July 2012 Moms

I haven't been taking my prenatal vitamins!

Somebody please tell me that my baby will be okay. I've had such bad m/s (hyperemesis) and it seems like only now am I able to keep down my food (thank you, Zofran!). There was a 2-week period in there where I was probably intaking minimal nutrients and no vitamins. I'd be lucky if I could have a bowl of cereal and a popsicle!

Anyways, feeling much better now and I'm back to the vitamins... but super worried that during these critical weeks of development, I neglected to give my baby the nutrients he/she needs Sad

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: I haven't been taking my prenatal vitamins!

• You're fine! With DS I didn't realize I was pregnant for a couple months - I ate horribly, no vitamins, etc. He turned out perfectly healthy and has remained wonderful for the past (almost) nine years. 

Your body finds what it needs. Now that you're back "on the wagon" you have even less cause for alarm. :) 

BFP 11/1/11 EDD 7/13/12

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

9 Years Later

• Prenatals make me sick.  I didn't take them when I was pregnant with DS and I started out taking them this time, but I just can't now.  I take folic acid since it's a tiny pill that I don't have a problem taking and a Flinstone.  My doc said it's a great option for me.  Target also makes Prenatal Gummies.  You could try those as well.
    Gabriel Joseph 6/13/2010
    BFP#2: 8/14/11 M/C 8/30/11 6w1d
    BFP #3: 10/26/11
    Beta #1 @11dpo: 22 Beta #2 @13dpo: 90 Beta #3 @17dpo: 480
    Missed m/c 12w3d 12/28/11, d&c 12/30/11
    dx Homozygous C677T MTHFR image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks so much for the replies, ladies. I feel much better. I've been really trying not to be paranoid or overreact to things... and I know the baby is just fine, I just needed to hear it from someone else!

Thanks for the prenatal gummie rec. I'll look into those!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Ditto PP, it's totally fine. I had awful m/s with DD and couldn't keep anything, least of all those huge freaking horse pills they call prenatal vitamins down for well into the second trimester and she's perfectly healthy.

DD Lea 04/21/10
    DS Nathan 12/4/12
    BFP: 3/31/15 EDD: 12/4/15

MC: 7/2011, 12/2011
  • imagePiper2009:

Thanks so much for the replies, ladies. I feel much better. I've been really trying not to be paranoid or overreact to things... and I know the baby is just fine, I just needed to hear it from someone else!

Thanks for the prenatal gummie rec. I'll look into those!

The only thing that I reccommend about the gummies is that they do not all contain DHA and iron, so make sure to check for those! I feel like the iron is what makes me sick, so I've been considering switching to something without. GL!

BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary Betas: 10/31/11 4.6 11/2/11 23.8 11/11/11 1916! 11/15/11 7980 Grow Baby, Grow!
  • The baby is getting all the nutrients it needs first, the vitamins help you w/ your nutrients. 
    Glad you are feeling better now. =-)
    Christine Mommy to a wonderful ds, age 7 Baby #2 and #3 m/c December 2009, and December 2011
  • You could always try taking them at night, right before bed....see if that works!   Mine always make me feel queasy, so I started taking them at bedtime, and havent had a problem since.  Glad you are doing better.  Ditto PP's on the gummies, though--they don't contain enough iron.
    Me: 30, Dx Unexplained/hypothalamic amenorrhea
    DH: 31, normal!
    April/May 2011: Menopur + Ovidrel +TI = BFN
    Oct 2011: Menopur + Hcg +IUI = BFP!
    Beta #1 (13dpiui)= 129.7, Beta #2 (15 dpiui)= 305
    PAIF/SAIF always welcome!
    My Blog

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • My mom was sick as a dog when she had me in the early 80's- she lost a ton of weight and says she doesn't know how I got any nutrients at all.  I came out a healthy 8lbs, 21 inches, a week late.  I have never broken a bone, I rarely get sick, and I had no problems in school.  I'm sure your baby is managing to take whatever it needs.

• You will be fine. I had 3 weeks were m/s was so bad I couldn't take my vitamins. I told my doctor and she said "that's ok, just start taking them again as soon as you think you can hold them down." I'm still only managing to take them once every other day or so.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My doctor told me to wait to until I go in today to worry about the vitamins. I am just taking my normal women's daily vitamin. I was worried but I guess if that is that the Doc says then that is what I will do. I havent been sick at all and hoping that the vitamins dont make me sick!! I am so worried about that.
    imageimage BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • no use worrying about the past. just try your best to eat healthy and take your vitamins from this point on. 

good luck! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"