3rd Trimester

Night before 3 hour Glucose test?

Does it matter what I eat? I know that after midnight I have to fast, but didn't know if what I ate before will effect the test. 

Re: Night before 3 hour Glucose test?

• I just ate what I would normally eat before I done mine. I didn't change anything and mine came back fine. Goodluck!

Daisypath - (fpox)Lilypie - (cr8G)  Lilypie - (jTpT)Lilypie - (LZoT)
    Started Dating DH 09/03/2009 Married 07/01/2011 
    Surprise BFP 10/18/2008 EDD 06/19/2009 DS #1 Born 06/16/2009
    TTC #2 12/2010 BFP 05/15/2011 EDD 01/09/2012 DS #2 Born 01/11/2012
    DH adopted DS #1 06/25/2012
    TTC #3 06/2013 BFP 02/19/2014 EDD 10/30/2014 DS #3 Born 10/10/2014

• just try to watch your carbs the night before. My fasting after 13 hours was 95 which set me up for complete and utter failure lol. But it all depends. We knew i wouldnt pass good luck
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a High Protein, low sugar/carbs dinner the night before my 3hr test
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker

Anniversary

imageimage

I'm a Dork. I Can't Wait for Dumb and Dumber To!

ME 28 - DH 30 ♥♥Married 7/25/2009♥♥
    Father's Day 2014 - 6/15/14 BFP!
    DD Born 12/8/2011 I Love my Mini-Me

• imageiandebender:
    I had a High Protein, low sugar/carbs dinner the night before my 3hr test

This! Good luck 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have my 1 hour tomorrow so I'm doing the same thing.  I've tried to be careful about carbs all day (and sugar) but I wanted yogurt so I went to the froyo place and got the sugar free and low fat vanilla but I added cookie dough (6 chunks) and the little bead things that burst so that was my last treat of the day.  That was about 2 oclock so for the rest of the day I'm sticking with fruits, and protein if possible.

And tomorrow morning since my test isn't until 11 I'm going to eat scrambled eggs with cheese and maybe a slice of bacon or something if we have some.  Then I won't eat again until after my appointment/blood draw so that will be from 7ish until 11ish.  3 hours before I even drink the stuff so I'm not too worried...should I be?

• 4 hours not 3.  Apparently I can't do math.
  • imagesapphirebride06:

I have my 1 hour tomorrow so I'm doing the same thing.  I've tried to be careful about carbs all day (and sugar) but I wanted yogurt so I went to the froyo place and got the sugar free and low fat vanilla but I added cookie dough (6 chunks) and the little bead things that burst so that was my last treat of the day.  That was about 2 oclock so for the rest of the day I'm sticking with fruits, and protein if possible.

And tomorrow morning since my test isn't until 11 I'm going to eat scrambled eggs with cheese and maybe a slice of bacon or something if we have some.  Then I won't eat again until after my appointment/blood draw so that will be from 7ish until 11ish.  3 hours before I even drink the stuff so I'm not too worried...should I be?

Be careful with the fruits... they contain a lot of sugar! I think you will be just fine, though. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you pass, and you keep your fingers crossed that I pass! :-) 

• I'm doing a 2 hour test and the only directions I was given was to fast for 10-12 hours prior to the test.  I don't know if there's a difference between the 2 and the 3 hour test in regards to what you should eat the night before.
  • Not sure if the 3 hour test is different than the 1 hr but I had my 1 hr today and when I told the nurse that I hadnt eaten at all before my 10:00 appt., she told me that I just needed to not eat anything an hour before my appt. time.  (Kinda dangerous to tell a pregnant hungry woman that she went hungry for nothing, lol)  Good Luck!
    Proud mommy to dd's Sarah & Kaylin & Abby bonus sons Trae & Trevor
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Doesnt matter what you eat before the 3 hour, thats why you have to fast. Had mine today, good luck to you. I felt like I was going to throw up the entire time! Not fun
  • For my one hour test I did not have to fast. But for the three hour I have to fast after midnight...including no water. Plus, no eating or drinking during the 3 hours of testing. I'm hoping that I'm not a complete monster because of hunger after 15 hours of nothing on my tummy except that sugary drink. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"