August 2011 Moms
Options

Where does your baby nap?

Our DD is 11.5 weeks old. She RARELY naps. She sleeps 12 hrs at night, waking twice to eat, so I can't complain about that.

She only gets two 30-45 min cat naps in during the day, usually in her swing or bouncy seat. I've tried putting her in her crib, but she doesn't sleep well there during the day.  I just put her down for a nap in our bed, I'm hoping that she will sleep better there since she can smell DH & I.

Re: Where does your baby nap?

• Options
    She naps in her swing, but only 30-45 minutes at a time. She used to nap for a couple hours. 
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Have you tried swaddling her for her naps? We also try to stick to a similar routine that we have for bed time. We feed him a bottle before his naps. It seems to be working out well for us. It's completely normal for babies at this age to only cat nap for 30-45 minutes. Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS goes in his crib. He has always let us know when he's sleepy and ready for a nap. He usually does a short cat nap between 9 and 10, then a really long nap around 12, and another cat nap around 3 or 4. Bed time is usually between 6 and 7. He's a really excellent sleeper, just like his mom.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    The cat naps are pretty normal for this age. Have you tried white noise? My LO naps in a PnP at my nanny-house. The PnP room has an attached bathroom. He started sleeping much longer for naps once I started turning the exhaust fan on in the bathroom.
  • Options
    DD was the same way until this week. She will usually wake from her nap about the 30-45 minute mark but since I have been leaving her in her swing she normally goes back to sleep. I have gotten up to a 2 hour nap twice a day doing this. She would squirm a little and maybe start talking but would drift back to sleep shortly after. She is a squirmy baby and I feel that she will let me know when she wants to really be awake or is hungry.
  • Options

My DD wont nap most of the time and when she does its because she is over tired from fighting it for a week and will sleep 2-3 hrs in her carseat after a walk in stroller or ride in car. She may take little 10-20 minute cat naps here and there but fights it ALL the the time!!

I actually just changed her bedtime from 7:30pm to 6:30pm because shes not getting enough rest. I have to wake her @ 5:15am to get ready (I have to work unfortunately) and she is not happy about this. She will sleep a straight 10 hrs in her crib.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers image image image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Depends...Could be his RNP, Bouncer, Swing, Floor on his boppy...Just depends where he is located at the time and if he is comfortable enough to sleep there Big Smile
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Cooper takes a short 30-45 minute nap around 10am, then a long nap around 1 until about 4, then a short nap again around 6pm for about 30 minutes. He sleeps 11 hours at night. When he's with my mom during the day he sleeps on a full size bed with blankets around him just in case he rolls (has only rolled over 2 times ever so I'm not worried about this yet) he will nap in a pack n play when he's older and moves more. At my house on the weekends, since I don't see him much during the week, he takes him short naps in my arms, his long nap is in his crib or on my bed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

He does a 30-45 minute nap in the morning in his swing, a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon in his crib, and another 20-30 minute nap in the evening in his swing.  My DD was a big time cat napper who pretty much only napped on me or in bed with me, so he's a nice break! 

• Options
    She will pretty much nap anywhere, but she mostly naps in her crib or in the car seat if we're on the go.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Nap??

What is a nap?

They don't exist in this house.  

image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ollie takes his short morning nap on me. Then wakes plays has a bottle and both boys go down at 2 for at least 2 hours. Then another short cat nap on me in the evening.
    The Blog

Dinner.Hard life?

The brothers I Rule and OMG! with their faithful sidekickFootFoot.

imageimageimage

My life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot.
  • Options

imageRunningMom08:
    Have you tried swaddling her for her naps? We also try to stick to a similar routine that we have for bed time. We feed him a bottle before his naps. It seems to be working out well for us. It's completely normal for babies at this age to only cat nap for 30-45 minutes. Smile

Totally did not know this.

I just started putting LO in her crib for naps this week and it has gone surprisingly well. She would only nap on me, in the car seat if we were out, or in the Ergo, so this is huge for us. Her first nap of the day is only about 30-45 minutes, but she takes a longer one in the afternoon. I'm interested to see what happens next week when we go to the IL's for Thanksgiving.

• Options
    He takes 1-3 hour naps 2-3 times a day...all on me.  If I put him down, 25 min max nap.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Depends on where he is.  He takes his best naps on me on in his swing.  THe other day he slept for almost 3 hours on me.  I had to pee, so in my attempt to put him in his swing, he woke up.  Most of his swing naps are between 30 - 45 minutes and he sttn
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"