2nd Trimester

How many days a week do you workout?

Hi ladies,

How often are you working out during the week? Are you doing everyday?

Is there days that you are just so tired, you skip?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: How many days a week do you workout?

• I have been dealing with m/s and being very tired on and off. So no workouts for me. I think I did yoga once this entire time. But I have been doing a lot of walking due to Christmas shopping and cleaning my house every other week if I am up to it..so hopefully that is burning some calories. My fiancee just bought us a treadmill for the house so I plan to hop on it when I feel especially good. Every day is different so who knows?
  • Work out? What's that?
  • Loading the player...
  • Haha Im glad to see people are answering the way they are! Every day? Bah! Gym? Bah! I've been going to yoga and/or pilates classes 2-3 times a week. They are not hardcore, just to work up a light sweat. And, bonus! they really help with my anxiety about the pregnancy and keep me calm and centered. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My GOAL is always 5 days a week, but I am at least getting in 3 days. Some days I do a lot and some days not so much.
  • imageFyreFlyeRush:
    Work out? What's that?

Hahaha this!

But I am trying to get back into exercising by walking at least 2 miles 3x/week. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I finally felt good enough to start working out again a couple weeks ago, toward the very end of 1st tri.  I did light cardio at the gym (elliptical and treadmill for 35 minutes at a slower pace than before--2 levels lower on elliptical and up to 4% incline instead of up to 15% on the treadmill) or went for a walk in the park for a little over 2 miles with the dog.

Last week I did light weights for the first time.  It's amazing how much strength and stamina I lost after not working out for a good 3 months, but I'm hoping to get some of it back.  Right now my goal is to get around 30 min. of exercise 3-4 days a week, and see if I can do more from there.  

My main incentive is that I keep hearing how much easier labor is for women who keep active and exercise leading up to it, and since I did nothing but pile in the carbs and lay down with my free time during 1st tri, I really want to do the most I can with the time I have left.

10/10: Married; 5/11: Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tube; 7/11: D&C/Hysteroscopy to remove polyp
    IVF #1: 9/11: ER: 12R, 11M, 10F, No Frosties; 5dt: 2 blasts, 1 morula; DD born 6/3/12
    IVF #2: 11/12-12/12: ER: 20R, 20M, 16F, 4 Frosties; 5dt: 3 blasts, DS born 8/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 2-3 times per week is a good week now. I used to go 4-5 times a week, but these days it wears me out. When I go I lift weights and do a bit of cardio, then I am tired and hips achy so i won't go for another couple of days.

In the first tri I barely went at all due to the severe exhaustion and nonstop nausea, so i feel pretty good if I even get there twice in a week now!

I also walk a bit during the day as I don't have a car, so probably most days I walk 3-4 miles.

At this point I'm just trying to keep the weight gain somewhat under control, and also maintain some semblance of muscle. Plus after I go I always feel wonderful, get that nice energy boost! there just aren't enough hours in the day to go more though, I need more sleep now than I used to, plus have a lot of christmas shopping and cooking/baking to do...  Add that to 11 hours a day with work+commute and there isn't a ton of time left!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • from weeks 6 to 16 I didn't work out at all.  I am beyond exhausted and morning sickness was terrible.  I work 3 12 hour shifts per week and I never work out on those days, but I try to work out any day I am off.  My goal is about 3 days per week and sometimes I make it and sometimes I don't.  it is especially hard with family visiting around the holidays.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • NONE, NADA, NOPE, N O!!!!!! lolol

• My goal is 5 days a week, but I normally only make it 4 days...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I usually go every day, I might miss a day a week when I'm really not feeling up to it though.

Pre-pregnancy I'd never miss a day and did an hour cardio and a half hour strength. Now I do 30-45 minutes of cardio and thats it.

Eleanor Gwendolyn
  • I do the elliptical 3x/week (although the past couple weeks it's been a little less).  I also try to go for walks a couple times a week.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I go 5 days a week. It is just my routine to go right after dropping DS1 off at school. I have a trainer once a week, and the other days I do spin class, run a little, do the bike, etc. I am certainly not doing the level that I was pre-pregnancy, but I hate missing days. It makes me feel antsy (plus makes me fgeel bad about all the extra food I am eating these days!). Today I did weights with my trainer and then the elliptical for 30 minues. Now, I am eating! :)
  • Hello!
    I work out at least 3-4 days a week.

Pre-preggo it was everyday and I was a runner in great shape. I was training for a half-marathon when the breast pain was killing me! I've been SO exhausted and crampy that I was just miserable the first trimester but I still tried to get myself up at least 3 days a week.

The weight gain is freaking me out. I can't believe how much flab I have now, I'm so miserable with my body. I'm depressed and the fact that I'm not showing much at 16 weeks kills me, I feel like I am just faking it and just getting fat.

I read a lot of women do yoga so maybe I'll look into that... I'm so used to the hard cardio but at this point, I'll freak out if my a$$ gets any bigger!

Good luck and best wishes! <3

• imagemarcelinam:

Hello!
    I work out at least 3-4 days a week.

Pre-preggo it was everyday and I was a runner in great shape. I was training for a half-marathon when the breast pain was killing me! I've been SO exhausted and crampy that I was just miserable the first trimester but I still tried to get myself up at least 3 days a week.

The weight gain is freaking me out. I can't believe how much flab I have now, I'm so miserable with my body. I'm depressed and the fact that I'm not showing much at 16 weeks kills me, I feel like I am just faking it and just getting fat.

I read a lot of women do yoga so maybe I'll look into that... I'm so used to the hard cardio but at this point, I'll freak out if my a$$ gets any bigger!

