Breastfeeding

If you pump, which bottles do you use and why?

Would you recommend them?  Are they BPA free? Have you had any problems with leaking/nipple collapsing/hard to clean, etc.?[Poll]
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If you pump, which bottles do you use and why?

• I use Avent and yes, they are BPA-free.  I like them because they are easy to clean. Some people complain about the bottles leaking, but that's only happened to me once or twice.
  • So far, I'm using Dr. Brown's wide neck bottles.  No problems with leaks or nipple collapse.  But there are a lot of parts to clean.

• Loading the player...
  • I use the Breastflow bottles (The First Years). LO wouldn't take the nipple that came with my Medela bottles, and the Tommee Tippee ones had too fast a flow for him.

I like the Breastflow bottles because they are supposedly more like the breast (requiring compression and suction), and he eats at a slower pace than with other bottles we tried. They are easy to assemble and clean.

• Dr. Browns and Tommee Tippee.  He likes both and doesn't seem to have a preference.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We started with Playtex Ventaire but moved to the Avent ones b/c they are easier to clean.  We don't have a dishwasher and I hated all those extra parts.  I voted for Avent.
  • Love the Medela bottles and nipples. They work with the pump and DD always liked those nipples, which made it so easy. Pump then pop a nipple on and you're all set--no transferring. Plus, she's never needed more than the 5oz bottles, so the size was perfect.
     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • imagefaerieme129:

I use the Breastflow bottles (The First Years). LO wouldn't take the nipple that came with my Medela bottles, and the Tommee Tippee ones had too fast a flow for him.

I like the Breastflow bottles because they are supposedly more like the breast (requiring compression and suction), and he eats at a slower pace than with other bottles we tried. They are easy to assemble and clean.

I started with those, but they died. After maybe 10 weeks of using them the inner nipple got all warped and they didn't work right. I couldn't imagine having to buy new bottles every 2-3 months. Tommee Tippee was too fast for DD too. She still won't take those!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • avent, few pieces, similar shape to breast.

the only leak if you put them together wrong or screw too tightly

• We've used Tommee Tippee since the end of August and had no problems.  They are BPA free.  They are easy to clean and seem easy to use (my husband is the one who bottle feeds her...I tried it once and it felt weird).
  • Edit: bump burp.

• My son was easy and used Evenflo for the first few months (he was a preemie) then we used Playtex drop ins.  The evenflo's were small for his small mouth.  The drop-ins are great as there are no 'corners' of the bottle to clean, you just toss the liner, and they aren't expensive, a box of 100 is around $7.

Cam hasn't had a bottle yet, but I am having a hard time getting her to use a paci.  She just wants me and my boobs are going to explode from all the extra stimulation and overproduction of milk.  I am going to try her with the Playtex and see how she does after new years.

I do have an Avent, Dr. Browns, and Evenflo for us to try with her as we did with my son, but they all are a PITA to clean & avent leaked dispite watching the video and reading directions for it not to leak - silly.

It's a good idea to have a few different bottles around to try.  You never know what the baby will prefer.  GL!

• I use tommie tippies frm babies r us. They are wide and the nipples feel and are shaped more like the real breast.They also have great air flow and you can buy different nipple for they flow you need and travel lids.
  • Dr. Brown because the attach to my pump. Both my sons like these bottles and they can back up as extra pump bottles.

• Parents Choice from Wal-Mart. They screw directly onto my Medela hand pump. DS isn't picky but I also am a "here and there" pumper, not an EPer.
    imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Breastfeeding and pregnant!
  • Playtex Ventair wide bottles.  We used Avent at first too, but I always send the playtex to daycare and when I tried an Avent the other day with DD she didn't want it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"