2nd Trimester

baby gender determination

well im 14wks i go 2 the dr at 16th which she states is too early to do ultasound 2 find out the sex so she said ill have to wait till jan 2012 after 20wks n find out. but i would really like 2 no before xmas which on the 21st of dec ill be 19wks so i looked online there is a 2d/3d/4d images ultrasound place near me that will do it early as 16 wks only thing is they dont take insurance n u have 2 pay a little out of pocket so what would u do? Wait for ur schedule appt in jan. or go ahead n get it done after ur ob visit? i would love some feedback.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: baby gender determination

• I found out at 15 weeks and 2 days (see my signature... that's a picture from my elective u/s). A lot of people pay for elective u/s's. You can defintely telling between 15-16 weeks though.
  • I actually found out at 11.5 weeks that I am having a girl at a 2d/3d/4d ultra sound place. I recommend going. They might be able to tell you now! Good luck
  • Loading the player...
  • we just found out at 17 weeks that we are having a girl.  not electively, but through a level 2 ultrasound (order due to advanced maternal age-yuck)  However with my son, they told us he was a girl early on, and then said very decidedly later that it was a boy :-Z  good luck!
    Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I found out at 16 weeks with my daughter.  It was a 2D scan.  It wasn't an appointment made specifically to find out the gender, it was at a perinatologist's office for a possible heart issue and I asked if they could take a peek.

There are some places that have a gender determination package that costs a little less than a traditional 3D/4D scan package. I would shop around and see what you can find.

• imagebabyontheway052012:
    I actually found out at 11.5 weeks that I am having a girl at a 2d/3d/4d ultra sound place. I recommend going. They might be able to tell you now! Good luck

11 weeks is too early in most cases. Most babies still have a nub... boy or girl.

• my doctors office does the 2/3/4D scans beginning at 16 weeks and out of pocket charge 50 that is what we are doing on 12/19 i will be 16 1/2 weeks so hoping baby cooperates! lol
  • The only scientifically accurate way to determine the sex of a baby, because it is the sex and not the gender, is when the baby is born.

• Most of the 2d/3d/4d places offer "gender reveal only" packages and those are usually less than $100, well at least where I live that is, which is in Nor Cal. We found out at 16w 2d we're having a boy (with the elective ultrasound which was only $44)! and our NT doc said it was a boy at 12w 5d =) I'd say go for it! You can definitely find out before Christmas Big Smile
  • I am in the same boat. I'm not 20 weeks until the first of Jan. and would have loved to find out before xmas too. However, I will just be patient and wait and we scheduled our 20 wk appt. on DH's b-day. So it will be fun to have all the family over for DH's b-day and tell them then.
  • My OB did my u/s at 19 weeks! I don't know why they couldn't do it a week early. I would try to reschedule it there first, but if they won't then yeah I would get the elective u/s done. Where we live these places charge around $85 for a 3D u/s which would be worth it to me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I had both my big u/s at 19 weeks with my first two. My doc said any time after 18 weeks was fine.

All the elective 3D u/s places in my area won't do a sex determination scan until AFTER you've had the anatomy scan with your doctor first so make sure you check what the policies are before you schedule one if you go that route. 

DC1 (2.5) | DC2 (1) | #3 due 6.1.2012
  • We found out at 16 weeks. I wouldn't be able to wait until 20 weeks. (lol). If you have the funds, go find out!
    TTC#2: 8/17/14 // BFP: 9/5/14

TTC#1: 7/30/11 // BFP: 8/22/11
    DS: Carson Robert 4/29/12

• At 13 weeks, our doctor had his "suspicions" we were having a little girl..at 17 weeks, there was no doubt a baby BOY is on his way!

I do think a lot depends on baby's position and your u/s tech as to how early you can find out, but I'm definitely no expert.

Since this is my first after several miscarriages and various reproductive issues, there was NO waiting for me! I admire those with the patience to be surprised! Stick out tongue

Good luck everybody and have a Happy Thanksgiving! This is the perfect time to be pregnant!Smile

BabyFetus Ticker
  • thank u all so much for u input i believe i will go ahead n schedule 2d/3d/4d image before xmas n its only goin 2 cost me $39 just for the u/s so i hopin for a boy but a healthy baby is perfectly fine with me :) happy thanksgiving 2 everyone i no i enjoyed being prego this time of the yr lol best wishes
  • hey
  • j

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"