3rd Trimester
Options

Lost confidence in Doc

I went for my weekly check yesterday and was seen by one of four midwives (2docs in the practice).  She and the nurse were shocked that the Doc didn't complete half of the exam last week, skipping my first internal (group b strep test), not measuring my bump, not scheduling my surgery and missing a tissue infection that I had mentioned my discomfort.  I'm due to have a csection on 12/30.  Because of the holiday only one Doc will be on call so I have no say in which one will deliver.  This is only the second time I've seen this Doc (she's new to the practice) and I lost most of my confidence in her.  This is my third section and I've never been nervous about the surgery part until now.  I know I should trust her because my Doc does, I just wish I could choose the Doc that's delivered me twice already.  Thanks for listening, I really needed to unload. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Lost confidence in Doc

• Options
    Can you ask which doctor will be on call when you schedule?  I would try my hardest to get the one you're comfortable with.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

How many weeks were you at that appt?  My doc doesn't do group B and first internal until at least 35 weeks.  If you are 35 weeks now, then it would have been done too early if your doc had done it at the last appt.  I've also heard alot of people don't get their c-sections scheduled until they start their internals - so they can gauge how soon it needs to happen.  Alot of people don't get scheduled until 2 weeks prior.  If those were the only things on the list I would say maybe since she is new, the midwife just isn't used to the weeks that she does things at.  Starting internals and checking Group B at 34 weeks sounds crazy to me coming from a different OB group.  Your midwife would be the one who looked weird following that time frame compared to me doc.

BUT... It sounds weird that she forgot to measure-though not dangerous and  I have no idea what you mean by "tissue infection" or the details on how she missed.  Those are really the only things that would concern me about her.  I know that is still a stressful situation, but  you could probably shorten the list of things about her you are worried about. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagejeapplegate:

How many weeks were you at that appt?  My doc doesn't do group B and first internal until at least 35 weeks.  If you are 35 weeks now, then it would have been done too early if your doc had done it at the last appt.  I've also heard alot of people don't get their c-sections scheduled until they start their internals - so they can gauge how soon it needs to happen.  Alot of people don't get scheduled until 2 weeks prior.  If those were the only things on the list I would say maybe since she is new, the midwife just isn't used to the weeks that she does things at.  Starting internals and checking Group B at 34 weeks sounds crazy to me coming from a different OB group.  Your midwife would be the one who looked weird following that time frame compared to me doc.

BUT... It sounds weird that she forgot to measure-though not dangerous and  I have no idea what you mean by "tissue infection" or the details on how she missed.  Those are really the only things that would concern me about her.  I know that is still a stressful situation, but  you could probably shorten the list of things about her you are worried about. 

I agree with the above.  I was supposed to get my first internal and groub b strep done next week at 36 wks. But becuause I'm not going in for my appointment next week (i want to go to my office x-mas party) he did everything this week at 35wks instead. My dr never measures me -- never did with my last pregnancy also.  Maybe she is not familiar with that particular offices practices... coming from someplace else they may do things differently - not that she actually forgot.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice, my ticker is wrong, and I never changed it.  They've moved my due date up 3 times since I had my first ultrasound. ( This was a very unexpected pregnancy and I didn't know until what they estimated was 14 weeks)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"