November 2011 Moms

Taking the diaper bag to the hospital????

Did any of you ladies pack your diaper bag to take to the hospital or did you pack any extra things for LO like outfits in your bag? I hate to add to the amount of stuff to drag to and from the hospital.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Taking the diaper bag to the hospital????

• My doc said only to bring a going home outfit for the baby, the hospital will provide everything else.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have LO's diaper bag with his take home outfit in it, so that I can snag a bunch of freebies from the hospital.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I've packed the things LO needs in my bag. Most hospitals will end up giving you most of the things LO will need when born like diapers (mine is even giving a diaper bag). So to me it seemed to silly to have extra stuff to lug from car to room and back. Hope this helps.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am packing LO's diaper bag and leaving it in the car. The hospital is over an hour away. My csection is scheduled for Monday so we will be discharged on Thanksgiving which means ton's of traffic and our ride home could realistically turn into 3 hrs. I'm also one of those crazy people who is so overly prepared for everything.

• For DD we took her diaper bag and will do the same with DS.  It's mostly empty except for 2 outfits (one newborn, one 0-3 months).  We used it last time to snag the free stuff from the hospital, and to take all the gifts we recieved home. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickera>
  • I have my LOs diaper bag packed and ready to go with us. There isn't much in it. I have a blanket to go over him in his car seat, a receiving blanket, 2 outfits (1nb/1 0-3) w/ socks, and his jacket and hat. Living in PA you never know what kind of weather you'll have. We had snow the night before Halloween this year, and ever since it's been fairly warm, but we're preparing for cold. I'm not taking anything else as I know the hospital is providing diapers, wipes, etc...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageamyjoy18:

For DD we took her diaper bag and will do the same with DS.  It's mostly empty except for 2 outfits (one newborn, one 0-3 months).  We used it last time to snag the free stuff from the hospital, and to take all the gifts we recieved home. 

I wasn't going to, but my bag is pretty stuffed any I never even considered the part highlighted from your post.

Thanks for the great idea, as I do think I'll be taking it now so we have a bit more room to snag free stuff and such.

Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • No diaper bag, just baby's clothing and blanket in my bag.
  • I'm planning to pack 2 outfits (sleep n plays), a hat, and a swaddler and leave the bag in the car til we need it.

Thanks for the reminders about a blanket for the car and snagging freebies! Didn't think of that!!

imageimage image Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We brought ours. I packed it with a few outfits (hospital photos & going home outfit) and blankets. I made sure to save some space for "snagging" some of their freebies like diapers, a blanket, diaper cream, etc.

I'd suggest you bring yours but just pack it lightly.

December '14 May Siggy Challenge
    Favorite TV/Movie Mom - Tara Knowles from Sons of Anarchy
    BabyFetus Ticker

• i didn't take anything except a coming home outfit for baby. i used whatever the hospital had...may as well since it's all there!
  • We just brought a blanket and an outfit to take her home.  The hospital provided everything else and a bag to take home diapers, wipes and formula.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • At my hospital they provide everything for baby (even a going home outfit if you wanted to use it!) and they also give you a diaper bag so I am just putting baby's coming home outfit (since I don't want to use the one from the hospital) in my bag, I have the blanket, outfit, hat, socks in a big ziploc so that it's all together, easy to find, and it doesn't take up hardly any room.
  • I packed a diaper bag with outfits to dress my baby everyday. I didn't have to but I wanted to. Our baby was a premie so I knew to pack newborn outfits. The nurses all liked his outfits everyday and learned exactly who he was by how he was dressed. I also brought a blanket from home and he stayed wrapped in it the whole time we were there. We didn't have much to haul, my husband did it all in one trip...
  • With my first I brought my diaper bag and never used it. The hospital provides everything. This time I just brought a few outfits for DD.
    ~I Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Posting from an Android sorry for any errors
  • I am bringing the Diaper bag because thats what my things are going in! I didnt feel like packing a big duffel bag
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"