3rd Trimester

So how much can amniotic fluid levels fluctuate?

In my previous post I commented that my fluid levels were down from 10-12 last week to 5-6 this week.  How much can these levels fluctuate?  My appointment was early this morning and I'd only had a glass of water in the past 12 hours.  Is it possible to have better levels on Thursday when I go back or will they most likely stay where they are?  I haven't noticed any leaking or anything.  I really didn't think my fluid levels would be the determining factor for this kid to make its early appearance!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: So how much can amniotic fluid levels fluctuate?

• With identical twins, amniotic fluid levels is something they watch really closely with me. They've never given me numbers so I don't know how much mine fluctuate, but every appointment they stress how important it is for me to drink a ton of water. I generally try to drink 12-15 glasses of water/beverages a day.

ETA: I just realized that your appointment was first thing in the morning. I've had most of my ultrasounds at 8am, and I'd say generally in the 12 hours prior to that I would have drank 4-5 cups of water, mostly in the 8-10pm time range the night before. I don't know if that would have any kind of an impact, but I would definitely try to drink more before your next appointment. Good luck! 

• imageJen0204:

With identical twins, amniotic fluid levels is something they watch really closely with me. They've never given me numbers so I don't know how much mine fluctuate, but every appointment they stress how important it is for me to drink a ton of water. I generally try to drink 12-15 glasses of water/beverages a day.

ETA: I just realized that your appointment was first thing in the morning. I've had most of my ultrasounds at 8am, and I'd say generally in the 12 hours prior to that I would have drank 4-5 cups of water, mostly in the 8-10pm time range the night before. I don't know if that would have any kind of an impact, but I would definitely try to drink more before your next appointment. Good luck! 

Okay, I promise!  =)  Thanks and GL to you! 

• Loading the player...
  • I had a sonogram tech tell me that between 8 and 20 was normal. I have no idea if this is accurate or not.
    Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I do know into your 3rd tri your LO makes/controls most of the levels at this point, you can make a slight change to it by drinking water or eating more protein/veggies (less sugar and carbs if your levels are high) But baby takes over for the most part. Unlike in the beginning when you are mostly in control by water intake. Ill check with my girlfriend, she is a high risk sonographer and does all my scans.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagekerischrader:
    I do know into your 3rd tri your LO makes/controls most of the levels at this point, you can make a slight change to it by drinking water or eating more protein/veggies (less sugar and carbs if your levels are high) But baby takes over for the most part. Unlike in the beginning when you are mostly in control by water intake. Ill check with my girlfriend, she is a high risk sonographer and does all my scans.

Okay, thanks!  I'll check back tomorrow. 

• Mine has been from 9 to 15 to 8 to 13 (and in between) in the last few weeks. Definitely drink as much water as you can manage.
        image  image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"