August 2011 Moms

Who loves UO Thursday?

I do....because the boards have been sooooo boring lately. Happy Thursday!

Re: Who loves UO Thursday?

• I'll start

I judge people who bedshare and put their carseat on the top of shopping cart.

• The boards have been so boring because everyone is on the Facebook group.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • I bedshare with DS and I don't care. He is safe and we both sleep better.

I'm going to discuss adding food to DS's diet with his pedi at his next appt. He is already trying to get my food (brownie yesterday!). I say its a UO because so may are against food before 6 months.

• Guess I should have one, right?

I can't stand being a working mom. I know lots of people really like it and all that jazz but I hate it. I detest getting up everyday and taking my daughter to someone else and she smiles and laughs at them more than me. And whenever I am home, there is always sh!t to do and I feel like I can't give my full attention to her 100% of the time and this makes me feel like a bad mom. So, being a working mom sucks.....seriously. Meh.

• Breastfeeding creeps me out! FWIW I attempted it because it was the best nutrition for DD... I just think it is weird to have a little person attached to my boob.

Yes, flame away... formula just works better for us! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekrissywags:

Breastfeeding creeps me out! FWIW I attempted it because it was the best nutrition for DD... I just think it is weird to have a little person attached to my boob.

I am completely ashamed to admit that breastfeeding creeps me out too.  I feel like I have grown up seeing boobs in a sexual light and can't fathom them used as anything else.  This being said, I did give bfing a try and my milk came out too fast for her so I do ep.  But if bfing did work out for us, I would not be able to do it public and would most likely be embarrassed to have anyone see me do it, including DH.  I hope to raise my little girl to NOT think like me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagekrissywags:

Breastfeeding creeps me out! FWIW I attempted it because it was the best nutrition for DD... I just think it is weird to have a little person attached to my boob.

I understand where you are coming from.
    The Blog

Dinner.Hard life?

The brothers I Rule and OMG! with their faithful sidekickFootFoot.

imageimageimage

My life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot.
  • I think the migration to FB from the boards is unneccassary an dumb. You control how much info you give out on these boards, and I would imagine crazy can find you FB too.
    The Blog

Dinner.Hard life?

The brothers I Rule and OMG! with their faithful sidekickFootFoot.

imageimageimage

My life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot.
  • I judge people who allow the latest media craze to change what they do with their children. If it works for your family and is safe- I don't give a HOOT what anyone thinks, I'll keep doing it.

I also hate Turkey all year round. 

• imageBobbiJanay07:
    I think the migration to FB from the boards is unneccassary an dumb. You control how much info you give out on these boards, and I would imagine crazy can find you FB too.

ITA. Plus I can't get on FB at work Stick out tongue

ETA: Bobbi, I am seriously in LOVE with the last pic in your siggy. Been wanting to tell you for a while now!

• imagemdargie:

Guess I should have one, right?

I can't stand being a working mom. I know lots of people really like it and all that jazz but I hate it. I detest getting up everyday and taking my daughter to someone else and she smiles and laughs at them more than me. And whenever I am home, there is always sh!t to do and I feel like I can't give my full attention to her 100% of the time and this makes me feel like a bad mom. So, being a working mom sucks.....seriously. Meh.

100 percent with you on this
    I also don't get the breastfeeding high. I EP because NIP is so not for me
    imageimage

BFP #1 EDD 08/07/11 DS born 07/27/11 Welcome Mr. Smiley!
    BFP #2 05/28/12 EDD 02/03/13 Natural M/C 07/14/12 10w6d
    BFP #3 10/02/12 EDD 06/11/13 Please stick baby! Stick!

Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I secretly judge people who have more than one child that they just place in daycare all day. They have lots of kids that other people raise...what is the point if you can't devote time to them and raise them yourself? Then I catch myself because really some people have no other option and it shouldn't be up to financial means to be able to have kids. I actually slap my hand mentally for judging...but I do it automatically! I'm working on myself...
  • imagebradandkatie:
    I secretly judge people who have more than one child that they just place in daycare all day. They have lots of kids that other people raise...what is the point if you can't devote time to them and raise them yourself? Then I catch myself because really some people have no other option and it shouldn't be up to financial means to be able to have kids. I actually slap my hand mentally for judging...but I do it automatically! I'm working on myself...

