Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Opinions needed on AngelCare or Snuza

My LO still sleeps in his RNP at this time but I know it won;t be long before we have to transition to his crib :(  We already do naps there.  My DH and I have decided and he's very insistent that we get either the Angel Care monitor or the Sunza.  Can anyone who has either give me some reviews. I'm curious if the Snuza has a parents unit that will alert you.

TIA! 

Pregnancy%20ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary

Re: Opinions needed on AngelCare or Snuza

• I have the Snuza and love it.  It's easy to use and the only false alarms I've had were when she was really little and I wasn't clipping it on her diaper far enough down so it wasn't resting on her skin.  No false alarms now though.  You can hear it if you are in the room but if the baby is in a different room you need a monitor to hear it.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • I have the Snuza.  DD is still in our room, but you will need a monitor to hear if LO is in a different room.  I have had a couple of false alarms, but now that I'm folding the diaper down, I get better skin contact and have not had a false alarm since.  Love the Snuza!  Totally worth it for the piece of mind. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We have the Snuza as well! I like that it's more portable than the angel care monitor, and there is no fear of LO rolling off the sensor (like the angel care monitor pad) because it's attached to LO. Like other PP's said you would need a regular monitor to hear the alarm in another room.
    photo dca9b006-0f54-4503-ad9d-536560d9d80f.jpg
    Mr C born 10/25/11  Miss M born 9/11/14
  • I also have the Snuza and really like it. It gives me the piece of mind to let our son sleep in his own room, which is on the complete opposite side of the apartment from our bedroom. We have a video monitor, so if it goes off, I will hear it. I've only had one false alarm, where the thing actually fell off my son's diaper, but that was like the second night we used it and I'm guessing I just didn't have it on there very well...no problems since!
  • Can someone tell me how to attach the snuza properly to the diaper? I am having issues with false alarms from not attaching it right. TIA!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you!  I was leaning toward the Angel Care because I wasn't sure how well the Snuza would stay attached. Any tips or pointers on attaching it to the baby's diaper?  Any recommendations on a good but reasonably priced video monitor?

Pregnancy%20ticker

Anniversary

• I love my Snuza. Hardly any false alarms and it is only when it comes off the diaper. It doesn't have a parent's unit but if you use a regular baby monitor, you will hear the alarm through that. I love that it is portable and goes wherever DD goes. 

• I have the angelcare and the only false alarm we have anymore is when she is way up in the corner of the crib. dd is a tummy sleeper so I don't think we can use the snuza unless we use two piece jammies. sounds like the snuza is good but what do you do when they start rolling?
  • imagekrissywags:
    I have the angelcare and the only false alarm we have anymore is when she is way up in the corner of the crib. dd is a tummy sleeper so I don't think we can use the snuza unless we use two piece jammies. sounds like the snuza is good but what do you do when they start rolling?

This.  ?? 

Pregnancy%20ticker

Anniversary

• We have the Angelcare, no false alarms yet, and it really gives me peace of mind. Only complaint so far is that it's annoying to turn the monitor and parent unit on/off every time you take LO out of the crib to change or feed or else it will alarm. Hopefully once LO is sleeping through the night it won't be an issue. I would still recommend it!
  • We have both.  I haven't used the AngelCare yet, because DS isn't sleeping in his crib yet.  We use the Snuza all the time.  He sleeps in his RnP in our room and having that monitor on him makes me feel a little better.
    7 mm/c
    APS, hetero factor v leiden & MTHFR
    bfp #1 - 12.11.07, edd 8.14.08, mm/c 1.21.08 (10w4d)
    bfp #2 - 4.4.08, edd 12.3.08, mm/c 5.14.08 (11w)
    bfp #3 - 8.3.08, edd 4.15.09, mm/c 9.17.08 (10w)
    bfp #4 - 1.15.09, edd 9.26.09, mm/c 2.16.09 (8w2d)
    bfp #5 - 6.16.09, edd 2.25.10, mm/c 7.23.09 (9w)
    bfp #6 - 8.12.10, edd 4.27.11, mm/c 9.16.10 (8w1d)
    one more try -> bfp #7 - 2.11, our miracle baby boy arrived 10.11
    ttc again -> bfp #8 - 5.3.13, edd 1.13.14, mm/c 5.30.13 (7w3d)
    bfp #9 - 9.23.13, our miracle baby girl arrived 5.29.14

• We have the Angelcare. DD sleeps in her pnp in our room at night, but for naps I put her in her crib while I'm doing stuff around the house or in the kitchen. I've been happy with it so far. I have not had any false alarms yet -- but one thing to keep in mind is that your crib has to have a flat bottom. I guess some cribs have springs in the bottom?? Ours is just a flat piece of wood for the mattress to sit on so we didn't have to do anything extra, but if there are springs you'll need to get a piece of wood to put under the mattress. 
    Mommy to Maddie 11/11/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"