Good luck and best wishes! <3

I feel exactly the same. I was running half marathons and doing the Insanity workouts before our unexpected BFP.  It sucks to do 30-40 min of running with the running belt in the pool... And then be done... But I keep telling myself it's better than nothing, and soon I'll be able to start regular workouts again!

I think we PROBABLY don't look as bad to others as we do to ourselves.  DH, bless his heart, keeps saying I look great and it's just belly, even though I know it's not... 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I always try for 4 but it is always 3 !
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • HAHAH I gave up on it right during my 1st trimester hahahah
  • I used to workout HARD 5x a week, but now That I've toned down the intensity, I try to get at least 20 min of some type of cardio in everyday (walking, jogging, elliptical), 40 min being a good day (spin, modified kickboxing). I do weights 3x a week. It does improve my energy level. I skipped a day and just felt Blah! I've always been dependent on the gym. It's pretty much where I think and let off steam.
  • Been doing once a week, just cardio.  I think I'm discouraged, because I had been lifting to strategically eliminate thunder thighs and muffin top, and that's a no-go now.

• I'm not big on traditional gym going - it was something that just never worked for me.

I joined a yoga studio in October and have been going a stead 4x a week since then. Three weeks ago the studio started a 35day challenge - 6 classes a week for 5 weeks (you can double up once a week if you need to take 2 days off). Thus far (although it has not been easy) I have been sticking to the challenge. 

I know that not only is it great for my physically (at an early pregnancy class the first exercise the  instructor recommended was yoga), but it has really helped keep me emotional stable, as opposed to being more of a roller coaster. Its not always easy to go, but I always feel better after I've been - both emotionally and physically. 

pregnancy pregnancy
  • 2-3. If I am exceptionally tired, I just go with it and skip my workout.
    DD #1 passed away in January 2011 at 14 days old due to congenital heart disease
    DD#2 lost in January 2012 at 23 weeks due to anhydramnios caused by a placental abruption
  • I've been walking 4 days a week.  I have skipped (Thanksgiving week I skipped a couple of days), but not often.  Been trying to stick to it to keep my weight gain in check.
    Married August 23, 2008!

My little angel RIP August 12, 2010 - September 5, 2010

• My schedule is

Mon - Zumba toning 1 hour

Tues&Thur - Zumba 1 hour

Wed - walking with friends 45 min

However, I often miss 1 Zumba/week on average due to colds, round ligament pain, etc. 

• My goal is 5 days, and I *usually* stick to it. Some weeks I will do 4 days, or will do 5 but one day will be only be an easy 20 minutes or something...When I was pregnant with DS I did 6 days a week, whether is was a really long walk or an exercise DVD. It really helped keep my weight stable and I bounced back really quickly, so I know how important it is. Plus I have been eating like a whale, so I kind of feel guilty if I don't....
  • imageManneek1977:
    NONE, NADA, NOPE, N O!!!!!! lolol

THIS. I haven't done ANY.

• I workout 3 days a week for an hour doing zumba, and I am 15 weeks and still 4lbs down from my pre-preggo weight. There are days that I feel so darn sleepy that I dont want to go, but I do, simply because I always feel better after and I know its doing great things for baby and me! :)
  • For about a month I worked out 1-2 times; and it REALLY showed at my next Dr. appt. (holy weight gain!)

Since that appt I try to work out at least 4 times a week, and be active and/or watch food intake the other days. By work out I mean elliptical or treadmill for at least 30 minutes. I have a Prenatal workout DVD but that has gone by the wayside for the most part.

It also helps to note that when I wasn't really working out it was end of first tri beginning of second.

TTC since November 2010
    BFP: March 22, 2011 M/C: April 8, 2011 @ 7 weeks
    BFP: June 29, 2011!!! Crossing my fingers for a sticky baby :)
    LO Born early March 2012 We are so blessed image
  • I walk the dog for about a mile/ mile and a half everyday.  And I also do prenatal yoga once a week.  I used to do Jazzercise but I haven't gone in weeks.  I am on my feet all day at work (I'm an elementary school teacher) and I'm so exhausted by the time I get home.  Also, I'm afraid to push myself too hard so when I do go to Jazzercise I stick to low impact and I don't really enjoy it as much.
  • imageFyreFlyeRush:
    Work out? What's that?

Bwahahaha, yes, this.  I tried really hard but just couldn't do it after 10 weeks.  I was too damned tired.  Then I had a bleed / was diagnosed with placenta previa, so I've pretty much become one with the couch since then.  It sucks big hairy donkey balls because I worked like a mofo to lose major weight 3 years ago and swore I wouldn't turn into a slug when pg, but like Scarlet O'Hara, I'll think about it later.   If I do now, I might cry.

***S/PAIFW***TTC since forever ago....

DH-34-MFI-motility+morphology.... Me-32-Hypothyrpid+LPD

7/8/11: Clomid100mg+Ovidrel+IUI#1=BFN

8/2/11: Clomid50mg+Ovidrel+IUI#2=BFFN

8/25/11: Follistim50iu+Ovidrel+IUI#3=BFP!!!!@14dpo

Beta#1 9/8 - 251 Beta#2 9/15 - 1622 Beta#3 9/22 - 12674

1st U/S; heard one beautiful HB of 129 - 9/29/11

OB visit; HB of 166 - 10/13/11

2nd US; HB of 163 - 10/18/11

A/S - 12/9/11 - It's a perfect healthy BOY!!!!

Our miracle baby boy - born 5/24/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"