2nd Trimester

2nd time mommas and gender

Just curious if you are hoping for the same sex as your first or the opposite sex or does it not matter at all.

(i'm not talking gender disappointment if its one over the other, i'm just curious if you have even a slignt preference).

Most days I lean towards another girl - - - nothing against boys, its just that I grew up super close to my sisters and want the same for my DD.

Anyway, just curious.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: 2nd time mommas and gender

• imagecruelsound:
    I honestly don't care either way but, if I had to choose, I guess I'd go with a girl. This is going to be our last, so I'd like the experience of raising one of each. Even though the idea of a girl terrifies the piss out of me.

This exactly especially the "idea of a girl terrifies the piss out of me" part.  btw... just found out we're having a girl.  I'm stoked but scared shiitless!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I didn't care with #2, but was glad to end up with a boy and a girl. This time with #3, I can't deny I'm hoping for another girl ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My pg with DS was totally uneventful and I felt great. With this pg I felt completely different with morning sickness, exhaustion etc. So I was convinced I was pg with a girl. Turns out with are having a DS#2! Hooray! We really wanted another boy so DS#1 could have a brother but of course we would have been thrilled to have a girl. 

I am relieved to be saving so much money with already having boy clothes, toys and baby gear. Its going a relief to just re-use what we have.

Finding out the sex with round two I think was way more exciting because you already know what to expect with a newborn and everything isn't completely new.

No matter what, finding out is going to be great and super fun!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well I have 2 girls.  I am planning on the 3rd to be a girl to, however I hope it is a boy.  It would be fun to experience both, but will gladly have another girl!
    Alyssa born 6/14/05 at 8 lbs 2oz - Ashley born 3/27/10 at 6 lbs 13oz
    We had 2 years of IF trying to conceive #2 and one loss during that time. We are currently trying for #3! had another loss the end of June
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I loved the idea of DD having a sister, and relatively close in age.  Also, we had a girl's name that we just absolutely LOVE, (and no boy name).  But Dh and I both agreed, we had no real preference, but if we had to chose the  sex of the baby, we would both choose a boy.  But alas, it's another girl, and we are psyched!  :o)
    If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you. When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me. - Led Zeppelin
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    imageimage image
    Chemical Pregnancy 10/5/10
    BFP 2/7/11--m/c 2/12/11
    TTD pics taken by knottie jen&louie :o)
  • We already know we're having a boy this time but I was okay no matter which it was.  We plan to have one more :-)
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• We're fine with either since we're probably going to have a third, sometime in the future.  I'd love to have at least one boy, but I can't deny how awesome having a girl is.  :) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • We're kind of hoping for a boy- just because we have DD, we have no other girl names picked out, and this our last baby. But either way, we're just looking forward to seeing everything and making sure LO#2 is growing on schedule. DD didn't cooperate for us so we were Team Green for her.. hoping this one will give us a better look.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have a boy so I kind of hope this one is a girl. Although brothers would be really fun too. At the end of the day it doesnt REALLY matter but there is a part of me that would like to raise a girl too. I'll take what I get and be thankful either way!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would have loved having another girl but I feel lucky to be having a boy for three reasons:

1. We had a favorite girl and boy name and we get to use them! Our second boy/girl names were nice but we were not as excited about them as our first choices.

2. I get to experience everything! like Boyscouts and Girlscouts, I can shop on both sides of the kids store.

3. Some things will just be for my daughter, like clothing and pink girly toys and some things will just be for my son. They'll share the rest. 

Mother of  Sable Rene' & Clifton Michael
    Blog    Names
  • Before I had DD I probably would have said I wanted a boy. Now that I have DD, I think it would be really nice for her to have a sister. DH would prefer a boy because he is scared shiitless about having a teen daughter, let alone two.
  • Everyone says that when you are old and gray its your daughters that will take care of you.  Would love another boy but will really have to prepare myself if it is a girl.
  • I'm kinna hoping for a girl (I have stuff I'd like to pass down) but I'm feeling like it's a boy again.  DH is REALLY hoping for a girl (why, I'm not sure; I told him if it's a girl, the baby factory is closed & he wants 2 more after this!).
    Dylan Gabriel 04/29/10 Aiden Drake 04/28/12
  • I honestly do not care we are planning on having more children after this one anyways. However that being while we have some gender neutral clothes (we were team green and will be this time around as well) the clothes for later months as well as some for early months are all girl clothes. So it would just be easier and I would not have to go out and buy any clothes. But again it really do not care as long as my baby is happy and healthy.
  • We have 2 boys already. Currently pregnant. Wouldnt mine another boy (thats what I know). But a girl would be nice too till she is about 8 yrs old!! lolol ... Wink

• lolol!! Heard the opposite re being old. They say boys will look after their mom's well into old age.... But of course every child is different. I love the comment preparing for a girl. I feel the sameway since we have 2boys already... Surprise

• I'm on my third and honestly have no preference this time! Either would be something different for me. A boy would be different because I have two girls already BUT having a 3rd girl would be a change because I grew up with a younger sister and brother so I know the two girls and a boy dynamic, so the three girls dynamic would be new and fun too.

With my 2nd, I really did want a girl. My first two are 16.5 months apart and I wanted DD1 to have a little sister close in age to her and now she does :) I would've been super happy with a boy too though. 

DC1 (2.5) | DC2 (1) | #3 due 6.1.2012
  • I didn't care either way.. and now I am really happy that we will have 2 boys and DS#1 will have a brother :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am finding out tomorrow. I haven't really had a "feeling" this time around. Already have a DD, and she is so wonderful I would be thrilled to have another girl. My DH really wants a son and this is our last... but the idea of a boy scares the crap out of me!! I wouldn't even know what to do with a boy!

For me- I would prefer another daughter.

For my DH- I wish for a boy for him.

But really either is wonderful!!

BabyFruit Ticker, Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We are having a girl this time and are really excited since we already have a boy.  However, I do also think it would have been really fun to have two brothers fairly close in age.  I think DH is the one that had the greater preference, he has always said he wants one of each.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Each day I go back and forth. Some days it's a girl, because I would love to have a little girly girl like me. And then some days it is a boy, so DS would have a best buddy and I feel more prepared to have another boy, only because I have had one already.

I just hope this little one is healthy and happy. Can't wait to hold them for the first time. I think that is what I am looking the most forward to. 

• I have a boy already.  I really wanted a girl.  I was upset the day I found out we are having a boy again, but now I'm looking forward to it.  Especially since my boy is so damn cute.
  • I can't decide what I would rather have, which is great because I won't be dissapointed. Two boys would be great because they would be each others best friend, but a girl would be great because I would have one of each. Either way I will be happy. Yes, the thought of a teenage girl scares me, but thats because I was a lil sh!t, so hopefully my daugter would not take after me.
  • I don't care as long as the baby is health.  However if I had to choose, I would go with a boy only because I know DH wants one so badly.  We will find out soon enough!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I really want another girl. And I have no problem admitting that I'll be sad for a minute or two if it reveals a boy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"