Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Tummy time questions

How long is a baby supposed to do tummy time each day? 

How long each time? 

At 2 and a half months, is there anything I can do with LO during tummy time to interact besides sitting close by and watching to make sure he doesn't make it off the playmat onto the hardwood? 

Is there any really good place to do tummy time that is better than others?

TIA! Smile

So there's this boy. He kinda stole my heart. He calls me "Mom"

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Voted "Mom of the Year" 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Tummy time questions

• Our pedi said 10-15 min 2-3 times a day. Something else I read said 30 min a day, whether you do it all at once or broken up into multiple sessions.

Put your face close to his, make silly faces and noises...

We do tummy time on an activity mat. I've also seen people do it on a Boppy pillow.  

Honeymooning image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My son is 14 weeks and he probably gets about an hour of tummy time each day. Of course that is split up into little chunks of time. Sometimes it helps get those super stubborn burps out awhile after I feed him. Sometimes he has tummy time on the bed, but most of the time he is on his Lamby (a large medical grade lamb's wool from Australia) in the living room. He is already working on crawling because he has had so much tummy time :) 

• Loading the player...
  • I prop a mirror in front of DD and she loves it. I talk to her in the mirror or put other toys around her so she starts to move around. We can normally get 10-15 minutes at a time with her on a blanket in the living room.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • at what age did you start on the mat?

right now, we have her on our chest (she is 2 weeks) and she has a very strong neck and looks around. 

• imagerkto:

at what age did you start on the mat?

right now, we have her on our chest (she is 2 weeks) and she has a very strong neck and looks around. 

anytime.... she likely wont care about the toys, etc just yet but you can still use it for tummy time

photo 22e3a93e-8933-4ed0-acf4-72665341621b_zpsd73ca8f6.jpgp>

"What did my fingers do before they held you? What did my heart do with it's love?"

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"