3rd Trimester

What to pack for labor?

My hospital suggested a separate bag for post postpartum and labor because I'll switch rooms. I know what I'll pack for postpartum for the most part, but not sure what I need in the labor room, I'll bring something to play music, but other than that...any suggestions?

Married my best friend 5/2/2008
TTC our first miracle since November 2010
BFP 3/16/2011 Chemical Pregnancy 3/20/2011

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image

Re: What to pack for labor?

• I just too one bag, it was pretty easy to move it to my post-partum room. I didn't bring anything for the labor room other than a pillow (with a printed or bright pillow case) and our cameras. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photobucket
  • Camera, something to pass the time (cards, magazine, book...) and snacks for your DH/SO. You probably wont need too much for labour.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I brought a flameless candle. That was nice for when I was laboring in the bathtub. I also brought jolly ranchers. That is a good idea because they don't let you eat/drink but they will let you eat hard candy which keeps your mouth moist.
  • imagelovvie:
    I brought a flameless candle. That was nice for when I was laboring in the bathtub. I also brought jolly ranchers. That is a good idea because they don't let you eat/drink but they will let you eat hard candy which keeps your mouth moist.

Make sure you check with your OB before you bring hard candy.  I wasn't allowed any hard candy during my labor - each OB is different.

I do agree with PP about just bringing one bag (unless you plan on packing a load for the labor room).  The other thing I brought in the labor room that hasn't been mentioned is a stress ball.  You know those squishy balls that are made to squeeze super hard because they supposedly help with the relief of stress?  It was flipping amazing to have - I squeezed the heck out of it during contractions and it saved DH's hand. ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD2 is on her way!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hospitals are always really cold, bring a sweater and thick socks and definitely bring slippers.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was only planning on bringing one bag!
  • Chapstick, socks, zip up hoodie, laptop, books, crossword puzzles etc.
  • With my DD I only took 2 bags. 1 for myself and 1 for her. And will be doing the same when it's time for DS to arrive. 

I mainly took toiletries,shaving cream and razor (believe me I felt so relieved to be able to shave my legs again lol), tooth brush etc.

Change of clothes, warm socks, a book. Things like that.

The one thing I will be taking this time that I did not last time is my own blanket. The ones at the hospital are so thin! It would take 3 or 4 just to get warm and stay that way.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't think you need anything, but I'm a TV bug and was jsut happy laying there watching TV and playing on my cell phone.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"