November 2011 Moms
Options

Pity party, party of ....?

I would say party of one, but I'm sure there are others feeling the same today (at least I hope I'm not the only one)

I've been so optimistic all week.... Doing yoga, going for walks, drinking my RRL tea, just feeling confident that my body would do its job....and today that optimism seems to have crashed and burned.  I'm back to mopey, discouraged and sitting on the couch with a box of Thin Mints.  

Anyone care to join my pity party? I'll share the cookies.... 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pity party, party of ....?

• Options

make that at least a party of 2....

my allergies have been insane, i'm scared to death to have an outside baby- it's giving me pretty bad anxiety. i feel completely unprepared, finances are a mess right now- but thankfully things are slowly getting figured out, i have energy, but i just don't feel like doing anything, i hate the holidays and all the guilt trips, i'm in the middle of planning a wedding that i'd rather skip :( i love my fiancee and cannot wait to be married.. it's just the wedding itself. all the drama associated with it- guest list mostly... and not to mention having shitty family members in general. my mom giving me a guilt trip about not being at the hospital during LO's delivery and threatening to come "sit at the hospital without (me) knowing"- thanks mom. 

ugh.. i feel like i could go on for days.... 

please pass the cookies.. oh wait, i had a 1/2 emergency root canal on Saturday (they couldn't finish because the dentist wanted clearance from the OBGYN, but she did what she could to give me relief.... yesterday the tooth cracked so it's super sharp and waiting to talk to my Dr tomorrow about when i can finish the procedure.. so maybe cookies aren't the best idea right now. :(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageklreese0213:

my allergies have been insane, i'm scared to death to have an outside baby- it's giving me pretty bad anxiety. i feel completely unprepared, finances are a mess right now- but thankfully things are slowly getting figured out, i have energy, but i just don't feel like doing anything, i hate the holidays and all the guilt trips, i'm in the middle of planning a wedding that i'd rather skip :( i love my fiancee and cannot wait to be married.. it's just the wedding itself. all the drama associated with it- guest list mostly... and not to mention having shitty family members in general. my mom giving me a guilt trip about not being at the hospital during LO's delivery and threatening to come "sit at the hospital without (me) knowing"- thanks mom. 

please pass the cookies.. oh wait, i had a 1/2 emergency root canal on Saturday (they couldn't finish because the dentist wanted clearance from the OBGYN, but she did what she could to give me relief.... yesterday the tooth cracked so it's super sharp and waiting to talk to my Dr tomorrow about when i can finish the procedure.. so maybe cookies aren't the best idea right now. :(

Oh no! I'm sorry you can't even enjoy the cookies.  It sounds like you could use some!  How about a cookie milkshake instead? :) 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

i've been eating cereal... fruity pebbles are my BFF right now...

and that's another stupid thing!!- my craving have been pretty intense the last week and 1/2... and EVERYTHING i eat taste like CRAP!!! and it makes me really mad! haha

• Options

party of 3

I had been doing well but I'm getting discouraged too. I'm starting to get really uncomfortable. I've tried all the OWT, begging, reverse psychology, reasoning, bribery.....nothing is working. I feel like my body is letting me down by not doing this naturally. I realize there is still time but it's so frustrating. plus at this point i don't want to go into labor over the weekend b/c I don't want the dr that's on call. at least if i can go today or tomorrow or monday i'll have one of the midwives.

• Options
    I have an outside baby but I will listen as long as you share those thin mints! I hope things start happening for you soon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'll join.  I think I've cried at least three times today.. twice on the phone with my husband.  I feel so tired, emotionally and physically.   I know I'm only 39 weeks but I'm so ready to meet this baby.   Also, I started my maternity leave this week and am so not an idle person. I am a teacher and am used to having something to do constantly for 8 hours.  I have cleaned my house and "nested" as much as I can.  I'm actually kind of bored so I am obsessing making labor happen.  
  • Options

Total pity part of 4.  Pass the thin mints.  I'll share the cheddar popcorn I just ate 1/2 a bag of.  LOL.  I have been weepy and mopey since Tuesday.  I was put on bedrest and am SO not happy about it.  I had an NST today and although I should be happy, it proved that my bedrest was necessary.  My BP was great, baby was great, and all of my blood tests and 24 hour urine came back with NO problems.  That's GREAT news...I know it...but I want my outside baby NOW and nothing is happening. 