And I secretly judge people who continue to be SAHMs when their kids are in school most of the day.

As a working mom, I assure you that most of us will sacrifice our me time to make sure that we can spend plenty of time with our kids. I haven't started back full time yet, but I will never have this guy in daycare past 3pm (Work from home with some flexibility), and I plan to nurse mid day, and to start using my vacation time more for random days home with DS. We don't need my income, but I think this guy will appreciate the life he will have b/c of it.

• I don't think anyone has the right to judge how you feed your baby, whether you nurse, pump or use formula.  I do all three and my son is happy and growing like a weed.  However, I am also tired of people telling me to just switch to formula b/c it would be so much easier.  I am aware it would be easier to not worry about how much caffeine or soda I drink in a day, how much water I drink, timing so I can have a glass of wine and still nurse, go out with friends and not have to drag my pump along.  I know all of this, stop pointing it out and just say "Good Job!!!"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBobbiJanay07:
    I think the migration to FB from the boards is unneccassary an dumb.

ITA! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• I'll play :)

imagebradandkatie:
    I secretly judge people who have more than one child that they just place in daycare all day. They have lots of kids that other people raise...what is the point if you can't devote time to them and raise them yourself? Then I catch myself because really some people have no other option and it shouldn't be up to financial means to be able to have kids. I actually slap my hand mentally for judging...but I do it automatically! I'm working on myself...

I have 2 sisters and we had to go to daycare and having siblings was what made daycare fun.  We were in it together.  Just because you can't be a SAHM doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to have as many kids as you want.

And my UO:

I think it is great that the Duggers are on child 20.  They should be able to have as many kids as they want.  They are raising well cared for children whom will be able to contribute to society.  They are not living off the government or taking advantage of the system.  No one should tell them that they shouldn't have anymore children. 

• imageGLGB:

I'll play :)

imagebradandkatie:

I have 2 sisters and we had to go to daycare and having siblings was what made daycare fun.  We were in it together.  Just because you can't be a SAHM doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to have as many kids as you want.

And my UO:

I think it is great that the Duggers are on child 20.  They should be able to have as many kids as they want.  They are raising well cared for children whom will be able to contribute to society.  They are not living off the government or taking advantage of the system.  No one should tell them that they shouldn't have anymore children. 

I judge them b/c they subject their kids to reality TV, not b/c they have 20 kids. I question the parenting of anyone who thinks putting their kids on a show like that is a good idea. 

• imageGLGB:

imagebradandkatie:

And my UO:

The bolded - I always planned on being a SAHM but things don't work out like you want them to. If you have to work to feed your family then you shouldn't be judged. On top of that, daycare is not detrimental to children! If you have the right one. Sure, I hate to leave my daughter, but it is not hurting her one bit. I still have memories of when I was in daycare and there's nothing wrong with me....

I also agree with you about the Duggars. I don't get all the hate - what did they do to anyone? I don't get the reality show argument - people say it is detrimental to the kids - how? What about it is bad for them? And the "look at Michelle's last pregnancy" argument holds no water for me either. Just because someone has complications means they shouldn't have any more kids?

• imagelincolngirl:
    imageGLGB:

imagebradandkatie:

And my UO:

I judge them b/c they subject their kids to reality TV, not b/c they have 20 kids. I question the parenting of anyone who thinks putting their kids on a show like that is a good idea. 

I understand this judgment.   I would never want my kids to be any part of reality tv.  And, no one would care how many kids they had if their lives weren't broadcast for the whole world to see.

• imagelincolngirl:

imagebradandkatie:

And I secretly judge people who continue to be SAHMs when their kids are in school most of the day.

