Trying to Get Pregnant

PSA: Wondfo bad batch details... (XP)

I just replied to another post with this information, but I wanted to make sure that you ladies got this information since a lot of us buy/use Wondfos.  HTH!  And BTW, some ladies on FF were able to get either refunds or a free order of HPTs from the distributors off of Amazon due to the bad batch.  

There is a bad batch of Wondfo's with the expiration date of 06/2013.  The information came up from several posters on the FF Trying to Conceive Forum the past couple of weeks.  One of the ladies over there actually contacted Amazon and Wondfo and received confirmation that a bad batch had been distributed.  I'll see if I can find the info over there and then I'll update this post...

EDIT:  Found it!  Here's the link to the post, but you'll need to login to FF to access the forums first.  In case this link doesn't work the same way as TB post links do, I've added the bad batch information below:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Circles/viewtopic.php?t=2464204

lot #W0110632-3 Expiration 06/2013

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

Re: PSA: Wondfo bad batch details... (XP)

• Is that just the HPT or the OPKs too?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMonroesMisfit:
    Is that just the HPT or the OPKs too?

So far the bad batch is only in reference to the HPTs.  I've seen no issues on either the FF boards or this one regarding errors with OPKs.  Hopefully it's just the one HPT batch with issues. 

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

• Loading the player...
  • I cant access the link becuase Im not a paid subscriber, but my OPK's are the 6/2013 batch, making me assume the HPT's are too. Whats the deal with bad batches? Do they give you a refund?
  • imagesammyslick:
    I cant access the link becuase Im not a paid subscriber, but my OPK's are the 6/2013 batch, making me assume the HPT's are too. Whats the deal with bad batches? Do they give you a refund?

Do your OPKs have the same Lot# as the one I provided?  

Basically the bad HPT batch has had the following issues:

- dents on the test strips (giving ambiguous results)

- crazy amounts of pink evaps at 5 minutes

- one poster's husband's urine showed a positive result (albeit faint, but still +)

- control lines not showing up at all

The list goes on, but these were the complaints I saw the most of...  HTH. 

• So what is wrong with them?
    TTC #1 05/2011- 04/2012; TTA  05/12- 05/14 due to DH health problems, nursing school. TTC #1 (again) since 05/2014. CP 08/04/14 at 4w3d 

• imageAp21ril:
    So what is wrong with them?

Please read the reply just above yours.

• imagebabyike:

imagesammyslick:
    I cant access the link becuase Im not a paid subscriber, but my OPK's are the 6/2013 batch, making me assume the HPT's are too. Whats the deal with bad batches? Do they give you a refund?

- one poster's husband's urine showed a positive result (albeit faint, but still +)

Phew, the OPK's are good!!! I will check the HPT's when I get home!
    Thank you!

• Bah, that's the batch that I have. Thanks for the heads up.
  • imagebabyike:

imagesammyslick:

Well that explains my problem from earlier.

• Yes, thank you for that info!  I'm sure everyone will be checking when they get home...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • rats- i have that batch too! has anyone tried getting a refund?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageCall me Mrs. F:
    rats- i have that batch too! has anyone tried getting a refund?

Some ladies on the FF forum were able to get either refunds or a free shipment of HPTs.  You would need to contact both Amazon and the distributor you purchased from.  GL! 

• imagebabyike:

imageCall me Mrs. F:
    rats- i have that batch too! has anyone tried getting a refund?

Some ladies on the FF forum were able to get either refunds or a free shipment of HPTs.  You would need to contact both Amazon and the distributor you purchased from.  GL! 

Yes, I have contacted Wondfo. They are sending me new tests from a different Lot #.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ***Lurker popping in***

I just wanted to say I had the bad batch and got BFNs with them all last week. They were stark white. When I realized I had the bad batch I tested with a FRER and it was positive (5 mins earlier I got a negative on a Wondfo). I thought most people were getting false positives on them but I guess I was getting false negatives. I was 14 dpo when I tested with the FRER. I hope this helps someone!

• Here are the emails between me & the manager at Wondfo:

> -----Original Message-----
    > From: Dessirae
    > Sent: Sunday, November 20, 2011 12:14 AM
    > To: kymao@wondfousa.com
    > Subject: Bad batch of HPTs
    >
    > I purchased HPTs from you & have received a bad batch. How do I go about
    > getting a refund or new HPTs?
    > Hello Dessirae
    >
    > Could you show me the receipt and which company you bought from? Do you have
    > photos for th testing results?
    > It's not bad lot and is not giving false positives. But few one can be not
    > easy to see the result because the pink background does not disappear
    > totally.
    >
    > Best Regards.
    >
    > Kunyuan Mao
    > Managing Director
    > Wondfo USA Co., Ltd.
    > 545 Willowbrook Centre Pkwy
    > Unit B
    > Willowbrook, IL 60527
    > Tel: (630) 468-2199
    > Fax: 1-866-769-0168
    > kymao@wondfousa.com
    Hi,

This is a link to the receipt. I purchased off of amazon.com, looks like the seller is Kabat Enterprises LLC?
    (Bumpies- I deleted the link because of personal info. now that I?m posting this on TB)

I do not have photos of the test results. I am not sure that I have come across a faulty test yet, but I do not like the idea that I might. I am on multiple online message boards where the ladies have posted the faulty lot # & I have the tests from that lot. I have attached a photo of one of the test wrappers with the lot # on it. This was the first time I have purchased your product & wish to continue based on your great prices, but if you are unable to help me with my uncertainty I will be purchasing from a different company in the future. Thank you for your time.

Dessirae
    Hi Dessirae We can replace 20 new lot of hCG for you. But we don't have distributor name is Kabat Enterprises, LLC . Could you give me more its information, like address and phone number? Thanks. Wondfo  FYI Bumpies, we figured out that Kabat Enterprises is USHealth & Test Products. This is the company I purchased from on Amazon. HTH!!!!!!

• imagejennimc321:

***Lurker popping in***

I just wanted to say I had the bad batch and got BFNs with them all last week. They were stark white. When I realized I had the bad batch I tested with a FRER and it was positive (5 mins earlier I got a negative on a Wondfo). I thought most people were getting false positives on them but I guess I was getting false negatives. I was 14 dpo when I tested with the FRER. I hope this helps someone!

This is interesting. I've been getting negatives, but my temp also dropped this morning. so I figured I'm going to get AF today or tomorrow. I guess if AF doesn't show I will test with a FRER.

• Is that the only batch, i cant get on FF... i have a batch with a ton of dents in the test strips...
  • I've been waiting a week for the seller on amazon to respond. Angry I used one from the bad batch today and it came out with that horizontal line, and all pink in the background.
  • imageJMarie725:
    I've been waiting a week for the seller on amazon to respond. Angry I used one from the bad batch today and it came out with that horizontal line, and all pink in the background.

Contact Wondfo directly. 

• imageJMarie725:
    I've been waiting a week for the seller on amazon to respond. Angry I used one from the bad batch today and it came out with that horizontal line, and all pink in the background.

Contact Wondfo directly. 

• i just found out that wondfo have a bad batch yesterday and when i look at my 2 tests that i got online it was the same lot # 

the first pregnancy test the second is grey color but show up on the time frame ( about a week i took this one)

the second pregnancy test was the whole thing was smear with the pink color all the way up with the time frame then past the 5 minutes mark it starting to dry up but i took about 10 minutes for that to happen ( i took this test yesterday) 

im not upset with this because those tests i got for free and i just waiting to see if my AF be here Thursday or Friday 

is the E.P.T pink dye is any good?  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"