January 2012 Moms

This is getting kind of ridiculous (slow board)

I've been resisting the FB group ... but I don't know anymore. this board is issuing its dying gasps.

It's 3pm (PST) and there are only 17 posts on the UO thread? (two of which are mine... )

what gives?

Sad days. Crying

Re: This is getting kind of ridiculous (slow board)

• if it makes you feel better i never participate in the UO thread LOL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • haha. it was just an example. usually that thing is two or three pages by the end of the day.

day...day..day...

see? an echo!

• Loading the player...
  • Yeah I think most everyone is on the FB group now! I get a notification every 2 minutes on there. I dunno why everybody left! It makes our board look lame :(
  • I've never been interested in the Facebook group but this place is a ghost town.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Agreed! Ive given up a little, and with the time difference, I'm not a lot of help.
  • I'm still not on the FB group. Don't really have much interest in it still.

If I wanted to be part of a FB Jan 2012 moms group, I would have searched one and joined or something, not make an spin-off group from one that was functioning just fine prior, but that's just me. 

That being said, I am part of a private FB mom's group where we biitch and moan and complain about kids, men, pregnancy, and share the crazy, super personal shiit that's happening with ourselves on a day to day basis and I'm also part of a forum-motion board (private as well) but I rarely participate there either. So I've kinda got enough to "take care of" online with those and my blog and keeping up with my twitter friends as well. 

but the things I participate most in? the ones that are most easily accessible from my phone.

the LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalms 34:18
    My Blog || BFP Chart
    11/27/10-BFP, EDD 8/9/11 || 1/4-7/10- missed m/c 9wks
    4/25/11- BFP , EDD 1/5/12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • See and I didn't even know there was a FB group, or what to look up for that matter. I like our January board here. its the only one I come to on this site.
  • imagejineau:
    See and I didn't even know there was a FB group, or what to look up for that matter. I like our January board here. its the only one I come to on this site.

It's certainly the best I've been involved with. I'm sad to see it disintegrate.

but I guess I can't complain too much, since I've been so busy and was offline all last week...

• whats the UO?

It is thursday, so some folks might still be at work. lol. Its 4:30pm here in Cali, give folks some time to get home and have dinner before you give up on us.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birthday
  • FB deserter here.  I do still come here every now and then.  For me, it's mostly because of how easy it is to post from my phone.  Granted I'm a teacher, so I'm not on much during the day on either site.  When I do get a break though I check on FB because I am actually able to respond from my phone.  Attempting to bump from my phone makes me want to bump my head into the wall.  And we're just talking regular responding.  Don't get me starting on uploading photos! Smile

And when I joined the FB group, I really didn't think of it as a spin-off group. Everyone is/was invited.  Some just chose not to join.  I'd think it more of a spin-off group if it was only available to a select few, which isn't the case.  

I do still post here.  It's just limited to when I can actually get on at home on the computer.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • FB deserter here too.  It's easy to get to know ppl on FB and it's so much faster.
  • I do agree it has been slow lately. I think it has to do more with the holidays creeping up. I know im busy planning a party for my family next weekend as well as doing (or trying to do) a deep clean of the house, getting baby stuff organized. Once babies actually come I think it will be busy again.
  • So how do I find the face book group???

my email is cassylsmith@hotmail.com some one send me an invite or link please.

• I agree with you.  I chose not to join the FB group because I'm paranoid about sharing my real name/picture with internet strangers.  I'm sure you're all trustworthy ladies, but I like the mask of a screenname, especially on UO and FFFC threads.

I think what's happening is we're in a lull.  Sure, we're getting to crunch time before the baby, but those of us with complication free pregnancies don't have anything new to talk about except what week we're on and the occassional family drama.  I admit I'm the type who prefers to comment on posts rather than make new topics myself, and there are probably others like me who prefer to lurk than start a discussion.

July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
  • imagelilnightmusic:
    As one of the deserters a lot of it has to do with the difference in connection- it's much easier to get to know someone when you see their face and real name, as well as the fact that we all seem to be a lot less judgey on there then we are on here (and I'm guilty, I'll flame a sn and hate on them via tb but then realize that I love them on fb and forgive them.)  Responses also happen quicker, our language isn't censored, and the nifty chat functions make it a lot more fun.  If it's not for you, I totally understand, but since it seems to work better for the majority of us that's where we'll be!  (And we have cookies.)

I agree with all of this 100%!  

image image

• See I was late to even join in the discussion on these boards and I had no idea that there was even a fb group.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagelamphele:
    See I was late to even join in the discussion on these boards and I had no idea that there was even a fb group.

