didn't the first time around, but did anyone measure later in pregnancy? I am judging for a dress I need to order for when I am 3 weeks away from giving birth! I know all women are different but I am guess I am just curious if anyone did and remembers or if anyone has ever heard of an "average" circumference of a pregnant woman's belly when they are 8 or 9 months pregnant.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Did anyone measure the circumference of their pregnant belly?

• I believe "average" is 1 cm per week
  • imageMom2Oli:
    imageJCGreene85:
    I believe "average" is 1 cm per week
    That's not around, that's belly button down to top of something, I can't remember.

It's the top of the pubic bone to the edge of the uterus. On average your fundal height should grow around 1cm per week and match in cm to the number of weeks you are. Within 2cm is considered "normal".

• Loading the player...
  • 2 days before my c section. My friend just had to know! And I was 55.5 inches around. Yeah, it hurt. Granted, there were two in there.... 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • There's not going to be an "average" because it will also depend on what your waist circumference was when not pregnant. 
  • imagesillypit:
    There's not going to be an "average" because it will also depend on what your waist circumference was when not pregnant. 

True! They measured me at my shower. At 29w I was 48" around, but like a pp, there were two in there. I'm not sure what I was before delivery. Huge. ;)

fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • imagesillypit:
    There's not going to be an "average" because it will also depend on what your waist circumference was when not pregnant. 

and also how you gain weight

I was all belly. If I had gained (the same amount of weight) everywhere, I'm sure my belly would have looked a little less like a torpedo, and my waist circumference would not have increased so drastically.

To answer your question, OP, we played a game at my baby shower where people had to guess the circumference. I still have those numbers written down. It looks like I increased by about 14 inches.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"