1st Trimester

Pregnancy loss. Body still thinks im pregnant.

I recently had an ectopic pregnancy and had my left fallopian tube along with my sweet baby removed :( very painful afterwards emotionally and physically. Im home from the hospital already but im still feeling nauseous, my breasts are lactating, and im still growing and feeling bloated. Anything else I should be aware of? like still growing, for how long, and whats gonna keep happening? :( I keep wanting to throw up but I want to avoid that because of my surgery im still wearing a brace/binder on my belly. How can I prevent throwing up and what do I do about my breasts lactating and leaving stains on my bras?

Re: Pregnancy loss. Body still thinks im pregnant.

• I don't have any advice but I am so so sorry for your loss. T&P's to you.
    imageimageimage Praying for a healthy baby! BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi There-

I also don't really have any advice about the physical symptoms but I went through the same thing as you earlier this year. I wanted to say I'm sorry for your loss and encourage you to take all the time you need to grieve.  Talk with your doctor about the physical symptoms. All I can suggest is having him or her check your HCG to make sure it's going down properly.

• Loading the player...
  • Oh no, so sorry for your loss and everything you are going through.. Thoughts and Prayers..
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am so sorry and hope that it gets a little bit better for you soon :(

How about the usual anti-nausea meds, like vitamin B6 or zofran? At least to control the symptoms? I don't know if that's allowed after your procedure, but maybe your doctor can give you some advice! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. I had an ectopic earlier this month and lost my right tube. The first day after surgery was AWFUL but each day after I noticed a huge improvement. I'm surprised your doctor didn't give you nausea meds. Please call him and ask him to prescribe you something ASAP!

I don't have personal experience with lactating but I've heard wrapping your breasts tightly with ace bandages can help as well as putting cold cabbage leaves on them.

(((hugs)))

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• I just want to say that I know exactly what you are going through. I had the same thing happen to me last year. An ectopic which resulted in me loosing my left tube and my baby. I know its tough and very emotional. It took me a few months to get past it. My symptoms started to subside a few weeks after the surgery. I dunno if you are getting any pains in your shoulders from the gas they use during surgery but if you are just try to relax and rest. It took me a good three months after my surgery to feel myself again mentally and physically. I feel so deeply sorry for your loss. But it will get better and you can get pregnant again. You might want to try posting over on the Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss board. I found trumendous support and love from the ladies there and you might even find some answers.

As for dealing with the emotions I suggest yoga, especially kundalini yoga (once your physically feeling up to it) and meditation. 

Peace, love and light to you. Sat Nam.

Jana

• Sorry for your loss.  If your breasts are leaking badly you can purchase breast pads to fit inside of your bra.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you so much yes i had pains from the gases they used during the surgery :( those hurt a lot my shoulders were so uncomfortable. Im pretty okay now but still nauseous, not hungry, and lactating. thank you again :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"