Same here.  And as a PP mentioned I like that I'm anonymous here.  There are people on my fb that do not know I am pg, not that it's a secret per se, but I'm definitly not advertising it for personal reasons.  I like it here.

• I wasn't resisting the fb group or anything but I do miss when this board was busier. Can someone send me and invite to the fb group? My email is charity5115 at msn dot com. Thank you!
    Hayden Ellen 12/30/11 imageThe Plan The Dream
  • FB deserter here and I agree with what some of the others deserters have said in regards to why so many of us are choosing FB. I find it a lot easier to connect to people when I can see their faces and call them by their real names. Also, I know many of us feel more comfortable sharing things on FB because the group is private and is not public like TB. There are things that I would never post on TB for fear of someone I know seeing it, but on FB I feel safe posting.

I also think the real time aspect helps as well. Not to mention, TB never loads correctly on my phone and I cannot use my Swype function. I can easily post and upload pics to FB so it makes more sense for me to spend my time there. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP #1 5/07/11, DS 01/19/12
    BFP #2 08/09/12, M/C 08/10/12
    BFP #3 10/30/12, EDD 07/11/12...please stick!
  • PS I'm definitely not hating on the FB board! I post on both :) It is nice to have the personal real time aspect of the FB board. :)
  • imagelilnightmusic:
    (And we have cookies.)

Did someone say cookies?!?Surprise

Nia, Mom to Jayden Michael, Born 12/04/06, Adopted 12/07/06
    And Elias Parker, Born 3.5 weeks early 12/20/2011 image
    FINALLY!!! After 7 years of infertility! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMakinroom4baby:

imagelilnightmusic:
    (And we have cookies.)

Did someone say cookies?!?Surprise

right?? no one told me there were cookies over there!!  dammit!

Wink 

• I haven't gone to FB because FB in general has just pissed me off ever since they made all those changes a few weeks ago.  I'm just not intrested in FB anymore.  I check my FB maybe once a week now whereas I used to check it 2-3 times a day before all the changes.
  • In case it gets overlooked in the FB thread...can someone please send me an invite as well since I am now on bed rest and have more time on my hands...

jenduran3 at gmail dot com

Thanks! :)

Layla 01.08.12

Chloe and Vivian 07.23.13

My Gang.  Halloween 2013

• imageRaven0227:

FB deserter here.  I do still come here every now and then.  For me, it's mostly because of how easy it is to post from my phone.  Granted I'm a teacher, so I'm not on much during the day on either site.  When I do get a break though I check on FB because I am actually able to respond from my phone.  Attempting to bump from my phone makes me want to bump my head into the wall.  And we're just talking regular responding.  Don't get me starting on uploading photos! Smile

And when I joined the FB group, I really didn't think of it as a spin-off group. Everyone is/was invited.  Some just chose not to join.  I'd think it more of a spin-off group if it was only available to a select few, which isn't the case.  

I do still post here.  It's just limited to when I can actually get on at home on the computer.  

I'm with Raven! I still post here on occasion, however I am usually at work, or out and it's much easier to post to facebook from my phone.
    BFP #1 : 05.08.11 : EDD : 01.16.12 : DOB : 01.15.12
    BFP #2 : 12.26.12 : EDD : 09.08.13 : DOB : 09.03.13
  • Need invite email address is en.leonard at yahoo dot com
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    TTC since Jan '10 and five heavenly children
    May 13th= 1st Beta 325 (16DPO) & May 16th= 2nd Beta 1045
  • I tried to join the facebook group but I can't find it and no one seems to be able to add me or even care to add me.  It sucks.  I agree this place is dry.. rarely any posts going on here.  Babycentre us is way more active... maybe try over there.
  • I guess I feel the opposite of most women on here regarding the FB group. I like the bump because of its anonymity. I'm not the type to have hundreds of friends on FB. I limit my friend list to people I interact with regularly. I'm very wary of opening up all my private information to people I don't know (not that you ladies are crazy, but you never know...). 

Anyway, I'm not a regular poster but I'm a very regular lurker and this board has gotten very, very dull. It's a shame.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hmm reading this made me realize that since I have only been on the fb group for a long time, I haven't been able to see my cute siggy which is really the only thing I like better over here.
  • imageSmittyPants:

I guess I feel the opposite of most women on here regarding the FB group. I like the bump because of its anonymity. I'm not the type to have hundreds of friends on FB. I limit my friend list to people I interact with regularly. I'm very wary of opening up all my private information to people I don't know (not that you ladies are crazy, but you never know...). 

Anyway, I'm not a regular poster but I'm a very regular lurker and this board has gotten very, very dull. It's a shame.  

I agree! 

DS 5 years old
    DD 2 years old
    {Baby GIRL due 6.1}

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"