1st Trimester

how did you decide whether or not to be team green?

I'm not sure if I want to find out or not!
DX - Endometriosis 2007, PCOS 2010 TTC since July 13, 2010 50mg unmonitored clomid oct 2010 = BFN 50mg unmonitored clomid dec 2010 = BFN Lap to remove endo and HSG march 2011 = tubes clear and very little had returned. 50mg MONITORED Clomid Sept 2011 (10 tablets) + trigger shot = 3 mature follies but BFN 50mg Monitored Clomid Oct 2011 (5 tablets this time) = BFN turned BFP 9th november 2011! BabyFruit Ticker

Re: how did you decide whether or not to be team green?

• It was just something I always knew I wanted. There was no decision involved really. Thankfully DH is on board. :)
  • Sorry if this is a stupid question but what exactly does "Team Green" mean? I've seen it here and there on the boards but I'm not sure what it means.
    CafeMom Tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • this is my first ..and i want to find out to be better prepared ....i will keep the second baby green 
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm a planner and I love to decorate.  I just want to be able to have the nursery ready before the baby comes home, and not have to wait till after.  My DH isn't sure he wants to find out, but I know he will leave the decision up to me.

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • We decided NOT to find out with our first 3 based on this:

1. I knew I wanted showers to be given AFTER baby was born so people coming from a distance could actually see the baby when they came, so there was no issue of getting a bunch of gender neutral items

2. We had names chosen for a boy and for a girl and didn't need to find out in order to choose those names

3. I knew the bedding and style I wanted for the room and it just so happened to be neutral and then we added items specific to the baby and their sex after they were born with stuffed animals, blankets, etc.

THIS time we ARE finding out because:

1. I want to get rid of all the hand-me-downs I have saved from my other kids so once we find out what we are having, gone are the items from my opposite sex children

2. Our other kids are older now (5,4, and 2) and are super curious about this baby and what it will be and what it's name will be.

Hope that helps! No right or wrong way and you can always change your mind last minute when the sonographer asks "are we finding out the sex of the baby today?" :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageskimecrn:
    Sorry if this is a stupid question but what exactly does "Team Green" mean? I've seen it here and there on the boards but I'm not sure what it means.

It just means you won't find out the sex of the baby at the anatomy scan, you wait until birth to know if it's a boy or girl.

OP - We found out the first time because everything was so new I wanted to at least know something.  We're team green this time though - I think it'll be fun.

image   image

• I'm too Type A to not find out. It would drive me absolutely bat-guano to know that the information was available and I was in the dark on it.

Plus, my plans for the nursery partially hinge on the gender.

Mama's Clone - 07/18/12

• imageskimecrn:
    Sorry if this is a stupid question but what exactly does "Team Green" mean? I've seen it here and there on the boards but I'm not sure what it means.

"Team Green" means that people aren't finding out the gender of their baby. "Team Pink" and "Team Blue" are for people who have found out the gender.

Mommy to N (3), J (2), and C (10 months). LO4 is due in mid-September.
  • My parents were told I was a boy and decided to name me Joseph Michael.  Thankfully my Mom's favorite color was green anyway, so they didn't have to change much after I was born a Jennifer :)  I want to find out the gender, and my husband just wants me to be happy hehe.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagedani2480:

I'm too Type A to not find out. It would drive me absolutely bat-guano to know that the information was available and I was in the dark on it.

Plus, my plans for the nursery partially hinge on the gender.

ditto this exactly! 

DH and I are both on the same page about finding out asap, and we have felt this way since way before we even started ttc.  I seriously can't wait!  lol

Pregnancy Ticker

BFP #1 | DD born July 2012
    BFP #2 | EDD 04.18.14 | D&C 10.01.13 @ 11w3d
    BFP #3 | EDD 09.15.14
  • imageallisonmarie22:
    It was just something I always knew I wanted. There was no decision involved really. Thankfully DH is on board. :)

Ditto.  We knew before we were pregnant that we didn't want to find out with DS.  Finding out at his birth was indescribable - such an awesome moment.  We are definitely doing it again!

• We were Team Green with the first but decided to find out this go-round just to change things up.  We will probably have the tech write the sex of the baby on a piece of paper and make the announcement at a family get together though instead of finding out the day of the scan.  That is our attempt to keep it a surprise for everyone.
  • imagenikkks84:
    this is my first ..and i want to find out to be better prepared ....i will keep the second baby green 

This. I think we are going to find out in order to better prepare for baby since this will be our first.

kissing

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP: 10/26/11 EDD: 6/28/12

• We went team green for several reasons:

1. B/c I wanted to. It sounded like fun to me, and my mom never found out for any of us.

2. We wanted more than one child, so we wanted all our big ticket items- glider, stroller, car seat, swing to be neutral to use again

3. There was a lot of pressure on DH's side of the family for us to have a girl. There hadn't been a girl on his side of the family in 16 years. DH is one of 3 boys as well. We didn't want to hear the disappointment if it was a boy, or have my MIL go overboard before the baby was here buying her everything.

4. It irritated some people which was an added bonus that we didn't think about ahead of time.

I understand some people wanting to plan everything- but I am a big planner and didn't think I needed to know the baby's sex in order to be prepared for a baby.

• I don't want to find out!

