November 2011 Moms

Diarrhea before labor or foods I ate?

Okay so maybe TMI but this morning I woke up feeling like I was going to puke...it was awful and painful and I rant o the bathroom where I sat for a good 20-30 minutes. The entire time just straight flowing wonderful liquid, it was disgusting and constant but mostly cramp free. I've heard things about your body doing some "house cleaning" before labor and when FI brought me in some water (I've been drinking it like crazy, DD really needs to wait till next weekend! and I've heard dehydration can trigger labor) he made a comment "ya know this means your gonna pop her out soon" ... did this happen to anyone before labor?? How soon before? Any opinions?

Oh and I was wondering if maybe it was just  the food I ate at the movies last night, but I only had maybe 6 or 7 pretzel nuggets dipped in cheese, a frozen lemonade and 3-4 handfuls of popcorn or and a baked potato at Wendy's... all of which would normally cause me constipation....

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Diarrhea before labor or foods I ate?

• I think it's hard to say.  I have read that you do often "evacuate" before true labor, but it could also be that you are just reacting to the food.  I had a good friend have serious diarrhea and called her doctor very upset.  They told her it was nothing, and she realized it was mostly from the dinner she had the night before.  If you aren't cramping, then I would say it may be the food.  If you start cramping, I would call the doc.  Keep drinking water.  Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • The last 2 days I have had similar situations. Where at least twice during the day I have all of a sudden had the urge to use the bathroom and then have loose/diarrhea. I was also thinking it could be the start of labor but nothing left. 

I am thinking it is more of the foods I have been eating as I have had more fresh fruits and veggies. But who knows..... 

• Loading the player...
  • imageKBBH:
    I think it's hard to say.  I have read that you do often "evacuate" before true labor, but it could also be that you are just reacting to the food.  I had a good friend have serious diarrhea and called her doctor very upset.  They told her it was nothing, and she realized it was mostly from the dinner she had the night before.  If you aren't cramping, then I would say it may be the food.  If you start cramping, I would call the doc.  Keep drinking water.  Good luck!

LOL...I "evacuated" when my contractions first started. so uncomfortable...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had it for two days, Sunday and Monday and went into labor on Wednesday AM....so for me, it was true.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image
  • I've had a couple of false starts with labor this week and they both gave me diarrhea.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I initially was praying this would mean something... but my digestive system seems to be clearing a bit better over the past month (not always though, I still do get constipated). Would be nice if it was a sign, but I wouldn't count on it
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"