3rd Trimester
Options

Vent: want to kill my husband!

Ok maybe not literally, but he is seriously driving me to the edge! We just went on vacation to visit family for the holidays and I seem to have contracted the worst cold I've had in ages (nasty running nose, chest congestion on top of the fact that I can't breathe with baby on my lungs, ear ache, you know - the works). I'm working from home today because I was worried about bringing this cold to work and risk getting my coworkers sick.

My husband, who is currently sitting around watching TV while I'm trying to work, says "well you really don't seem that sick" and "I've seen you much worse." 

AHH!!! KILL! I have to lean so far back in my office chair just so I can catch my breath I feel like he could at least try, in whatever sympathetic quarters of his brain actually exist, to understand what it feels like to be nearly 8 months pregnant, congested and exhausted. 

Sorry for the vent. I'm not the type of person that craves or needs constant reassuring or sympathy - some common courtesy would do quite nicely. Is anyone else dealing with a husband or partner who is completely clueless? 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Vent: want to kill my husband!

• Options

Sorry you're not feeling well. Do you have any lotions with peppermint or spearmint in them? They're great at clearing out your sinuses and such.

As for your H, sit on his chest and have him try to breathe. That's about what it feels like to be 8 months along and have a nasty cold.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker BFP 04/15/2011; M/C 04/21/2011 Sleep with Jesus sweet baby.
  • Options
    imageZoeyMarie:

Sorry you're not feeling well. Do you have any lotions with peppermint or spearmint in them? They're great at clearing out your sinuses and such.

As for your H, sit on his chest and have him try to breathe. That's about what it feels like to be 8 months along and have a nasty cold.

Exactly that. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

haha! TY for that, I needed a good laugh!

And peppermint sounds heavenly right now. Heating up some peppermint tea that I had long forgotten about, great idea. :) 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I got some nasal spray called sinus buster that I've used twice now during pregnancy. There arent any actual drugs in it but it worked pretty well.Check with your doctor to be sure.
    I'd be annoyed at DH too!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry that you're not feeling well.  Hopefully you can get some rest today & feel better soon.  Maybe he was saying that to make you feel good even though you were sick.  Who knows, that would be something some of my co-workers would say... good thing you took the day off!!!
  • Options

imagepurpletulip:
    I got some nasal spray called sinus buster that I've used twice now during pregnancy. There arent any actual drugs in it but it worked pretty well.Check with your doctor to be sure.
    I'd be annoyed at DH too!

I will look into it! Just stocked up on mint tea and it's at least helping me to breath :)  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imagejaypay8895:
    Sorry that you're not feeling well.  Hopefully you can get some rest today & feel better soon.  Maybe he was saying that to make you feel good even though you were sick.  Who knows, that would be something some of my co-workers would say... good thing you took the day off!!!

TY and you are right, he was only trying to focus on the positive (after I talked to him about it). Not sure why, but this cold seems like it brought the emotional state I've been in today today. I'm glad I took the day off too - I actually stepped into the office this morning hoping that it might pass but left quickly after I noticed my coworkers squirming around me :)

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"