3rd Trimester

when did your discomfort start?

I'll be 28 weeks on Friday (the 2nd) and mine started about 3-4 weeks ago. 

I've already started  having lower back pains and tension. Body aches, arm and legs feel wrestless. I can't get a solid night of sleep. Constantly either up to go to the bathroom or rolling over from side to side. Slight swelling here and there in my feet and hands. Heartburn is back. Just ALOT of different things. 

Is this normal?  I didn't think that those issues started until you were at least 30 weeks along.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: when did your discomfort start?

• Not yet... (knock on wood!)

I don't sleep super great at night, but honestly thats about it. I really can't complain.

"If every word I said, could make you laugh - I'd talk forever".
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My constant waking at night began pretty early, but I didn't start to get really uncomfortable with it until around week 33 or 34. I am now up on average of 4 times a night, and I have to switch sides I lay on every time I'm up. I still sleep, but it's definitely painful. Other than that I haven't had too many other discomforts, although at 4 days overdue, I'm ready for this baby to get here. Maybe bring it up to your doc at your next appt? GL! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 37 DH: 38 
    BFP #1 3/17/11 - DS born 12/4/11
    TFAS Dec 2013
    BFP #2 - 3/23/14 - CP 3/26/14
    BFP #3 - 8/20/14 - Natural Miscarriage 9/22/14
    BFP #4 - 1/28/15 - DS2 born 10/13/15
    Surprise BFP# 5 - 9/2/16 - Due 5/13/17

• Loading the player...
  • imagekatie0919:
    My constant waking at night began pretty early, but I didn't start to get really uncomfortable with it until around week 33 or 34. I am now up on average of 4 times a night, and I have to switch sides I lay on every time I'm up. I still sleep, but it's definitely painful. Other than that I haven't had too many other discomforts, although at 4 days overdue, I'm ready for this baby to get here. Maybe bring it up to your doc at your next appt? GL! 

This is me.  At about 34 weeks I started to get uncomfortable....and I don't recall feeling like this at any point when I was pregnant with dd.

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've started to get a little uncomfortable walking around a lot.  Like when we were at the mall this past weekend, I felt like sitting down more than normal.  I'm also starting to get a little uncomfortable sitting at my desk all day, lower back area seems to get a little achy.
  • I went through periods of discomfort from about 25 weeks on, nothing severe but episodes of back/hip pain, and I have had to get up several times a night to pee since 2nd tri.  I felt overall pretty good and I honestly felt great from week 35-37.

I am now 39 weeks and the REAL discomfort started about halfway through week 38.  I have been having nausea, heartburn, just feel so incredibly huge and uncomfortable and my back has been hurting off and on.  And I have had no energy at all. And BH are more frequent and uncomfortable as well.

• Last week I started getting uncomfortable when I sit, he gets up under my ribs and it's painful. As far as sleeping, I've been up 4-5 times a night for a while now! Of course before I was pregnant I was up 1-2 times anyway!

Married my best friend 5/2/2008
    TTC our first miracle since November 2010
    BFP 3/16/2011 Chemical Pregnancy 3/20/2011

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • it's different for everyone for sure.

with my first baby i was uncomfortable WAYYY before i was with this pregnancy.  like 3+ months before... LOL.  i just got uncomfortable last week.  not too much longer to go!

GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

{forever remembered and missed my sweet babe}

*m/c 10/10/10 - 7w0d*

• I *thought* I was uncomfortable by about 35 weeks.  But I didn't know true discomfort until this past week. 
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• I started getting really uncomfortable right around then.  My main complaint is that where baby is positioned is causing me upper back pain and pain in my ribs... 

BabyFruit Ticker
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I hate that everyone is in discomfort. But I'm also glad that It's not just me worrying about it too much. 

I've just noticed some things are getting harder. It's starting to get harder to tie my shoes and bend over to pick something off the floor. If i'm on my feet for longer than like 20 min my back starts to hurt.....it's just crazy

For those of you that are farther along and more miserable than I, I'm sorry. It will be over for you guys though before it will me and women who are around 28 weeks. That's a positive.

