November 2011 Moms

Anyone else have stitches??

I had a first degree that needed to be stitched.  My swelling is down and I feel pretty normal down there.  Last night while in the shower I decided to investigate to see if there was a difference...  OMG I feel like maybe I have a few too many stitches.  I'm not as open down there as I was before LO.  I am hoping I am still a little swollen and that is what I feel.  If not I'm going to be like a virgin the first time DH and I are able to be together after I am cleared by the Dr.!
image image Siggy Challange: Before and After 2 Days old Image and video hosting by TinyPic Almost 9 Months Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Anyone else have stitches??

• I had stitches for a 2nd degree tear. I'm too afraid to even look at what's going on down there right now.  Swelling takes a while to go down. Even though I feel pretty good, I'm still a little swollen down there. Give it time, you know? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh yes I have stitches! I had to have an episiotomy and I tore naturally, so the end result was a star shape of cuts....ouch! I don't even know how many I got but I know it was not fun to be sewn up afterwards. I ventured a peek when I got home from the hospital and yikes! I looked again the other day (about a week and a half after baby's birth) and it was much better but still a little unfamiliar looking. My doctor said when she was stitching me up "things may look a little different down there". I am nervous for how this will affect things when hubby and I get to have sex again! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Last time childbirth definitely resulted in me being tighter down there

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didn't have stitches and only had a minor, tiny tear -- and I'm still swollen, even though I feel like I'm almost healed. So, my guess is that there's probably still a bit of swelling for you too!
  • I had a third degree tear and an epesiotomy and things look pretty loose down there to me... :(
  • imageSporkmoostipe:

I had stitches for a 2nd degree tear despite having an episiotomy. I'm too afraid to even look at what's going on down there right now.  Swelling takes a while to go down, so I would give it some time.  Besides DH isn't getting anywhere near that for at least 6 weeks...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"