3rd Trimester

Does everyone get a linea nigra "dark line on belly"?

I thought everyone got this, some sooner than others, some darker than others. I do not have any lines yet and feel like I'm missing out lol. When did you get yours? Or do you not have one? I'm 36 1/2 weeks so still time I guess ...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Does everyone get a linea nigra "dark line on belly"?

• Oh no.  I am pretty fair, and haven't gotten one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I had one with DD1 but not this time.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I never got one with DD.  I have fair skin and I think it's more common in people with darker skin.
  • I don't have one, but I did get blessed with some wicked stretch marks.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I've never had one with either baby.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I have one, but I have an olive-y tone skin.  I have heard that people with fair skin are less likely to get it.  I am guessing if you are over 36 weeks and don't have it now, you won't get one, since it's mostly due to a reaction to hormones.  I think I got mine around 20 weeks.

Be glad you don't have it!  It's not very pretty and it doesn't go away until long after birth - I think it took a good 6 months for me, if not more.  I still had the "shadow", so I was self conscious in a 2 piece swim suit.  It did eventually go away, though, luckily.

• I have one that starts at the top of my belly and goes down past my belly button. It started out as just a line above my belly button at around 26 weeks I think. I don't think everyone gets it. I didn't think I would and then it showed up :)
  • naw.... not everyone gets them. I didnt with dd1 and so far not with this PG either. (32 weeks in) Just like some women get that "mask of pregnancy" thing, its not for everyone.

Me, I get bigger freckles on my rather irish face.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birthday
  • I have a faint one but it's a lot lighter than what I was expecting. Also, my skin generally doesn't gotten very discolored, like what I see in other women's photos. I guess it just varies. I'm 35.5 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have a very faint one that I've had since 16 weeks or so.

Jan17 Sept Sig: Pumpkin Spice gone too far
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mine is extremely faint.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not only does it vary from person to person on even getting it, but each pregnancy can be different with it. I have been waiting this whole PG for it to show up and nothing. I had a dark one last time from mid 2nd tri until 3 months after I had DS.
  • I had one with DS1 but not with this LO. 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • I haven't gotten mine, and my belly button never popped.  I am a bit bummed.  I was for sure looking forward to the belly button pop!
    pregnancy Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemabenner1:
    Oh no.  I am pretty fair, and haven't gotten one.
    same for me. This is my 3rd pregnancy and I've never gotten one.
  • imagemabenner1:
    Oh no.  I am pretty fair, and haven't gotten one.
    same for me. This is my 3rd pregnancy and I've never gotten one.
  • I am very fair and I have one that is barely noticeable.
  • Nope, never got one.
  • imageQmommy:
    I had one with DD1 but not this time.

Same here!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No, I never got one with either of my boys - just horrific stretch marks regardless of what I put on my belly!
  • I had a very faint line with DS, but no signs of one this time around.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Carter 5.25.10   Charlotte 2.6.12   Baby#3 5.17.15
  • My daughter and I refer to my linea nigra line as my zebra stripe. It's off centered and goes from thin (bottom of ribcage) to a nice big fat zebra looking stripe. Add in some stretch marks and I look like a closeup from Animal Planet!
  • Don't have one .... but I have plenty of stretch marks all over my stomach (and probably other places I can't see lol) to make up for it!
  • imageearlysun:
    I don't have one, but I did get blessed with some wicked stretch marks.
    Yep stretch marks for me too lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"