Pregnant after 35

Well so much for fertility decrease after 35...

Took the IUD out, had one period and BAM...BFP. Am still in shock. Am 39 and worried that it is going to be alot harder this time around. I have a 5 and 7 year old already.
Jen
Mom to Ava 12.21.04 and Austin 10.22.06
BFP 12/5/11...natural m/c 12/23/11 Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Well so much for fertility decrease after 35...

• Yeah, mine was failed birth control, and I was told years ago I would have a hard time conceiving. Ha! Twice, I've gotten pregnant, unplanned, in the first full monthly cycle of dating someone! Seems to run in my family. My grandmother had one at 39, my mom 37, and I'll be 35.

Congrats!!! T&P that everything will be fine! 

• Had been on the pill for 7 years when my pills got LITERALLY washed away in a flood.  Of course, cleaning up after a flood means both:

-- regular bouts of stress-relieving sex

-- without thinking about what happened to the pills, because we were too busy re-applying for passports and papers and furniture and digging sand out of our possessions.

And at 36 years old, my reproductive bits are supposed to be getting around with the help of a walker, playing bingo in a church basement, watching soap operas.  But no, not mine.  First month, and BLAMMO.  13 weeks later and we're going for it. 

• Loading the player...
  • Congratulations!!!  welcome aboard :)  
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • LOL....yeah...same boat!  Mine will be 5 & 7, but I had an IUD failure!  Fertile Myrtle is what my dr. even called me.  Curious to see how different it is to be preggo at 37 versus 30 & 32:)  H&H.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Am I glad I saw this post (and all the responses to it)!  Hubby and I have been very very careful for years and 1 time (I know it only takes 1 time...lol) we are not so careful right after my period no less and bam - I'm pregnant.  The joke around here is I'm so fertile I don't even have to have sex - all I gotta do is talk about it! LOL  I guess it's a good problem to have considering the alternative but this is baby #5 for me so tubes tied after this.  I wonder if that will stop it from happening anymore...giggle.

I seriously do wish I was younger though as I would love to donate my eggs.  I don't think clinics will take them past a certain age though...

• imageconstanceblizzard:

And at 36 years old, my reproductive bits are supposed to be getting around with the help of a walker, playing bingo in a church basement, watching soap operas.  But no, not mine.  First month, and BLAMMO.  13 weeks later and we're going for it. 

LOL !  That gave me the best laugh!  It's amazing what the media and some Drs tell us should be the case.  At 35 we got it on the first try.  So much for stressing that I was "past my prime."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm still waiting for all these complications my old age is supposed to produce... so far my pregnancy has gone pretty damned smooth compared to what I was expecting ..it's all the younger chicks at work who are moaning and suffering with MS and stuff. 

I'm not sure if it's a cultural thing or what... but they all seem so frickin miserable.. and here's lil old me elderly with my big old baby bump, and in general I'm having a breeze of a time.  I've even had people say  they have never seen someone so upbeat and pregnant, I find humor in most things and I am sure that helps.  After 41 years of ups and downs you kinda learn to priortize nd dont stress the smaller things.. maybe it's that.

I think us older moms are doing just fine...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"