2nd Trimester

How many diapers you'll need per age chart??

I saw a displayed copy of how many diapers on average you'll need for different months/ages when I registered at Babies R Us. I can't find anything of the sort on Internet searches. Anybody have a copy of something similar or know where it is hiding on the Internet??? Thanks.

Re: How many diapers you'll need per age chart??

• I found this old post. I don't know how accurate it really is, but it seems helpful.
    imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Honestly, I would strongly recommend against prebuying diapers unless you know where you buy them will let you exchange them for a different size.  So much depends on how big the baby is at birth and how fast they grow.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagesmacb:
    Honestly, I would strongly recommend against prebuying diapers unless you know where you buy them will let you exchange them for a different size.  So much depends on how big the baby is at birth and how fast they grow.
    Agree. Certain brands may work better than others for you too and it would suck to be stuck with a stockpile of ones that leak constantly.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I always buy diapers as needed - no more than 2 packs in advance.  Babies grow so fast, and sometimes you have to switch brands due to growth, rash, ect...  It's true that they go through them faster when they are younger, but more diapers come in the smaller sizes packs than in the larger sizes.  If you have decided on a brand no matter what then you should be safe buying a couple of three packs in each size.  Except newborn - they only fit up to 8 lbs and some babies are bigger than that at birth.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • from my own experience I got one big box of newborn diapers average of 8-10 a day and both my girls were ready for size 1 by the time that box was done.  They both weighed about 7.5 lbs at birth.  Maybe one or two big boxes of size 1, then moved up again.  It always seemed like we moved up really quick until size 4. Those fit forever.  And the top couple of lbs of the range they give on the box are definitely too much and you 'll need to move up a size by then.
  • imagesmacb:
    Honestly, I would strongly recommend against prebuying diapers unless you know where you buy them will let you exchange them for a different size.  So much depends on how big the baby is at birth and how fast they grow.

Yep this. 

We started off each of my first two with two small packs of NB diapers (one huggies, one pampers). Both of my girls ended up being smaller than NB and wore preemie for a few weeks so we had to go to the store anyway. My younger daughter had awful reactions to pampers so we had to go get more huggies. And by the time your kid is a week or so old you'll be DYING for an excuse to run an errand. I never stocked up on diapers ahead of time and it was never an issue. Like PP said, it really depends on how fast they grow and you can't predict that. 

DC1 (2.5) | DC2 (1) | #3 due 6.1.2012
  • I did buy diapers ahead of time. It helped me a lot. I would buy whatever name brand was on sale and I had a coupon for. I didn't buy any of the specialty prints or anything like that, just in case i might could exchange them at walmart. Neither of my kids were "allergic" to any kind. There were brands I preferred over others but I used what I had. I personally used size 3&4 the longest. If you buy any newborn I would buy 1 pack and save the receipt. My oldest used newborn for about 3 days and that was it. (the hospital will likely send you home with some).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This would be one of those thingst that every child is different.  I wouldn't buy ahead with too many diapers.  We bought two cases (from BJ's) of size 1's prior to DS being born.  He was never in NB diapers since he was 10 lbs.  I would say he was in 1's until about 2 months old, in 2's until about 6 months old and he's been in 3's for the past 15 months.  We are finally transitioning over to 4's and that is only because they are too short in the rise for him.  We were still overlapping tabs on size 3.  DS has a tiny waist and at 21 months maybe weighs about 25 lbs.  You just never know how quickly or slowly they will grow and gain weight.  I highly doubt we will ever see a size 5 diaper before PTing.
    Sorry no paragraphs, bumping from my phone.
    I once had a picture until the trolls showed up.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #1 7/08 PCOS dx 8/28/04 Met 1000 mg and Clomid cycles 1-4 1/6/09-5/2/09 BFN
    Clomid 100mg 6/4/09=O'd=BFP on 6/29/09! Beta@14DPO 70.8 Beta@16DPO 152. EDD 3/7/10.
    First u/s on 7/13/09 @6w0d heard and saw heartbeat 102 bpm.
    K M #1 arrived via c/s 3/1/10 10 lbs, 22 inches long at 39 weeks.

Surprise expecting #2. Med-free BFP on 8/1/11! Beta@15DPO 58.2 Beta@17DPO 198.3 Beta@23DPO 2338. EDD 4/9/12
    K M #2 arrived via c/s 3/19/12 9 lbs 2 oz, 21 inches long at 37 weeks.
    "If we weren't all crazy we would go insane."
  • Babies are so different! My son is almost two and has been in size 3 since he was 9 months old! I would use charts as reference, but not totally go by them because your baby could grow fast or slow. You will need a ton of diapers, so pre-buying is a good thing. If you have too many of one size you can always exchange or give them as shower gifts to friends. I pre-buy all the time and I have yet to have too many of a size.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"