As a working mom, I assure you that most of us will sacrifice our me time to make sure that we can spend plenty of time with our kids. I haven't started back full time yet, but I will never have this guy in daycare past 3pm (Work from home with some flexibility), and I plan to nurse mid day, and to start using my vacation time more for random days home with DS. We don't need my income, but I think this guy will appreciate the life he will have b/c of it.

Yes

To take it one step further: I plan on having more than one child, and will still work even though we don't actually need my income and it all goes to savings. 

Why?  I'm a better person when I'm working - I'm more engaged with the world, I feel better about myself, and I'm happier.  I'm a higher functioning human being with pressure and deadlines.  

If I continued on as a SAHM, I would seriously watch Days of our Lives every day, eat junk and become lazier and lazier, because there's no pressure other than my own will power and maternal guilt to DO anything!  I know that most SAHMs are not like this, but I am.  So I'll work full time and juggle everything and my kids will be way better for it in the long run. 

DS1 born 08.02.11

DS2 born 12.05.13

• imageLindsRockies:

I think the term fertile Myrtle is awful & insensitive.  Yay!  You're awesome, you can get pregnant easily.  All the fertile Myrtles can go soak up each other's awesomeness. 

The ability to get pregnant easily is not something that requires effort or hard work.  You are lucky. 

Is this really unpopular?

Maybe I'm bitter.  I don't effing care.

Not unpopular with me!  The stars of Teen Mom are fertile Myrtles...enough said. 

DS1 born 08.02.11

DS2 born 12.05.13

• I hate the socks and tights for little girls that have "shoes" on them. I think they are ugly. 

image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageohyeahdollface:

I hate the socks and tights for little girls that have "shoes" on them. I think they are ugly. 

. So true! Good thing I have a boy! And on the Duggar topic, my beef with them is that their kids are raising their kids. Do you honestly think kid 17,18,19,20 will get the same parental support as kids 1-10? Possibly, but I don't think so, in my opinion. With that said, all of their kids do seem very happy, respectful and well cared for
    imageimage

BFP #1 EDD 08/07/11 DS born 07/27/11 Welcome Mr. Smiley!
    BFP #2 05/28/12 EDD 02/03/13 Natural M/C 07/14/12 10w6d
    BFP #3 10/02/12 EDD 06/11/13 Please stick baby! Stick!

Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagelincolngirl:

imagebradandkatie:

I am so with you. I work b/c I want to not b/c I have to. I enjoy my lifestyle and feel that my son will as well. I'm excited to be able to travel with him and show him the world. I'll also never have to worry about him not being able to have the lessons he wants and participate in all the activities he wants to. Not to mention I'm sure he'll be very grateful to have his college paid for. 

Honestly, its just better for all of our sanity that I work as well. People can judge all they want but I didn't enjoy maternity leave. Sure I loved being with my little man but I needed adult interaction and the stimulation that my work environment provides. We've worked it out so when I'm back full-time he'll only be with the sitter 32 hours a week max and we're good with that.  

• imagevstevens:
    imageLindsRockies:

I think the term fertile Myrtle is awful & insensitive.  Yay!  You're awesome, you can get pregnant easily.  All the fertile Myrtles can go soak up each other's awesomeness. 

The ability to get pregnant easily is not something that requires effort or hard work.  You are lucky. 

Is this really unpopular?

Maybe I'm bitter.  I don't effing care.

Not unpopular with me!  The stars of Teen Mom are fertile Myrtles...enough said. 

This^ and I love that pic :)

• As a SAHM, I don't like the fact that when talking about being a working mom, providing for the child is always brought up. Just because I SAH doesn't mean my kids are deprived of travel opportunities, activities, sports and so on.Granted I won't be paying for their college all the way. (I'll help, but they need to have some financial responsibility for their education. I don't want to see them do what some acquaintances in college did and totally waste the opportunity because it was on mommy and daddy's dollar.)

Anyway I guess my UO is the fact that people assume SAHM's don't have the $ to do stuff for their kids and only SAH to avoid daycare costs. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"