I'm here with you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options

I'll join this party!  I've cried at least 4 times in the last two days because I feel so crappy (physically) and I go back and forth between really wanting LO to come then feeling guilty for wanting her to come before her due date.

I don't have any Thin Mints, but I have been eating large amounts of Trader Joe's dark chocolate minty mallows, and it does ease my pain a little.  Stick out tongue

• Options
    I'll join this pity party for obvious reasons. 40 weeks seems like some distant memory ago... Every day that goes by I'm starting to lose hope that baby will come on her own... 
    Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Count me in!  I stopped working this week since I requested off so long ago and figured I might go early.  It has just left me with more time to think about still being pregnant.  I feel great physically, which should be awesome, but it just makes me think that LO is way too comfy to come anytime soon.  I walk everyday and have tried to stay positive, but I am ready to have an outside baby already!
  • Options

I'm joining the party!  Just spend the morning in L and D and things were looking good, but then I got sent home....Sad

I went to my dr this morning becuase I was really dizzy (for about 2 hours) and was having irregular contractions, so they wanted to check me out.  The dr saw my blood pressure was a little bit high and I had progressed some since my last appointment, so told me to go to L and D and get monitored.  Went there, hooked up, good steady contractions for a hour...but no progress.  Walked the halls for an hour...no progress...  Got hooked up again for a little bit, more contractions, but no real progress, so home I went.   Grrr!  I want to go back....I just took another long walk with my dogs, so maybe I can go back tonight?  THe dr I really like is on call tonight, so that would be perfect!  LO we want to meet you!!

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageklreese0213:

I noticed that you're also getting married after baby which is my situation.  At first I was so excited to plan my wedding and it was my "motivation" to get back into shape, but literally the last few months everything has been falling apart!  My caterer won't call me back or send me a damn contract, the hotels won't send me info about room blocks, etc...I'm so frustrated and I want to throw in the towel!  Anyways, I feel your planning pain...hopefully it'll get better! If not, I don't really give a crap what my wedding turns out to be...it's not that important anyways..it's the marriage that's important! 

• Options
    imageklreese0213:

I noticed that you're also getting married after baby which is my situation.  At first I was so excited to plan my wedding and it was my "motivation" to get back into shape, but literally the last few months everything has been falling apart!  My caterer won't call me back or send me a damn contract, the hotels won't send me info about room blocks, etc...I'm so frustrated and I want to throw in the towel!  Anyways, I feel your planning pain...hopefully it'll get better! If not, I don't really give a crap what my wedding turns out to be...it's not that important anyways..it's the marriage that's important! 

• Options
    Thanks for understanding my pain!You're right... the marriage is theImportant part.Good luck with your planning. When's your planning wedding?
  • Options
    Sorry.. my new phone is retarded and adds words lol
  • Options

imageCortrina:
    I'll join.  I think I've cried at least three times today.. twice on the phone with my husband.  I feel so tired, emotionally and physically.   I know I'm only 39 weeks but I'm so ready to meet this baby.   Also, I started my maternity leave this week and am so not an idle person. I am a teacher and am used to having something to do constantly for 8 hours.  I have cleaned my house and "nested" as much as I can.  I'm actually kind of bored so I am obsessing making labor happen.  

Me too! I have been making all sorts of plans with friends and family to keep myself busy, and everyone keeps saying- shouldn't you stay at home in case the baby comes? uh, I cannot imagine sitting at home and just waiting for up to three weeks from now! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"