Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

2 questions, those who had an epidural and sttn diaper change?

Ok, it feels like I have a million questions this week.  First, those who had an epidural, does your lower back still hurt or stay sore?  mine does, but my birth story is long and herindous.  Second, for those with LOs sttn or close to it, what kind of diapers are you using?  If I put DS down around 8 or 9  he HAS to have a diaper change, he pees so much!  We use size 2 swaddlers, we went up a size( he is 14lbs).   We tried baby dry and the urine leaked out the back of the diaper one night.  When he does start to sleep through the night I dont want to have to disturb him due to this...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 2 questions, those who had an epidural and sttn diaper change?

• Options
    I had an epidural and no, my back doesn't hurt. As for the diapers I am probably not help, since we do CD. I just put an extra insert and that works great.
  • Options

I had a spinal block (similar) for c-sect and I dont have any pain.

As for diapers, swaddlers always made DS's clothes damp... hated them. We use baby dry and like them a lot better. Huggies were by far the worst, couldnt even pee once without leaking. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Went natural so not much help with the first but LO sleeps through the night and we use Luvs. They are HUGE (and heavy!) in the morning but we haven't had a leak yet, knock on wood!
  • Options

imagehsal:
    Went natural so not much help with the first but LO sleeps through the night and we use Luvs. They are HUGE (and heavy!) in the morning but we haven't had a leak yet, knock on wood!

This exactly; I went natural also, so no help there but we love Luvs!  Never have we had a problem.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had an epidural and two blood patches, so I had a lot of back pain. I went to the emergency room one night because I had a fever with the pain, the doctor there told me that some have back pain for months after. I hope it gets better for you.
  • Options

I had an epidural & a spinal tap (long story) but I don't have any lower back pain.

We also use Luvs and have never had an issue on the few nights that DS had slept 11 hrs, they just get puffy and really heavy in the morning.  Walmart also sells "extra protection" version of Luvs that are supposed to be even more absorbant. I haven't tried those ones yet  I know some kids just pee a lot more, so you could also try overnight diapers....they are more expensive though.  Huggies & Pampers both make them.

BKP__Levi's One Year_0032_CDBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I had a spinal and I don't have pain from it.  My lower back hurts frequently,  but that happened before I was pregnant too. 

We use Luvs.  No pee leaks.  We CD during the day, but couldn't find a night time solution.  So, we use Luvs at night.  They work well and are cheap. 

I do find them to be heavily scented, but they don't irritate him.  

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options

Epidural- No pain here, now or before. I was in so much pain after birth, that I don't think I would have noticed any back pain anyway.

Diapers- Size 3 Pampers or Huggies. No leaks in either.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Med free so I can't answer the first.

We use Pampers. There are times DD will go 7 hours and it still won't leak.

• Options

imagenewbee36:
    I had an epidural and no, my back doesn't hurt. As for the diapers I am probably not help, since we do CD. I just put an extra insert and that works great.

This exactly...or wool cover over a prefold.

• Options

No, my back doesn't hurt. 

B's diapers leaked the night he started sleeping on his belly.  They sell inserts that just look like big overnight maxi pads you put in the regular diaper.  That's what we've been using and haven't had any leaks since.  We use Huggies.  They sell the inserts at BRU.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Yes, my back hurt occasionally after my epidural for probably the first couple months, but not pain since then.

So happy you asked about the diapers! That's what I was coming on today to ask. I will have to try Luvs or the inserts. We use Pampers and Huggies (I buy whatever I have coupons for!) Smile We never have daytime problems, but DD now sleeps 12 hours straight at night and we ALWAYS have a leak in the morning. And who wants to wake a sleeping baby just for a diaper change?! Not this momma.

nataliepic350 photo nataliepic350.jpg photo 099_zps0c6fc5c8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Do you think it's from the epidural or just low back pain?  Since your stomach muscles get all stretched out during pregnancy it corresponding will weaken your lower back.  So, many women find they have low back pain after birth because you're carrying the baby, baby carrier, laundry, etc and your stomach muscles aren't quite back to normal yet.

Additionally, epidural or not, you could also have broken your tailbone during labor which would then still hurt for quite a while after birth.  But, I think you would have felt that quite a bit in the early days right after the birth.

As for diapers,  we use the Swaddlers and he can wear one from 7:00 to 7:00 without any issues.  I hate the baby dry kind but I have bought the overnight Huggies or Pampers for my other kids.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"