3rd Trimester

4cm dilated at 37 weeks

Last week I posted about elective inductions and got lots of opinions, well looks like I probably will not have a choice in the matter!

Went to the doctor today and I'm 4 cm dilated, completely effaced and pretty much ready to go. Doc said she could feel my bag of waters as well. I'd been having random spurts of contractions in the past week, nothing lasted more than a half an hour to an hour though and it has only happened on 3 different occasions. I did to a ton of walking/going up and down stairs yesterday while we cleaned for 8 hours and then bled quite a bit after my SO and I had sex last night (we called the hospital and said it was just from the sexy time). They hooked me up to a contraction monitor  for almost a half an hour and had zero contrax. Baby is moving around like crazy and her heartbeat is totally healthy.

I'm super anxious now that I know that this could happen super soon. I've heard of people being stuck at 2 or 3 cm for a lengthy amount of time, but has anyone been 4 and fully effaced for more than say, a week? I'm hoping to make it through Thanksgiving, but I guess she can come when she's ready!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: 4cm dilated at 37 weeks

• Seems like you are ready to go!!! Good luck and keep us posted!

PS I am a bit jealous!!! I just want to meet our LO!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• wow thats crazy. It sounds like your little one will be here soon. On the other hand yes it could be weeks. I know that being completely effaced is a good thing. Even if you go 3 more weeks at least you are almost half way done with dilating.

Hope you have a healthy delivery. Good Luck.

My mom 10/8/1959-10/31/2011 image Dylan image
  • Loading the player...
  • I have two friends that stayed at 5 cm dilated for 3 weeks!  They both ended up going past their due date.  The good news is though that they had easy and quick deliveries.  Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I felt like I was dying at 1/2 a cm, so consider yourself lucky. If your at a 4, then maybe labor should be easy for ya.
  • Lurking.... With my DD I went in at 37 weeks and was 3 cm 80% effaced and had her 2 days later.  Water broke and I wasn't even having contractions until 5 cm (about an hour after my water broke).  Very fast labor esp for it being my first...3 hours of contractions and she was here.
  • What an awesome headstart on labor!! 4cm is actually considered the first part of the 2nd stage of labor! 

I walked around 3cm 80% effaced from week 38-40 with DS then had to be induced, but once I hit 4cm after the dr broke my water at the hospital I had my son 7 hours later!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Brayden (5 1/2) born 12.28.06
    Hailey (4 1/2) born 2.25.08
    Taylor (8 Months) born 12.26.11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • why is your doctor letting you walk around??? Just get on with the induction. You better go to the hospital at the first contraction!
  • With DD#1 I was a 3 at 36 wks...at my 39 wk apt I was 6cm and 90%...and still walking around just fine :)   Good luck!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"