Thank you ladies for sharing. and everyone else keep them coming if you feel this is you :) 

• Probably around 33-34 weeks when I started to feel like I was doing 1,000 splits every day, I'm assuming that is SPD. But other than that, I feel fine! Some back aches and some minor cramping, nothing too crazy.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have been feeling pretty good up until this week.  I get pelvic pain sometimes, don't sleep through the night, and H ties my shoes, but I haven't been super uncomfortable.   Then little Lucia found her way into my ribs 2 days ago, and I have been in pain ever since.  I can't imagine doing this for 12 more weeks, or having her get any bigger in her current position!  I'm hoping it's temporary....
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• For me real discomfort started about 28 weeks....I wonder how cranky I will be by the end of this. Poor DH
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • It all depends on the individual pregnancy.  With DD I started getting horribly uncomfortable at 34 weeks and I went into labor with her at 35.  With DS I am yet to feel uncomfortable so I have a sneaking suspicion he will stay in there until evicted. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMollySm:
    I have been feeling pretty good up until this week.  I get pelvic pain sometimes, don't sleep through the night, and H ties my shoes, but I haven't been super uncomfortable.   Then little Lucia found her way into my ribs 2 days ago, and I have been in pain ever since.  I can't imagine doing this for 12 more weeks, or having her get any bigger in her current position!  I'm hoping it's temporary....

I feel for you. I've heard that hurts soooo bad. My DD had kicked me in the ribs a few times and that was just as sharp of a pain as the contractions were. I could only imagine what it would be like to have them nestled right under your ribs. I hope that its temp. too :)  

• I am 27 weeks and just started getting really uncomfortable in the last week. I am on my feet all day at work and I think that is a huge factor, but I am having lower back pain, hip pain, swelling, nausea, cramping, heartburn.. you name it! In the last couple of days I've been feeling like she is crowning because of all of the pressure and swelling "down there" ... it is quite miserable! I go to the doctor next week and I'm wondering if I tell my doctor about all of this she will put me on bed rest? What do you ladies think?
  • Honestly, about two weeks after the positive pregnancy test.  The morning sickness and cramps started, and I have had a lot of discomfort since.  Sure the morning sickness only lasted a couple of months, but I have had cramps and ligament pain the whole pregnancy.  OB said that some women are just like that.  Actually, the second trimester was the worst and most painful for the growing pains, but at twenty some weeks my back started to hurt if I stood for a while.  A few weeks ago I got a little swelling if I was my feet a lot.  Then the varicose and spider veins started.  I have to pee a lot.  I get more frequent headaches and ever since October I have been congested.  My allergist says it is rhinitis of pregnancy and I think it gets a bit worse every weeks.  I had to start using an inhaler sometimes. And the heart burn is starting now too.  My breasts are getting more tender-- they were best in the second trimester.  I get legs cramps, I am getting more tired every day and my memory gets worse all the time. 

This whole time has been surprisingly uncomfortable and painful to me.  And I haven't had many complications, just some high blood pressure.  I did prenatal yoga, etc.  I think it just depends on the person-- some women seem fine to run up steps at 40 weeks, I had a friend like that.  Other people are like me and think the whole thing is surprisingly uncomfortable. 

• Around week 32. At 35 weeks (tomorrow) it has got worse as the weeks pass. I'm still fairly comfortable during the day, but rolling over in bed, hoisting myself in/out of bed, feeling the crazy full bladder SUCKS!
  • imageLHollow1:
    I am 27 weeks and just started getting really uncomfortable in the last week. I am on my feet all day at work and I think that is a huge factor, but I am having lower back pain, hip pain, swelling, nausea, cramping, heartburn.. you name it! In the last couple of days I've been feeling like she is crowning because of all of the pressure and swelling "down there" ... it is quite miserable! I go to the doctor next week and I'm wondering if I tell my doctor about all of this she will put me on bed rest? What do you ladies think?

It is very possible that they might. It just depends. 

I know with my DD for the last month in a half that I carried her, she lay really low on my pelvic bone. I had alot of pressure. Could barely even squat down to pick anything up. For 2.5 weeks before i had her I was dilated at 2.  

It really just depends. I hope that you get it figured out :) good luck! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"