My pregnancy itself was a surprise, so a BIGGER surprise at the end seemed fitting. We already have a couple names picked out for both boy and girl... we will choose a name when we see its face. :)

We will be given a lot of used items with SOME items being bought new- but the way I see it.. The baby will be pooping in the same diapers, spitting up on the same onesies, and drinking the same formula whether its a girl or boy! :)

Like PP said, I dont think I need to know the gender to be prepared for a baby. 

• I thought for sure I wanted to be team green for #3, but b/c the spacing will be so small and this pg being a surprise already I think we will try to find out the sex. 

I think the element of surprise would be a lot of fun, but I also think I really want to know the gender to plan out clothes/nursery/etc.

• -I wanted gender neutral items given at the shower, and less clothing/ more useful items given, so that we got what we needed and could use it again.

-I wanted a gender neutral nursery so we could use it again and not have to update the nursery for each child-- DD will get a "big girl" room now, which we are designing with her interests in mind.

-The "it's a girl" moment was out of this world, the best moment of my life. 

-I have the rest of the baby's life to know my baby's gender.  I think it's special to relish the unknown, the pregnancy, and that time in my life while it lasts.

And for anyone who says they are a planner and worry about how being team green would affect that-- let me tell you, I'm a huge planner and there was nothing I couldn't plan by not knowing the gender that was of major consequence.  Clothes rolled in in the hospital and we added gender specific accents to her nursery.

Married in 2008 - DD born in 2010 - EDD 6.15.2012!
  • I like to find out because I made by child's nursery bedding/drapes, etc. and did not want it to be gender neutral.  If I am going to make it, I won't have time after the baby is here--besides, I'm too impatient to wait :)  We loved finding out that DD was a girl at the ultrasound--I don't think it is any "less special" than finding out at the birth.  We kept the name a secret until she was born.  We plan to find out the sex of this baby before birth as well.

• We were team green for #1, and due to complications and the nurses focusing on her breathing we never got the "It's a Girl" moment.  I think I want to find out this time to make sure we get that moment of finding out (even if it is at the ultrasound) and I think it will help our DD to be better prepared for a sister or brother.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • We were Team Green for DS1. I always knew I never wanted to find out the sex, I think that (as silly as it sounds) I would feel disappointed if I found out like the "moment" was over and I didn't get to meet him/her yet. 

I have to say that during my labour it was incredibly motiving to wait to find out. I pushed harder waiting to meet my baby girl or boy. Indescribable and totally worth it. Having DH tell me "it's a boy" and not a technician was amazing too. But that was just what's right for me. We've deliberated whether we'd be a Team Green again and our gut still says yes. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagestar678:

-I wanted gender neutral items given at the shower, and less clothing/ more useful items given, so that we got what we needed and could use it again.

-I wanted a gender neutral nursery so we could use it again and not have to update the nursery for each child-- DD will get a "big girl" room now, which we are designing with her interests in mind.

-I have the rest of the baby's life to know my baby's gender.  I think it's special to relish the unknown, the pregnancy, and that time in my life while it lasts.

And for anyone who says they are a planner and worry about how being team green would affect that-- let me tell you, I'm a huge planner and there was nothing I couldn't plan by not knowing the gender that was of major consequence.  Clothes rolled in in the hospital and we added gender specific accents to her nursery.

Alex has arrived! 9 pounds, 21 inches - 3 weeks early on March 2nd ~went natural - very intense. whew!~
  • imagestar678:

-I wanted gender neutral items given at the shower, and less clothing/ more useful items given, so that we got what we needed and could use it again.

YES YES YES to everything! The whole 'I'm a planner' just doesn't make sense from a practical point of view. You want as much in neutral as you can get to be able to re-use for future children. Plus, you'll get tons of gender-specific (and probably less practical) stuff after they arrive.

Plus - everyone I know who has waited has described the whole "it's a boy! or it's a girl!" moment to be the most amazing and so much better than they could have imagined. I want that experience. DH wanted to find out but is now on board. We may find out with future kids, but it seems more special to wait, esp with the first.

GL!

Alex has arrived! 9 pounds, 21 inches - 3 weeks early on March 2nd ~went natural - very intense. whew!~
  • This is our first and we plan on being "team green" with this pregnancy and any others we have... Its kind of exciting thinking about the baby being born and hearing the doctor say "Its a GIRL/BOY!"

On another note, being so far along I think being team green is keeping my spending habbits in check. When I go to a store the first thing I wanna do is check out the baby stuff and I think if I was team pink/blue I would be more willing to spend money on a cute onesee I see or something like that. But being neutral I am holding off on that kind of stuff like that till he/she is here so I can buy according to the sex. And in the long run I think it really is savings us money bc a lot of the stuff you want to buy is non essencial and you get from your shower and from hand-me-downs from friends/family.

For us - its really not hard waiting. And for those who like to decorate and all that jazz... we are just doing neutral colors and even once we know the sex of the baby (after he/she is born) the room will stay neutral. I dont want to have to paint and paint and paint over and over again... the baby is getting a tan room bc that is the color of my upstairs (or at least will be once we finish remodeling everything) - that saves money as well.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• I have always known that I didn't want to find out what I was having.. but now I'm getting pressured, but I still won't find out.

My little pumpkin was born at 34weeks, weighing 3lbs, due to severe IUGR & Unexplained Placental Insufficiency. He spent 49 days in the NICU. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimageimageimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"