Babies: 3 - 6 Months

shocking hair loss!

i read on kellymom.com that hair loss about 3 months PP is normal but HOLY CRAP!  I'm looking for bald spots!  I'm normally a shedder but this is ridiculous!  anyone else have the same problem?  I miss how I hardly lost any hair while i was pg!

Re: shocking hair loss!

• I was just talking to my husband about this today... I have always had very thick hair, but damn, I seem to be losing it by the fistful now. And this is just recently, I didn't lose any while I was pregnant. At this rate, it seems like I am going to have less than I started with!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ugh yes my hair loss started at almost 4 mo PP.  I clogged up the shower drain pretty well....
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh yes! Around 3.5 months I started losing hair too. I have always been a shedder but this is way more than shedding. I even stopped up the shower drain.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's awful! I have fine hair already and now NO hair... I can really see it thinning at my crown. I hope it grows back in quick although it's not going to be cute to have pokey little hairs sticking up everywhere. Ugh
  • I keep wondering if i will be the first to go bald from PP hairloss:)  I have to clean my brush out every other day, it's rediculous! Not to mension what is in the shower, whe I pick my hair & what falls on the floor, furniture & clothes...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD is 5 months old and I'm still losing hair! Actually, she and I both started losing hair around 3 months but her's is starting to grow back and I'm still shedding!
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • OMG i am with you ladies, my hair falls out like CRAZY and i was never a big shedder to begin with so seeing my hair just falling out everywhere like this was a big shock to me.  I mean I knew it was going to happen but DAMN.  I read online that after about a year PP your hair is back to normal pretty much.  My best friend suggested taking a daily multivitamin and fish oil pills to help retain any hair that might be falling out additionally due to a vitamin deficiency.. and fish oil in general promotes hair and nail growth.  I'm going to start it today.. hopefully it helps!  And if not.. well at least I am getting my vitamins lol
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"