Babies: 6 - 9 Months

If you make your own baby purees...

How many 'ice-cube-sized' portions does LO eat in one sitting? In case you don't know what I'm talking about, I freeze the purees into ice cube trays and then pop them out and store them in ziploc bags.

In one sitting, we usually go through two cubes worth of food, plus some rice or oatmeal cereal to thicken it and some breastmilk to thin it. Sometimes she will really only want one cube worth of food.

How much food is your LO getting down per meal and how many meals are you doing?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: If you make your own baby purees...

• ds doesn't eat cereals right now, but eats 4 cubes (4 oz) twice a day.
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • Two cubes at breakfast time, sometimes with some oatmeal mixed in, and three cubes at dinner time. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    DD born 5/15/11
    DS born 11/12/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine eats 2 tbsp oatmeal with banana or mango in the morning and then in the evening, he's eat 2 cubes of veggies and 2 cubes of fruit. 

He hasn't started a lunch yet.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Mine eats 1-2 cubes at breakfast, 3 cubes at lunch and 2 cubes at dinner. We only sporadically do cereal. He also loves puffs.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine only eats about one cube per meal. I like to mix and match them, but two cubes will usually be too much for a meal. (We have been teething the last month, and I think that's got something to do with it. He upped his BFing and stopped eating so much.) I end up putting dollops of food on his tray and I let him fingerpaint with it, and maybe some of that will end up in his mouth. 

I've started giving him diced-up finger foods (e.g., avocado, banana, rice) and he seems to like eating that better than whatever I give him by spoon. 

• just a few weeks ago my LO was eating 5 cubes at dinner! but that only lasted about a week or so. before that it was 2 - 3 cubes. now he is barely eating :( not sure what is up with him but he just started pulling up and standing and is definitely teething so I think he is putting food on the back burner. 
  • One cube = one oz, right?

Nora gets 2 oz of fruit for breakfast, 2 oz of veggies for lunch, and 2-4 oz of a meat and veggie mix for dinner. She rarely gets any cereal, but if she does, it's a couple of Tbsp with her breakfast.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• 1 cube equals about an oz.

She gets one cube and cereal in a.m.

Two cubes for lunch

Yogurt or 2 cubes for dinner 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DS LOVES to eat. For breakfast he gets 4 tbsp cereal and 1 cubes of fruit, lunch 2 tbsp cereal and 2 cubes of veggies, and supper he gets 1 cube of fruit mixed with 1 tbsp cereal, 2 cubes of veggies and 2-3 tbsp of meat.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image image
  • 3 cubes 3x a day.
  • Looks like I'm underfeeding my little one.  I give her one cube at lunch and two at dinner. no breakfast.
    If the house ain't burned down and the baby's fed it was a successful day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"