1st Trimester

Rude Comments!!

I know being pregnant will bring alot of attention - good and bad. Little old ladies might come up to you with sweet advice and good luck wishes, others will zip by on a bike and yell "CALL JENNY" (truth - happened to my 7 months pregnant friend yesterday!!) O.O

So Im 10 weeks along and I experienced my first ignorant comment from a woman.

For starters, Im Not showing, however im also not a size 2. I get that. I accept that. I will probably get really big and struggle to loose it later. Tis life. :) but its worth it in the end.

Ignorant Person: " So Michelle, I hear your expecting. When are you due?" "Late June." "Oh, okay, and I see your getting really big already!"

... ... ...

*DO THE MATH B!#&%!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Talk about ruining my whole day. Worst part.. I was so dumbstruck by her comment I was unable to come up with a comeback! ACK!

Anyone else getting HORRIBLE comments?! Yikes!

~?~ Chellezy ~?~ Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Cat tickers

Re: Rude Comments!!

• my ignorant b!tch of an aunt asked me if it was planned.

no. we're just both 27, and have been married for a year and a half. WTF DO YOU THINK? 

• People are so dumb. Sorry you had to deal with dumb people. 
    imageimageimage Praying for a healthy baby! BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • idk! i had a teacher ask how far i was, "3 months" i was like, no 7 weeks. lol.. i'm just really bloated!

yah your friends comment was just A LITTLE ridiculous. unfortunetly, too many people speak before they think their comment through these days. no one has really said anything to me, but i LOVE IT when i get funny looks when i go up stairs at school and i'm completely winded by the time i get to the top. i just imagine this must be what its like to be morbidly obese, everything takes your breath away, heart races after the smallest bit of activety, being starving all the time, cant poop, people looking at you with daggers in their eyes when you go up stares.

i just want to say, "hey, i'm pregnant and my body is making twice its normal amount of blood, and i require more oxygen, ***!" LOL!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm sorry you had to deal with that. I think whenever someone sees a pregnant woman their IQ automatically drops and stupid questions just flow out. I have had so many people ask me dumb questions. My Aunt asked me why I wasn't getting an elective C Section because "it was so much safer for my child." (Keep in mind this is my first, I'm healthy, and she knows I want to do natural) My mother keeps asking me questions about different aspects of the religion I'll be teaching my baby. The dumb questions go on and on. Problem is every time I answer them I get walked all over because it's not "how they would do it."
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • UGH!  Im sorry!! With DS some lady stopped me in the pasta aisle at the grocery store and told me to "lay off the pasta" because I was "getting a belly". Really?!
    Its hard with the hormones, but I just try to shrug it off.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageGhostMonkey:
    imagegenkidesu:

my ignorant b!tch of an aunt asked me if it was planned.

no. we're just both 27, and have been married for a year and a half. WTF DO YOU THINK? 

WTF does that have to do with anything? My friend was almost 30 when her son was born, her husband 39. They had been married for about 3 years when she got pregnant. Extremely unplanned pregnancy.

its just rude. thats all.. "was it planned?" people have asked me that, i dont get offended, because its usually at school and since i'll be graduating right after i give birth... its kind of perfect timing. i like to tell people that we had decided to "let nature take its coarse" but we just didnt expect nature to work so quickly. LOL. which is the truth.

the point is, your friend who is 30 and has been married for 3 years, they may not have expected to have children, but i guarentee it came up in conversation before it happened.. married people have these discussions, single people dont. haha thats the point.. its just like 90% more likely that it was planned, having been married. that is why most people get married, to start a family.

• imagecrae04:
    UGH!  Im sorry!! With DS some lady stopped me in the pasta aisle at the grocery store and told me to "lay off the pasta" because I was "getting a belly". Really?!
    Its hard with the hormones, but I just try to shrug it off.

WTF!! Who does this!!!!???? People are ridiculous.

Brittany (brittk0486)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest

• imageGhostMonkey:
    imagePrincessMenace:
    imageGhostMonkey:
    imagegenkidesu:

WTF does that have to do with anything? My friend was almost 30 when her son was born, her husband 39. They had been married for about 3 years when she got pregnant. Extremely unplanned pregnancy.

its just rude. thats all.. "was it planned?" people have asked me that, i dont get offended, because its usually at school and since i'll be graduating right after i give birth... its kind of perfect timing. i like to tell people that we had decided to "let nature take its coarse" but we just didnt expect nature to work so quickly. LOL. which is the truth.

the point is, your friend who is 30 and has been married for 3 years, they may not have expected to have children, but i guarentee it came up in conversation before it happened.. married people have these discussions, single people dont. haha thats the point.. its just like 90% more likely that it was planned, having been married. that is why most people get married, to start a family.

Oh, agreed that it is rude and none of their business. But her insinuation that because they were married for a year and a half that it must have clearly planned been is dumb.

You win this for the day.

And I never said it didn't come up with my friend. My point was that just because people are married doesn't mean they are going to start trying to shiit a kid instantly. That may have been your reason for getting married, but to even try to claim it is everyone's (or even 90% of the population's) reason for getting married is also pretty dumb as well. We could have easily had children without getting married. That had nothing to do with our decision, and that is true for many couples.

LOL! you must not be married. i hate to burst your bubble, but people making the decision to get married, is actually starting a new family, whether they add children to it or not.

if you are going to quote me, do it correctly  (or even 90% of the population's)... ???? i think it is you who is "dumb" and rude.

