2nd Trimester

Glucose Test? When did u have it?

I am 24 weeks now and just read around 24 weeks is when they do the glucose test. My OB did not order it at my last visit which was at 22 weeks. Does anyone know what the month range is to have it done? I am wondering if they forgot and I should call them. My next appt isn't until 12-12 which is the start of my third trimester. I will be over 26 weeks. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Glucose Test? When did u have it?

• I can't remember with my DD, but with my DS it was around 27 weeks.  I remember them telling me they usually do it at 28 weeks, but I was moving out of the state and wanted to get it done before we left. 

ETA:  I just looked at my doctor's website, and it says they do it between 27-28 weeks.  I think you're good!  :)

imageimageimage
  • My OB does it at 28 weeks.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I will have mine at my next appointment, I think I will be around 24 weeks. I would call and check so you can be prepared. I have to wait a half an hour after drinking the stuff to have my blood taken.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I will have mine at 26 weeks, my sister just had hers at 28 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks ladies, I feel better now. I was hoping I could wait until Christmas break to have it done. (I am a teacher) I can't for the life of me remember when I had it done with my son!
  • I'm having mine done at 24 weeks.
  • My OB told me 26-28 weeks.
  • Mine was at 26-weeks.  My OB prerfers to do them between 26-28 weeks.  If I were you I would call and ask, they might want ou to do it at your next appointment and if they want you to fast you need to be prepared.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • I'll be 26 weeks, 3 days.
  • I'm at 26 weeks, and just had my lab work done Friday & my appointment is on Tuesday.  Our lab work facility is in the same building as our OB and they said the results would be ready for our Tuesday appointment. 
  • Taking mine thurs. I'll be 26 w 6days

• Mine is Tuesday, which will be 25 and a half weeks.
  • Mine is a week from Tuesday. I will be 27w.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • the doctors in my area do it at 28 weeks
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Very generally it's before the third trimester, so anytime between 24-28 weeks is normal. I actually was pretty ticked about the lab regarding this test. My midwife said I didn't have to drink the glucola, but to drink 50 grams of sugar via whatever juice I wanted and arrive an hour after drinking it. I came before my appointment and the lab was busy, so I asked if they were backed up when I handed them my paperwork. They said no, and told me to have a seat. Well, I guess they were pretty busy because by the time they called me up they  were questioning me about when I finished drinking. Because it was 20 minutes past the hour when I finished the juice they said they couldn't draw my lab. Apparently there is a 15 minute window and I was told I would have to do it again. Naturally, I was pretty annoyed since I had to consume 16 oz of juice and drive 20 minutes to get to the lab. If I had to drink the glucola twice I would have told them there was no way I was doing this test again - the missed my window. Just an FYI if you have an office that has you take the glucola solution home with you, which is how my office handles it regardless if you drink juice like me or the nasty glucola. Sorry to rant, but the tests are getting on my nerves just a touch.
    Mrs. B Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageclarks415:
    I am 24 weeks now and just read around 24 weeks is when they do the glucose test. My OB did not order it at my last visit which was at 22 weeks. Does anyone know what the month range is to have it done? I am wondering if they forgot and I should call them. My next appt isn't until 12-12 which is the start of my third trimester. I will be over 26 weeks. 

I had 2. My first one was at 14 weeks and my reading was high. I had to have a 3 hour GTT and found out i have gestational diabetes. I do not have to take meds just watch what I eat. Here's the deal though they make everyone no mater age or weight or height take the same amount of glucose and same test. I do not believe I'm diabetic but for my drs I check my reading every day! It is very normal and I still eat the things I ate before the test. Its really up to you.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Doc told me 28 weeks.
  • i had mine done at 24 weeks
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageclarks415:

If I'm not mistaken, I had mine done at 28 and 29 weeks last time (I failed the 1-hour and had to do the 3-hour).

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had mine at 24 weeks, but I believe anywhere from 24-28 is normal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"