December 2011 Moms
Options

Horrible Acid Indigestion

Anyone have any tricks to help with this horrible heartburn/acid indigestion? I can't wait til this baby is out so it can get better! And b/c I can't wait to meet her :) So excited! Big Smile
BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker

Anniversary

imageimage

I'm a Dork. I Can't Wait for Dumb and Dumber To!

ME 28 - DH 30 ♥♥Married 7/25/2009♥♥
Father's Day 2014 - 6/15/14 BFP!
DD Born 12/8/2011 I Love my Mini-Me

Re: Horrible Acid Indigestion

• Options
    I take 1 Tums after each meal and really cold milk also helps.  I was up last night for an hour with it.  I don't think it's going away completely until this baby gets here.
  • Options
    The only answer I have is to really watch what you eat. Aviod chocolate, milk, citrus, tomatoes...basically anything acidic, Eat a bland supper early so you can sleep, and don't drink anything before bed. Tell your doc and she can give you a perscription. I take protonix and it takes the pain away (but not the vomiting). Good luck!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageiluvmylab:
    I take 1 Tums after each meal and really cold milk also helps.  I was up last night for an hour with it.  I don't think it's going away completely until this baby gets here.

Good suggestions.  Milk seems to be the only thing that helps me, and I don't care for it much.  I have been drinking a ton though!  I also have to start the night off sleeping with several pillows behind me to stay elevated because it's the worst for me at night.  I keep tums by my bed and use them as needed through the night.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Milk tears me apart. If I have milk I will be up all night vomiting. You really have to find the combination that works for you. Good luck!

• Options
    My Dr gave me the OK to take Prilosec OTC and it's saved my life.  I still have the reflux at night sometimes but nowhere near what I was experiencing. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

It sounds really strange but a tbsp of apple cider vinegar and drinking water after taking it really helps.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 4/9/09 - Chloe, our angel twin Lilypie First Birthday tickers>
  • Options

Milk is the only thing that helps me. I also take Tums but they don't do much.

It really is terrible though. Blegh.

• Options
    My doctor told me to take a swig of Maalox when it gets bad. For me it causes diarrhea (yeah probably tmi) so I only have some when the acid is REALLY bad. Other than that milk seems to help a little too. 
  • Options
    24 hr prevacid, every other day. i got to the point where i couldn't even drink water. yuck.
    Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"