• imageGhostMonkey:
    imagePrincessMenace:
    imageGhostMonkey:
    imagegenkidesu:

Oh, agreed that it is rude and none of their business. But her insinuation that because they were married for a year and a half that it must have clearly planned been is dumb.

And I never said it didn't come up with my friend. My point was that just because people are married doesn't mean they are going to start trying to shiit a kid instantly. That may have been your reason for getting married, but to even try to claim it is everyone's (or even 90% of the population's) reason for getting married is also pretty dumb as well. We could have easily had children without getting married. That had nothing to do with our decision, and that is true for many couples.

LOL! you must not be married. i hate to burst your bubble, but people making the decision to get married, is actually starting a new family, whether they add children to it or not.

if you are going to quote me, do it correctly  (or even 90% of the population's)... ???? i think it is you who is "dumb" and rude.

• imageChellezy:

I know being pregnant will bring alot of attention - good and bad. Little old ladies might come up to you with sweet advice and good luck wishes, others will zip by on a bike and yell "CALL JENNY" (truth - happened to my 7 months pregnant friend yesterday!!) O.O

For starters, Im Not showing, however im also not a size 2. I get that. I accept that. I will probably get really big and struggle to loose it later. Tis life. :) but its worth it in the end.

Ignorant Person: " So Michelle, I hear your expecting. When are you due?" "Late June." "Oh, okay, and I see your getting really big already!"

... ... ...

Talk about ruining my whole day. Worst part.. I was so dumbstruck by her comment I was unable to come up with a comeback! ACK!

At my family's T-day lunch, EVERYONE kept rubbing my belly and then ask me how far along I am. When I replied with 9 weeks, they quickly removed their hand and looked embarrased.

Yup, that's all meeeee! lol I'm a bit bloated but for the most part, I started gaining weight back in July after I found out I had a miscarriage...this is not baby weight. It's pity weight. lol

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Embarrassed
    imagecallyharrison91:
    imageChellezy:

... ... ...

At my family's T-day lunch, EVERYONE kept rubbing my belly and then ask me how far along I am. When I replied with 9 weeks, they quickly removed their hand and looked embarrased.

Yup, that's all meeeee! lol I'm a bit bloated but for the most part, I started gaining weight back in July after I found out I had a miscarriage...this is not baby weight. It's pity weight. lol

awwwee! i'm sorry! can you say.. akwaaaaard!? it is kind of funny, though..i have to say, as a girl who is 11 weeks and looks 5 months already, i 'm there with yah! :) we should think up some standard witty response for that.. like, "yep, its just poop in there." haha make them feel just as akward. LMAO.. idk. hang in there.

• imagecallyharrison91:

OMG, me too. I miscarried at the end of June, lost my 3 or 4 lbs I gained with the pregnancy... and then gained 10. And I swear, I just gained 10 on my tummy so it looks like I'm more pregnant than I am. 

It's not a *rude* comment, but it still makes me sad when people are like, "Oh, you're showing!" Yep. At eight weeks. Just call me Bella.

BabyFruit Ticker

July 3rd, 2012 ~ Hang in there sweetheart, we can't wait to meet you!

• imagePrincessMenace:
    imageGhostMonkey:
    imagePrincessMenace:
    imageGhostMonkey:
    imagegenkidesu:

Bwahahaha! You're calling her dumb and rude, (which she did not call you btw) and then say "you must not be married" because she had a legitimate point that goes against your "statistics"? Genius.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DD, the love of my life, born January 26, 2012

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageNinasama:
    imagePrincessMenace:
    imageGhostMonkey:
    imagePrincessMenace:
    imageGhostMonkey:
    imagegenkidesu:

Bwahahaha! You're calling her dumb and rude, (which she did not call you btw) and then say "you must not be married" because she had a legitimate point that goes against your "statistics"? Genius.  

no she called someone else dumb for talking about a personal story that irritated her. seconly, i said it was 90% more likely that a planned child came from a marriage, because before people get married they have conversations about children, whether or not to have them. i said nothing about "90% of the population" of that you have to be married to have a planned child.. nor did i say that married people cant have "surprises" they can and do, and i also never said the only reason people get married is to have kids, either.

• imagePrincessMenace:

idk! i had a teacher ask how far i was, "3 months" i was like, no 7 weeks. lol.. i'm just really bloated!

yah your friends comment was just A LITTLE ridiculous. unfortunetly, too many people speak before they think their comment through these days. no one has really said anything to me, but i LOVE IT when i get funny looks when i go up stairs at school and i'm completely winded by the time i get to the top. i just imagine this must be what its like to be morbidly obese, everything takes your breath away, heart races after the smallest bit of activety, being starving all the time, cant poop, people looking at you with daggers in their eyes when you go up stares.

i just want to say, "hey, i'm pregnant and my body is making twice its normal amount of blood, and i require more oxygen, ***!" LOL!!!

Oh. My. God.  WTF is the matter with you?  

• imagebostonbluejay:
    imagePrincessMenace:

idk! i had a teacher ask how far i was, "3 months" i was like, no 7 weeks. lol.. i'm just really bloated!

Oh. My. God.  WTF is the matter with you?  

Ironic on which post she said this on too, huh? lol

Read a bit above it...."unfortunetly, too many people speak before they think..." Bahahahaha. Thanks for the laugh!

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"